If Blacks started voting Republican, would the Dems finally focus on their actual problems?

No, they don't. But once they become more educated on politics and history, and recognize what Democrats have done to them, they will slowly start to turn Republican as time goes on.

So the problem is that black people aren’t educated about politics.

Hmmmm.

Absolutely. That is the problem. They are being bought and sold like pets and don't realize it. If blacks didn't vote at all, the Democrats would care two shits about them.

That’s not insulting to a whole group of voters at all.

Nope, it isn't. I'm sure even most blacks would admit they are ignorant on politics and issues. It's just not an interest for most. The few blacks that do take an interest and study on politics are usually Republicans.

Really, you’re sure about that?

Based on what?

I've tried to talk with blacks about politics. In most cases, the extent of their knowledge is "Democrats are for the poor and working and Republicans are for the rich white guys." When somebody tells me that old line, they might as well tell me they don't know WTF they are talking about.

I live in a black community. Do you know how many cars that come by here with news radio on, talk shows, or even political commentary? It's just not something they're interested in. I wish they were! I wish it was a new trend in the black community. Maybe someday it will be. If that happens, the Democrats are in real trouble.

I don't know. Why don't Democrats?
We do
Democrats maintain community outreach offices in minority neighborhoods. Why won't Republicans

Why don't Republicans go to minority neighborhoods and point out all the good they do for the community?

So that's what Democrats gave the blacks--community outreach offices? With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Republicans can't go into minority neighborhoods. They're all Democrat, and you know how violent Democrat areas are.
Actually they do help the communities and offer a place where people can go when they need help on government programs that are available

Why aren't Republicans in minority neighborhoods? They don't even campaign there

Why don't they go in and explain all they do to help the less fortunate?

Why would Republicans go to areas where they can never win any votes? Democrats are helping the less fortunate? How? By giving their jobs to illegals? Maybe if they weren't doing that, blacks might not need your precious Community Outreach programs.

Maybe if Democrats spread the word that having children you can never afford will enslave you to government at least until those kids become adults, and probably give you a life of poverty yourself? Why don't the Democrats have programs in their public schools where the police hold seminars to explain to kids how to interact with police, why police demand the things they do of a suspect, and how to follow orders and respect authority? No, instead they encourage protesters to start riots and burn down their own towns.

They see it as a foregone conclusion that was decided for them through slavery, reconstruction, jim crow, and the southern strategy.

Which is ironic considering the fact white conservatives made it a forgone conclusion during slavery, reconstruction, jim crow, and the southern strategy.

And you say they are being enslaved by the government.

You don't see the irony in that statement at all do you?

I'll post this one more time......just for you... Read and learn something:

Walter Williams: Black Self-Sabotage

Why don't Republicans go into black neighborhoods and point out all they do for them?

I don't know. Why don't Democrats?
We do
Democrats maintain community outreach offices in minority neighborhoods. Why won't Republicans

Why don't Republicans go to minority neighborhoods and point out all the good they do for the community?

So that's what Democrats gave the blacks--community outreach offices? With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Republicans can't go into minority neighborhoods. They're all Democrat, and you know how violent Democrat areas are.
Actually they do help the communities and offer a place where people can go when they need help on government programs that are available

Why aren't Republicans in minority neighborhoods? They don't even campaign there

Why don't they go in and explain all they do to help the less fortunate?

Why would Republicans go to areas where they can never win any votes? Democrats are helping the less fortunate? How? By giving their jobs to illegals? Maybe if they weren't doing that, blacks might not need your precious Community Outreach programs.

Maybe if Democrats spread the word that having children you can never afford will enslave you to government at least until those kids become adults, and probably give you a life of poverty yourself? Why don't the Democrats have programs in their public schools where the police hold seminars to explain to kids how to interact with police, why police demand the things they do of a suspect, and how to follow orders and respect authority? No, instead they encourage protesters to start riots and burn down their own towns.

Why can't Republicans win votes in black communities

All you have to do is show them all the jobs you are bringing to their community, show them all the legislation you pass that has made their lives better

It can't be that hard

There is a mind-set in poor neighborhoods with many students that schools, and education are a waste. No one in the neighborhood has a good job they are all
poor just like me. The mind-set of many students is not education, but when can I quit school.
At least that seemed to be the attitude at my high school Not one of my friends graduated and I left in the 11th. grade.
High school seems like a waste when there’s no chance you could ever afford college.

That is absolute bullshit.
How so?

Well, he's probably not going to answer but A. high school diploma itself makes a difference and B. there a LOT of aid out there for the really poor.
Those possessing a college diploma, on average, earn A LOT more money than those with just a high school diploma.
In my day a college diploma didn’t matter so much. Today it’s almost required.

Just wondering what your opinions are on this hypothetical that wont happen.
Honestly, blacks need to get over the past and stop thinking every white is racist. We all wish we could say we had a black friend or friends. Our companies love finding a good black person to make a more diverse work environment. We are hiring and looking for good workers. Here's my point. Many of the current black population may not be what we are looking for. But this can be corrected in one or two generations. Let me explain. My grandfather came to America a foreigner. He could never get hired in white collar corporate America either. He didn't have the educations or skills either. But he moved here and washed dishes and eventually became a cook. His son my dad got a good job at ford and today my brother is a vp at a Fortune 500.

Black people can do the exact same thing. Blacks born today don't have to grow up with ghetto mentality
Then we have to stop supporting policies that keep them stuck in the ghettos. We need to slow mass incarceration, make higher education more accessible financially, raise the minimum wage. Personally, I think school- on all levels- use to prepare students for adulthood better. I think job trainings should be pushed; how to find a job to match your skill set, how to write a resume, how to conduct an interview, how to follow up with an employer etc.

Kids born in the ghetto need to know there’s a way out. Now a days it is so hard to overcome poverty, I think a lot of people just try and survive it. In my experience education and a secure job are the only way out. Unless you are an athlete/singer/have some special talent. Anyways, we can’t have higher education costing a small fortune and then being mad poor kids don’t go:2up:

I'm liberal but what a conservative would say or ask is, who's responsible for teaching these skills? It's the parents not the government.

Don't tell us tell ghetto parents
What skills? Schooling? Yea it starts at home but that’s literally why we have teachers. To guide kids through each step of the education process. Not all kids have a strong family support. Many kids from “the ghetto” have home situations that might not be the most condusive for a budding student. Many times their parents work crazy hours, many times they have an absent parent, many times they themselves are required to work to help the household, sometimes they are their younger siblings caregivers as mom can’t afford a nanny- cooking cleaning changing diapers. Etc etc.

Honestly, blacks need to get over the past and stop thinking every white is racist. We all wish we could say we had a black friend or friends. Our companies love finding a good black person to make a more diverse work environment. We are hiring and looking for good workers. Here's my point. Many of the current black population may not be what we are looking for. But this can be corrected in one or two generations. Let me explain. My grandfather came to America a foreigner. He could never get hired in white collar corporate America either. He didn't have the educations or skills either. But he moved here and washed dishes and eventually became a cook. His son my dad got a good job at ford and today my brother is a vp at a Fortune 500.

Black people can do the exact same thing. Blacks born today don't have to grow up with ghetto mentality

THIS is racism if anything is.

Racism is the belief that Race determines outcome.

Sealy is stating his belief is the exact opposite of that.

THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

Notice how those with an agenda engage in the same transparent attempts at declaring the definition of terms to be whatever suits their purposes at any given moment?

There is a mind-set in poor neighborhoods with many students that schools, and education are a waste. No one in the neighborhood has a good job they are all
poor just like me. The mind-set of many students is not education, but when can I quit school.
At least that seemed to be the attitude at my high school Not one of my friends graduated and I left in the 11th. grade.
High school seems like a waste when there’s no chance you could ever afford college.

It wouldn't be a waste if they taught things for non-college people. I believe that our public schools need to put more effort into teaching investments and costs related to having children; compound interest, real estate, stock market and commodities.
College isn’t right for everyone, another path is great. If college was more accessible and high school was career/even trade oriented everyone would be covered. I’m so sick of those standardized tests I think they’re ridiculous.

The standardized tests are not the problem.

Degree inflation is a problem.

I knew a single mom who was going to school to get a certification to be a NURSE'S AID.

That's utter bullshit. The fucking hospital needs to pay for that training, and it the have put that much fucking responsibility on nurse's aides, that they need to a fucking CERTIFICATE, then they need to start paying them more.

Why, comrade?

If Republicans started focusing on actual problems facing the black community, maybe blacks would start voting for them.

Conservatives don't divide people into groups, decide which ones they like and which ones they don't, and then develop policies catering to each one. That's what Democrats do.

During the time, it was Republicans who fought against single-parent homes while Democrats promoted them to win the women's lib vote. Single parent homes are directly related to poverty, and the black community now averages 70% out of wedlock births.

And yet black people don’t vote Republican.

Hmmmm.

Exactly.

They side with the side that has fucked them up.

Funny how Republicans can’t convince them of that.

This is almost turning into blaming black people for not voting Republican, rather than blaming Republicans for not appealing to the black vote.
How does one appeal to the black vote?

How so?

Well, he's probably not going to answer but A. high school diploma itself makes a difference and B. there a LOT of aid out there for the really poor.
Those possessing a college diploma, on average, earn A LOT more money than those with just a high school diploma.

It is not.

If Republicans started focusing on actual problems facing the black community, maybe blacks would start voting for them.

Conservatives don't divide people into groups, decide which ones they like and which ones they don't, and then develop policies catering to each one. That's what Democrats do.

During the time, it was Republicans who fought against single-parent homes while Democrats promoted them to win the women's lib vote. Single parent homes are directly related to poverty, and the black community now averages 70% out of wedlock births.

Hmmmm.

Exactly.

This is almost turning into blaming black people for not voting Republican, rather than blaming Republicans for not appealing to the black vote.

Bring jobs to their communities
If blacks can say.......I owe my job to Republicans
They will vote Republican forever

Hmmmm.

Exactly.

Well a bad idea is electing a raging racist with decades of documented abuse to the blacks race.
How do you appeal to a demographic you don’t give a shit about? You don’t.

Hmmmm.

Exactly.

Is that what democrats do? Lol

Hmmmm.

Exactly.

Well a bad idea is electing a raging racist with decades of documented abuse to the blacks race.
Lol yea.
I can tell the democrats love black people. They do wonders for them HA

Hmmmm.

Exactly.

Generally, represent the interests of the poor working class.

As more black people enter into other social classes, that will change. But the question is how to help black people into middle and upper class lives.

How so?

It is not.
It is almost required, yes it is. Unless you are an exception, you hit the lottery, can shoot hoops, have some special talent etc.
a college diploma is necesssary to climb out of poverty, absolutely.

If you want to tell your kids they don’t need it fine, they can serve mine burgers and fries as they are climbing the economic ladder to success.

How so?

It is not.
Median weekly earnings by educational attainment in 2014 : The Economics Daily : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Pretty clearly necessary.

Hmmmm.

Exactly.

As more black people enter into other social classes, that will change. But the question is how to help black people into middle and upper class lives.
Do Democrats represent the interests of them?

Hmmmm.

Exactly.

Is that what democrats do? Lol
Of course not...we give free stuff
You know that

Why can't Republicans do better?

Hmmmm.

Exactly.

Lol yea.
I can tell the democrats love black people. They do wonders for them HA
Well... they continually push for education programs, raising the minimum wage, programs to help assist them when repubs vote down that pay raise.

Hmmmm.

Exactly.

Do Democrats represent the interests of them?
“Their interests”
Yes it seems we do. 97% of Black women voted blue last presidential election. Seems to be quite a unanimous decision.

Forum List

Back