Identity politics...

Random assorted thoughts:

This stuff reminds me a lot of the anti Semitic mindset. It always works backwards from the idea that a certain group of people have all the power due to conspiratorial reasons, all people in this group are treated as one in the same and the goal should be to take as much power away from them as possible. Anyone who disagrees is dismissed because they’re a member of that group.

On top of that white peoples who agree with them are called “allies” (“one of the good ones”) and people who are against them are “enemies”

My dad had a knife held to his throat because he tried to be friends with a black kid and his brother didn’t like it. A lot of people over 40 have stories like this. Yet, they’re told by twenty year olds from the suburbs that white people have never faced racism and it’s racist to disagree.

This talk has all the elements of racism and none of these people realize it.

The people pedaling this stuff don’t seem to realize that a majority of the people are white and no matter how fair the system is whites will most likely be a polarity in all categories as a simple matter of logistics. It truly seems like every millennial would still look at a world where all success was divided evenly based on race percentages and still flip out at white people having 60%.

All this is coming from a life long leftist who still sees racial injustice all the time and can’t for the life of me understand where social justice went from trying to make minority’s feel like individuals to giving up and trying to make everyone feel like a member of a group who’s every action is judged based solely on race/class/gender.
Conspiratorial reasons? Are you retarded or something? The US put in place actual laws to make sure whites had opportunities that other races did not. The US gave away land to whites. Its not a conspiracy its a fact. Every heard of Jim Crow or the Black Codes? Even the SCOTUS admits there is institutional racism. You may as well move on over to the conservative side with the clowns that are openly racist. FYI. I'm not a millennial.

Those laws are not in place today. If a company hires mostly white people today it is not likely a conspiracy.

Of course those laws are part of the reason black people are collectively poorer today. We’ve put things like affirmative action in place and you’re seeing diversity in all colleges.

After all that white people are still going to be a polarity of wealth as a matter of logistics. It’s looking like people are going to cry racism until 12% of the population make up 70% of the success. It’s getting ridiculous. The game is pretty damn fair now and people think the work place is racist if they don’t get to personally pick the results of how successful each race is.

Are you crazy? You say the game pretty damn fair now when white unemployment is under the US rate and black unemployment is double that rate. And despite your finest opinion, if a company hires mostly white people today, based on location, it is an intentional act of racism.

The laws in place seem pretty fair. There are individuals who sometimes get away with racism. That’s different from having a play book that is racist within itself.

Show me a black community where a white store owner is mostly hiring whites and I’ll call him racist.

Today kids will look at a law firm, see more white faces and complain that there isn’t enough diversity. My point is that it is not a conspiracy when 60% of the population is a polarity anywhere.
Depends. If the whites comprise more than 60% of the employees how do you know its not racism?

You don’t. You wouldn’t be able to answer the same question at a place where they made up 20% (yes, I worked for one) Which is my point. The numbers game I see people playing is stupid.

All you can do is call out individuals when you see them being racist. This extra mile where people turn on a tv show and cry on the internet if it isn’t diverse enough for them is pathetic and just creates anger and white guilt.

Conspiratorial reasons? Are you retarded or something? The US put in place actual laws to make sure whites had opportunities that other races did not. The US gave away land to whites. Its not a conspiracy its a fact. Every heard of Jim Crow or the Black Codes? Even the SCOTUS admits there is institutional racism. You may as well move on over to the conservative side with the clowns that are openly racist. FYI. I'm not a millennial.

Those laws are not in place today. If a company hires mostly white people today it is not likely a conspiracy.

Of course those laws are part of the reason black people are collectively poorer today. We’ve put things like affirmative action in place and you’re seeing diversity in all colleges.

After all that white people are still going to be a polarity of wealth as a matter of logistics. It’s looking like people are going to cry racism until 12% of the population make up 70% of the success. It’s getting ridiculous. The game is pretty damn fair now and people think the work place is racist if they don’t get to personally pick the results of how successful each race is.

Are you crazy? You say the game pretty damn fair now when white unemployment is under the US rate and black unemployment is double that rate. And despite your finest opinion, if a company hires mostly white people today, based on location, it is an intentional act of racism.

The laws in place seem pretty fair. There are individuals who sometimes get away with racism. That’s different from having a play book that is racist within itself.

Show me a black community where a white store owner is mostly hiring whites and I’ll call him racist.

Today kids will look at a law firm, see more white faces and complain that there isn’t enough diversity. My point is that it is not a conspiracy when 60% of the population is a polarity anywhere.
Depends. If the whites comprise more than 60% of the employees how do you know its not racism?

You don’t. You wouldn’t be able to answer the same question at a place where they made up 20% (yes, I worked for one) Which is my point. The numbers game I see people playing is stupid.

All you can do is call out individuals when you see them being racist. This extra mile where people turn on a tv show and cry on the internet if it isn’t diverse enough for them is pathetic and just creates anger and white guilt.
I disagree. You ever work in a predominantly white environment as a Black person you see the obvious racism occurring. It has never failed in my personal experience. When a company is diverse you rarely if ever see it as whites feel uncomfortable being obviously racist in such an environment.

I disagree. You ever work in a predominantly white environment as a Black person you see the obvious racism occurring. It has never failed in my personal experience. When a company is diverse you rarely if ever see it as whites feel uncomfortable being obviously racist in such an environment.

It sound like you’re black. Correct me if I’m wrong. Tell me if this resembles your experience:

When I was young and new to LA I got a low income sales job. The company was owned by Iranians and most of the employees where minority’s.

On my first day they gave me a chair and told me how important my comfort was. On the second day they saw me sitting after five straight hours of standing and verbally assaulted me and then took the chair away. The next day I asked my supervisor to use the bathroom, he approved, I was gone for two minutes. I came back got yelled at, the supervisor claimed I lied about him letting me go. This sort of stuff happened everyday. At some point one of my Latino co workers told me they do this to white guys.

Now, I’m not presenting myself as a victim, this was light and pathetic bullying and it was because of my skin color.

my point is simple, it’s not nearly as common but white people do get treated poorly because of race when society has the opportunity to do so.

Unless your experience of being a black person in a white environment are much worst than that (I’m open to hearing they are) you need to stop the white people can’t understand pain talk.

It sound like you’re black. Correct me if I’m wrong. Tell me if this resembles your experience:

When I was young and new to LA I got a low income sales job. The company was owned by Iranians and most of the employees where minority’s.

On my first day they gave me a chair and told me how important my comfort was. On the second day they saw me sitting after five straight hours of standing and verbally assaulted me and then took the chair away. The next day I asked my supervisor to use the bathroom, he approved, I was gone for two minutes. I came back got yelled at, the supervisor claimed I lied about him letting me go. This sort of stuff happened everyday. At some point one of my Latino co workers told me they do this to white guys.

Now, I’m not presenting myself as a victim, this was light and pathetic bullying and it was because of my skin color.

Now my point is simple, it’s not nearly as common but white people do get treated poorly because of race when society has the opportunity to do so.

Unless your experience of being a black person in a white environment are much worst than that (I’m open to hearing they are) you need to stop the white people can’t understand pain talk.

"The company was owned by Iranians and most of the employees where minority’s."

No the company was owned by whites and most of the employees were white just like most of the companies in the US.

"On the second day they saw me sitting after five straight hours of standing and verbally assaulted me and then took the chair away. The next day I asked my supervisor to use the bathroom, he approved, I was gone for two minutes. I came back got yelled at, the supervisor claimed I lied about him letting me go. "

No nothing like that. No one would dare verbally assault me. There were some lies told but mostly whites claiming credit for things I had done. There was also an attempt to keep me from advancing which I would have never known about had not a white woman told me and reported to HR. The racist was fired and I was able to advance.

"Now my point is simple, it’s not nearly as common but white people do get treated poorly because of race when society has the opportunity to do so."

Umm. Thats the point. Its not nearly as common and 9 times out of 10 whites dont have to put up with it since whites own the vast majority of the opportunities in the US. So you see white people dont understand what its like to be discriminated against their entire lives. It never happens.

Now my point is simple, it’s not nearly as common but white people do get treated poorly because of race when society has the opportunity to do so.

No the company was owned by whites and most of the employees were white just like most of the companies in the US.

"On the second day they saw me sitting after five straight hours of standing and verbally assaulted me and then took the chair away. The next day I asked my supervisor to use the bathroom, he approved, I was gone for two minutes. I came back got yelled at, the supervisor claimed I lied about him letting me go. "

No nothing like that. No one would dare verbally assault me. There were some lies told but mostly whites claiming credit for things I had done. There was also an attempt to keep me from advancing which I would have never known about had not a white woman told me and reported to HR. The racist was fired and I was able to advance.

"Now my point is simple, it’s not nearly as common but white people do get treated poorly because of race when society has the opportunity to do so."

Umm. Thats the point. Its not nearly as common and 9 times out of 10 whites dont have to put up with it since whites own the vast majority of the opportunities in the US. So you see white people dont understand what its like to be discriminated against their entire lives. It never happens.

So, the racist person was fired and you advanced.

My experience with racism in the work place went totally without consequences and was more childish to begin with.

Yet, you think you understand the pain of racism in the work place and I don’t.

Keep this in mind next time you start this conversation. Don’t start with the frame that white people can’t understand. You’re generalizing. If I did that I’d be called racist.

So, you weren’t bullied, the racist person was fired and you advanced.

My experience with racism in the work place went totally without consequences and was more childish to begin with.

Keep this in mind next time you start with conversation. Don’t start with the frame that white people can’t understand. You’re generalizing. If I did that I’d be called racist.
White people dont understand. They cant help it because they have no frame of reference. Wake me when you spend your entire life being discriminated against.

Keep this in mind next time you start with conversation. Don’t start with the frame that white people can’t understand. You’re generalizing. If I did that I’d be called racist.
White people dont understand. They cant help it because they have no frame of reference. Wake me when you spend your entire life being discriminated against.

Once again, they experience it on a different level. They still experience it. You don’t achieve anything by deflecting it when it happens.

Just look at this board. A guy tried to deflect and dismiss a story where a black person put a knife to a white guy by arguing “yeah, but white people are racist.”

You just dismised workplace bulying that you haven’t experienced with the argument “white people are more racist.”

Look at the things that are indirectly defended in the name of being the bigger victim.

Once again, they experience it on a different level. They still experience it. You don’t achieve anything by deflecting it when it happens.

Just look at this board. A guy tried to deflect and dismiss a story where a black person put a knife to a white guy by arguing “yeah, but white people are racist.”

You just dismised workplace bulying that you haven’t experienced with the argument “white people are more racist.”

Look at the things that are indirectly defended in the name of being the bigger victim.
Just because people are afraid to try and bully me doesnt mean I dont experience racism. Besides workplace bullying doesnt mean racism. Like I said when you can show me one white male that has been discriminated against their entire lives then and only then will I believe they understand. Even white women dont entirely get it but they are closer than white men.

Just because people are afraid to try and bully me doesnt mean I dont experience racism. Besides workplace bullying doesnt mean racism. Like I said when you can show me one white male that has been discriminated against their entire lives then and only then will I believe they understand. Even white women dont entirely get it but they are closer than white men.

Work place bullying doesn’t mean racism? Do you have the same standards when it comes to black people?

Work place bullying doesn’t mean racism? Do you have the same standards when it comes to black people?
Correct. I've seen white people bully each other so its not always racism.

Identity politics is the tip of the corporatism iceberg. We're in the midst of a sea-change in American politics. We're abandoning the protection of equal, universal, individual rights, in favor of a government that assigns privileges to those who 'deserve' them.

I’ve seen black people bully each other.

You just decided that bullying can’t be racist. I’m glad you settled that for society. I guess white people bullying black people can never be racist.

You don’t believe that. You’re taking this stance because this convo is easier for you if you can convince yourself I’ve never experienced racism.

This conversation about workplace bullying was centered around my experience which was pretty openly and admittedly racist. But now you’re just working backwards from “f white people”

Last edited:

iu

You just decided that bullying can’t be racist. I’m glad you settled that for society. I guess white people bullying black people can never be racist.

You don’t believe that. You’re taking this stance because this convo is easier for you if you can convince yourself I’ve never experienced racism.

This conversation about workplace bullying was centered around my experience which was pretty openly and admittedly racist. But now you’re just working backwards from “f white people”
I've seen Black people bully each other as well which is why I said its not necessarily racism. Only an idiot would think that two whites bullying each other or two Blacks bullying each other is racist. Now if its two different races then you can assume racism may play a part but again we dont know for sure. Your experience with even "maybe racism" doesnt and has never spanned your entire life so stop whining and claiming you know what Black people feel.

I've seen Black people bully each other as well which is why I said its not necessarily racism. Only an idiot would think that two whites bullying each other or two Blacks bullying each other is racist. Now if its two different races then you can assume racism may play a part but again we dont know for sure. Your experience with even "maybe racism" doesnt and has never spanned your entire life so stop whining and claiming you know what Black people feel.

No one says they know how black people feel. Or gay people. Or women.

Most people have something that makes them different and causes scorn. None of us know exactly what the other persons struggle feels like. Doesn’t mean we can’t relate on some level, or get the occasional glimpse into each other’s world.

This dismissal of all white opinions on race is stupid.

You entered this debate claiming white people could never know what it’s like to work in this country. Your example of office pain is practically nothing at all.

Believe it or not white people have been the victim of people trying to take credit for their ideas. They’ve also dealt with idiots trying to play the game and get them fired. That example is not black exclusive. Yet you’re acting like it is.

Most people have something that makes them different and causes scorn. None of us know exactly what the other persons struggle feels like. Doesn’t mean we can’t relate on some level, or get the occasional glimpse into each other’s world.

You entered this debate claiming white people could never know what it’s like to work in this country. Your example of office pain is practically nothing at all.

Believe it or not white people have been the victim of people trying to take credit for their ideas. They’ve also dealt with idiots trying to play the game and get them fired. That example is not black exclusive. Yet you’re acting like it is.
"You entered this debate claiming white people could never know what it’s like to work in this country."

Just because youre losing the debate doesnt mean you have to lie. I never said anything like what you just claimed. :rolleyes:

I think you missed the part where I was turned down for a promotion to a group specifically because I was Black.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Random assorted thoughts:

This stuff reminds me a lot of the anti Semitic mindset. It always works backwards from the idea that a certain group of people have all the power due to conspiratorial reasons, all people in this group are treated as one in the same and the goal should be to take as much power away from them as possible. Anyone who disagrees is dismissed because they’re a member of that group.

On top of that white peoples who agree with them are called “allies” (“one of the good ones”) and people who are against them are “enemies”

My dad had a knife held to his throat because he tried to be friends with a black kid and his brother didn’t like it. A lot of people over 40 have stories like this. Yet, they’re told by twenty year olds from the suburbs that white people have never faced racism and it’s racist to disagree.

This talk has all the elements of racism and none of these people realize it.

The people pedaling this stuff don’t seem to realize that a majority of the people are white and no matter how fair the system is whites will most likely be a polarity in all categories as a simple matter of logistics. It truly seems like every millennial would still look at a world where all success was divided evenly based on race percentages and still flip out at white people having 60%.

All this is coming from a life long leftist who still sees racial injustice all the time and can’t for the life of me understand where social justice went from trying to make minority’s feel like individuals to giving up and trying to make everyone feel like a member of a group who’s every action is judged based solely on race/class/gender.

I am a 57 year old black man and ask when did social justice ever include what you claim?

As to your father, do you understand why that black person may not have liked whites? Why would whites over 40 have stories like this? Would white racism perpetrated against blacks have anything to do with it?

Because we blacks over 40 have stories that make what your father went through look like Christmas. And the thing is, it has been continuous and has not stopped.

And I damn sure ain't from the suburbs.

Of course blacks were angry but all people are to be judged as individuals. The second you treat people poorly because of color you’re doing the same exact thing. There are no excuses.

Why do you whites dare think you have something to say when all your race has ever done and still do is judge people by race? And it is not same thing. You try living a lifetime like we blacks have. Not what whites like you assume we live whereby we get all these special things. Until you do that you don't have shit to say about how there are no excuses. .

Last edited:

You are here trying to dismiss blacks experiences with racism.

"You entered this debate claiming white people could never know what it’s like to work in this country."

Just because youre losing the debate doesnt mean you have to lie. I never said anything like what you just claimed. :rolleyes:

I think you missed the part where I was turned down for a promotion to a group specifically because I was Black.
I was referring to this comment:

“You ever work in a predominantly white environment as a Black person you see the obvious racism occurring. It has never failed in my personal experience. When a company is diverse you rarely if ever see it as whites feel uncomfortable being obviously racist in such an environment.”

This whole debate you’ve argued that white people don’t understand racism, dismissed any examples of racism towards whites, and held up your struggles as paramount.

I did miss the part where you were turned down for a promotion. Are you referring to this:

“There was also an attempt to keep me from advancing which I would have never known about had not a white woman told me and reported to HR. The racist was fired and I was able to advance.”

Where you turned down or did you advance? Those are conflicting stories.

Forum List

Back