If billions of planets have sentient life, then why is the sky so silent?

There is no intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. The chances that some other planet would have all the required conditions for life are so remote as to be non-existent.
That's what I think.

Because if the chance of sentient life was even 1 chance in 1 trillion, there would still be numerous advanced civilizations in the universe, and if there were, they would have explored Earth by now.

What makes you believe that they have not explored Earth?
Well, an utter lack of evidence gives us reason not to accept such a proposal...

I swam across a lake and left no evidence, does that mean I did not swim across the lake? Lack of evidence of an event is not evidence that the event did not occur.

I swam across a lake and left no evidence, does that mean I did not swim across the lake?
No, it means i have no reason to accwpt the proposal that you swam across the lake. I already delineated this difference once. You are conflating principles...not accepting a proposal is not the same as asserting that it is false.

And the claim that you swam across a lake is a bit less extraordinary than the claim that aliens have exploreed earth. So, maybe you should make a better comparison..like, claiming you flapped your arms and flew across the lake, while doing your taxes....

We should have heard their radio transmissions by now.
The speed of light is 186,000 miles a second.

Figure out how far you travel in a light year.

Then figure out how close is the closest stars.

Then you begin to figure out what real rural living is all about.
Not to mention that there is a high probability something is out there that could block or interfere with your transmission

There is no intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. The chances that some other planet would have all the required conditions for life are so remote as to be non-existent.
That's what I think.

Because if the chance of sentient life was even 1 chance in 1 trillion, there would still be numerous advanced civilizations in the universe, and if there were, they would have explored Earth by now.

Well, an utter lack of evidence gives us reason not to accept such a proposal...
What if the evidence is right there in your face but you are not smart enough to see it yet?

That's what I think.

What if the evidence is right there in your face but you are not smart enough to see it yet?
What if rainbow unicorns make ice cream in the 6th dimension?

That's what I think.

Ok I will prove it.

Which one of these squares is a different green than the others? You have 2 minutes

Green1.jpg

That's what I think.

Ok I will prove it.

Which one of these squares is a different green than the others? You have 2 minutes

Green1.jpg
I am not your assistant. Just make your point!

By the way, before you waste your time:

Demonstrating an optical illusion is a PEEFECT demonstrate of how flawed and easily fooled our brains are, and exactly why extraordinary claims should not be accepted on the basis of eyewitness testimony. You are literally demonstrating exactly why we have no reason whatsoever to believe that anyone has seen an alien spacecraft.... Or ghosts...or bigfoot...

Ok I will prove it.

Green1.jpg

Demonstrating an optical illusion is a PEEFECT demonstrate of how I feel and easily fooled our brains are, and exactly why extraordinary claims should not be accepted on the basis of eyewitness testimony alone. You are literally demonstrating exactly why we have no reason whatsoever to believe that anyone has seen an alien spacecraft.
My point is that if you cant conceive of something then you can look it right in the eye and not see it. This is a test done on english speakers that always fail the test or take forever to see the answer. There is a tribe in Africa called the Himba that get the answer correct immediately. The reason? They have various words for different shades of green. They have in effect knowledge you dont have. BTW its not an optical illusion so your claim is false about seeing aliens.

Ok I will prove it.

Green1.jpg

Demonstrating an optical illusion is a PEEFECT demonstrate of how I feel and easily fooled our brains are, and exactly why extraordinary claims should not be accepted on the basis of eyewitness testimony alone. You are literally demonstrating exactly why we have no reason whatsoever to believe that anyone has seen an alien spacecraft.
My point is that if you cant conceive of something then you can look it right in the eye and not see it. This is a test done on english speakers that always fail the test or take forever to see the answer. There is a tribe in Africa called the Himba that get the answer correct immediately. The reason? They have various words for different shades of green. They have in effect knowledge you dont have. BTW its not an optical illusion so your claim is false about seeing aliens.
That is an optical illusion. The And the different green is at 1, btw.

My crayon box from when i was 5 years old says we do have different names for different shades of green.

And my claim about eyewitness testimony being terrible is spot on. And no, you did not make your point. Unless you would like to divine to us your divine wisdom that allows you to see evidence of aliens where nobody else sees it. Does your tribe have different names for different alien spacecraft?

Last edited:
Apparently, few have anything close to an idea just how big the universe is. The coincidence of crossing paths with off-earth beings would almost require an act of 'God'.

There is another factor also.

The earth was around about 4 billion years before any multi cell life existed. There will be a billion years of life and then the sun will start to expand probably destroying all life. Then, in about five billion years after that the earth will burn up. Of the ten billion years the earth would have existed only one billion years would have been with life.

A visitor from another world finding earth would have a one chance in ten of showing up at a time when life existed.

We would probably have the same odds visiting another planet just like earth. We would have 10% of finding it when life existed.

Ok I will prove it.

Green1.jpg

That is an optical illusion. And my crayon box from when i was 5 years old says we do have different names for different shades of green.

And my claim about eyewitness testimony being terrible is spot on. And no, you did not make your point. Unless you would like to dovine to us your divine wisdom that allows you to see evidence of aliens where nobody else sees it.
No thats not an optical illusion. Its just one square with a different shade of green. An optical illusion is just that. An illusion. Something that tricks your brain into seeing something that is not there.

op·ti·cal il·lu·sion
/ˈäptəkəl iˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
  1. something that deceives the eye by appearing to be other than it is.

Last edited:
Ok I will prove it.

Green1.jpg

That is an optical illusion. And my crayon box from when i was 5 years old says we do have different names for different shades of green.

And my claim about eyewitness testimony being terrible is spot on. And no, you did not make your point. Unless you would like to divine to us your divine wisdom that allows you to see evidence of aliens where nobody else sees it. Does your tribe have different names for different alien spacecraft?
Other people have seen alien ships. I'm not the only one. Matter of fact I wasnt the only one when I saw them my second time. It was 5 of us that saw the exact same thing.

Ok I will prove it.

Green1.jpg

My crayon box from when i was 5 years old says we do have different names for different shades of green.

Curiously enough this same tribe has no word for blue. No distinction between the color blue or green. Guess what? They have the same trouble seeing a blue square on the same test as english speakers have seeing the different shade of green.

Something that tricks your brain into seeing something that is not there.
Like, the same color green, just like optical illusion that trick you into seeing the same gray color tile when the tiles are different colors. That is why there are 12 tiles in your image instead of just two, side by side.

Ok I will prove it.

Green1.jpg

Curiously enough this same tribe has no word for blue. No distinction between the color blue or green. Guess what? They have the same trouble seeing a blue square on the same test as english speakers have seeing the different shade of green.
So?

Something that tricks your brain into seeing something that is not there.
Like, the same color green, just like optical illusion that trick you into seeing the same gray color tile when the tiles are different colors. That is why there are 12 tiles in your image instead of just two, side by side.
Its not the same color green. Its a different shade. You just dont have a word for that different shade.

No one could see the colour blue until modern times

Ok I will prove it.

Green1.jpg

So?
So like I said. You can have evidence right in your face and not see it because you lack the knowledge.

"Davidoff says that without a word for a colour, without a way of identifying it as different, it’s much harder for us to notice what’s unique about it — even though our eyes are physically seeing the blocks it in the same way.

So before blue became a common concept, maybe humans saw it. But it seems they didn’t know they were seeing it.

If you see something yet can’t see it, does it exist? Did colours come into existence over time? Not technically, but our ability to notice them may have…"

Its not the same color green. Its a different shade.
Yes, that is what i said. So why do you supposenthere are 12 color tiles the image, and not just 2?

Easy answer: because everyone would immediately notice the different shade of green.

And none of this nonsense lends any credence whatsoever to alien myths.

You can have evidence right in your face and not see it because you lack the knowledge.
That doesn't translate, sorry. I am immune to this charlatan's trick. In no way does this demonstrate that anyone can see evidence of alien exploration where i cannot.

Its not the same color green. Its a different shade.
Yes, that is what i said. So why do you supposenthere are 12 color tiles the image, and not just 2?

Easy answer: because everyone would immediately notice the different shade of green.

And none of this nonsense lends any credence whatsoever to alien myths.
No you said it was a different color not a different shade. There are 12 to make it even more obvious and the lone square of a different shade stand out.

The Himba tribe immediately noticed the different shade of green.

Nothing you said proves that I didnt see an alien ship.

Forum List

Back