Identity politics...

Random assorted thoughts:

This stuff reminds me a lot of the anti Semitic mindset. It always works backwards from the idea that a certain group of people have all the power due to conspiratorial reasons, all people in this group are treated as one in the same and the goal should be to take as much power away from them as possible. Anyone who disagrees is dismissed because they’re a member of that group.

On top of that white peoples who agree with them are called “allies” (“one of the good ones”) and people who are against them are “enemies”

My dad had a knife held to his throat because he tried to be friends with a black kid and his brother didn’t like it. A lot of people over 40 have stories like this. Yet, they’re told by twenty year olds from the suburbs that white people have never faced racism and it’s racist to disagree.

This talk has all the elements of racism and none of these people realize it.

The people pedaling this stuff don’t seem to realize that a majority of the people are white and no matter how fair the system is whites will most likely be a polarity in all categories as a simple matter of logistics. It truly seems like every millennial would still look at a world where all success was divided evenly based on race percentages and still flip out at white people having 60%.

All this is coming from a life long leftist who still sees racial injustice all the time and can’t for the life of me understand where social justice went from trying to make minority’s feel like individuals to giving up and trying to make everyone feel like a member of a group who’s every action is judged based solely on race/class/gender.

I am a 57 year old black man and ask when did social justice ever include what you claim?

As to your father, do you understand why that black person may not have liked whites? Why would whites over 40 have stories like this? Would white racism perpetrated against blacks have anything to do with it?

Because we blacks over 40 have stories that make what your father went through look like Christmas. And the thing is, it has been continuous and has not stopped.

And I damn sure ain't from the suburbs.

Of course blacks were angry but all people are to be judged as individuals. The second you treat people poorly because of color you’re doing the same exact thing. There are no excuses.

Why do you whites dare think you have something to say when all your race has ever done and still do is judge people by race? And it is not same thing. You try living a lifetime like we blacks have. Not what whites like you assume we live whereby we get all these special things. Until you do that you don't have shit to say about how there are no excuses. .

There are no excuses for putting a knife to someone. Hearing language like “ all you whites have ever done...” shows that you’re a lost cause.

I’m sorry you’ve been through pain and I’m sorry certain white individuals made you feel this way. It does not justify hating all white people.

Correct. I've seen white people bully each other so its not always racism.

I’ve seen black people bully each other.

You just decided that bullying can’t be racist. I’m glad you settled that for society. I guess white people bullying black people can never be racist.

You don’t believe that. You’re taking this stance because this convo is easier for you if you can convince yourself I’ve never experienced racism.

This conversation about workplace bullying was centered around my experience which was pretty openly and admittedly racist. But now you’re just working backwards from “f white people”
I've seen Black people bully each other as well which is why I said its not necessarily racism. Only an idiot would think that two whites bullying each other or two Blacks bullying each other is racist. Now if its two different races then you can assume racism may play a part but again we dont know for sure. Your experience with even "maybe racism" doesnt and has never spanned your entire life so stop whining and claiming you know what Black people feel.

No one says they know how black people feel. Or gay people. Or women.

Most people have something that makes them different and causes scorn. None of us know exactly what the other persons struggle feels like. Doesn’t mean we can’t relate on some level, or get the occasional glimpse into each other’s world.

This dismissal of all white opinions on race is stupid.

You entered this debate claiming white people could never know what it’s like to work in this country. Your example of office pain is practically nothing at all.

Believe it or not white people have been the victim of people trying to take credit for their ideas. They’ve also dealt with idiots trying to play the game and get them fired. That example is not black exclusive. Yet you’re acting like it is.
"You entered this debate claiming white people could never know what it’s like to work in this country."

Just because youre losing the debate doesnt mean you have to lie. I never said anything like what you just claimed. :rolleyes:

I think you missed the part where I was turned down for a promotion to a group specifically because I was Black.
I was referring to this comment:

“You ever work in a predominantly white environment as a Black person you see the obvious racism occurring. It has never failed in my personal experience. When a company is diverse you rarely if ever see it as whites feel uncomfortable being obviously racist in such an environment.”

This whole debate you’ve argued that white people don’t understand racism, dismissed any examples of racism towards whites, and held up your struggles as paramount.

I did miss the part where you were turned down for a promotion. Are you referring to this:

“There was also an attempt to keep me from advancing which I would have never known about had not a white woman told me and reported to HR. The racist was fired and I was able to advance.”

Where you turned down or did you advance? Those are conflicting stories.
You must have left something out?

White people have no idea what its like to work in a racist environment for the reasons i already pointed out like whites own the vast majority of the opportunities/companies in the US. Even individual whites that somehow manage to find employment in non white organizations dont experience racism on the same scale as a Black person does.

I was turned down on 2 different occasions. After the racist was caught they moved me to that group (probably so they wouldnt get sued)

Work place bullying doesn’t mean racism? Do you have the same standards when it comes to black people?
Correct. I've seen white people bully each other so its not always racism.

You just decided that bullying can’t be racist. I’m glad you settled that for society. I guess white people bullying black people can never be racist.

You don’t believe that. You’re taking this stance because this convo is easier for you if you can convince yourself I’ve never experienced racism.

This conversation about workplace bullying was centered around my experience which was pretty openly and admittedly racist. But now you’re just working backwards from “f white people”
I've seen Black people bully each other as well which is why I said its not necessarily racism. Only an idiot would think that two whites bullying each other or two Blacks bullying each other is racist. Now if its two different races then you can assume racism may play a part but again we dont know for sure. Your experience with even "maybe racism" doesnt and has never spanned your entire life so stop whining and claiming you know what Black people feel.

Most people have something that makes them different and causes scorn. None of us know exactly what the other persons struggle feels like. Doesn’t mean we can’t relate on some level, or get the occasional glimpse into each other’s world.

You entered this debate claiming white people could never know what it’s like to work in this country. Your example of office pain is practically nothing at all.

Believe it or not white people have been the victim of people trying to take credit for their ideas. They’ve also dealt with idiots trying to play the game and get them fired. That example is not black exclusive. Yet you’re acting like it is.

You are here trying to dismiss blacks experiences with racism.

He tried to dismiss my experience with racism (office bullying) and argue it might not be racist because whites may do it to other whites.

I pointed out that his experience could be dismissed by the same standards since white people steal credit and try to smash others to get ahead with each other.

Just holding everyone to the same standards.

Last edited:

"You entered this debate claiming white people could never know what it’s like to work in this country."

Just because youre losing the debate doesnt mean you have to lie. I never said anything like what you just claimed. :rolleyes:

I think you missed the part where I was turned down for a promotion to a group specifically because I was Black.

“You ever work in a predominantly white environment as a Black person you see the obvious racism occurring. It has never failed in my personal experience. When a company is diverse you rarely if ever see it as whites feel uncomfortable being obviously racist in such an environment.”

This whole debate you’ve argued that white people don’t understand racism, dismissed any examples of racism towards whites, and held up your struggles as paramount.

I did miss the part where you were turned down for a promotion. Are you referring to this:

“There was also an attempt to keep me from advancing which I would have never known about had not a white woman told me and reported to HR. The racist was fired and I was able to advance.”

White people have no idea what its like to work in a racist environment for the reasons i already pointed out like whites own the vast majority of the opportunities/companies in the US. Even individual whites that somehow manage to find employment in non white organizations dont experience racism on the same scale as a Black person does.

I was turned down on 2 different occasions. After the racist was caught they moved me to that group (probably so they wouldnt get sued)

1. I left nothing out.

2. I gave you personal experience. Being in a non white enviornment and being treated about as poorly as possible. You’re not processing this.

3. White peoples get turned down for promotions too. Sometimes they’re turned down more than twice before they get it.

4. If the person trying to bring you down was not caught being racist he might still have power over the bosses. They wouldn’t fear a lawsuit and you might be stuck in the same place.

It’s not pleasant or ideal but racism actually helped you. If you were white and a superior had a pissing contest with you, that wouldn’t have been an out.

Doesn’t mean you didn’t earn your promotion or that the means weren’t what they should have been.

We have the ability to sue people (rightfully) when they do this and no one of any relevance objects to it.

What a racist system we have. Really kept you down.

1. I left nothing out.

2. I gave you personal experience. Being in a non white enviornment and being treated about as poorly as possible. You’re not processing this.

3. White peoples get turned down for promotions too. Sometimes they’re turned down more than twice before they get it.

4. If the person trying to bring you down was not caught being racist he might still have power over the bosses. They wouldn’t fear a lawsuit and you might be stuck in the same place.

It’s not pleasant or ideal but racism actually helped you. If you were white and a superior had a pissing contest with you, that wouldn’t have been an out.

Doesn’t mean you didn’t earn your promotion or that the means weren’t what they should have been.

We have the ability to sue people (rightfully) when they do this and no one of any relevance objects to it.

You must have left something out because I never said this...

You gave me your one personal experience which may or may not have been racism. Even if it was you could have easily went to a white owned company since they are way more numerous.

You missed the part where I got turned down twice specifically because I was Black.

No. I had the recording of his telephone conversation explaining in detail why he wouldnt hire a Black person. They really had no choice but to fire him.

Racism didnt help me. I just overcame it because I'm strong like that. If I was weak I would have given up the first time. This is what Blacks have to do to get ahead.

Racists cant keep me down. They can only provide obstacles and create hostile environments. None of which you have to deal with as a white person.

1. I left nothing out.

You gave me your one personal experience which may or may not have been racism. Even if it was you could have easily went to a white owned company since they are way more numerous.

You missed the part where I got turned down twice specifically because I was Black.

No. I had the recording of his telephone conversation explaining in detail why he wouldnt hire a Black person. They really had no choice but to fire him.

Racism didnt help me. I just overcame it because I'm strong like that. If I was weak I would have given up the first time. This is what Blacks have to do to get ahead.

Racists cant keep me down. They can only provide obstacles and create hostile environments. None of which you have to deal with as a white person.

I see our disconnect. Your claim is that white people don’t know what it’s like to work in this country from a disenfranchised perspective. My phrasing is unclear. My apologies.

I disagree with myself when I say “racism helped you.” That sentence doesn’t express what I’m trying to say.

A better way of saying it is this: we have a legal system that assists you when things like this happen. What that guy did was against the law.

Today we have individuals who break the law, and we’re doing a pretty good job at catching them.

Dealing with individuals breaking the law is not the same as Jim Crowe laws.

Guess what, they’re different scenarios but white people have obstacles that involve people breaking the law to bring them down too.

Legal playing fields are even today. Stop thinking they aren’t every time an individual attempts to play unfairly.

1. I left nothing out.

I see our disconnect. Your claim is that white people don’t know what it’s like to work in this country from a disenfranchised perspective. My phrasing is unclear. My apologies.

I disagree with myself when I say “racism helped you.” That sentence doesn’t express what I’m trying to say.

A better way of saying it is this: we have a legal system that assists you when things like this happen. What that guy did was against the law.

Today we have individuals who break the law, and we’re doing a pretty good job at catching them.

Guess what, they’re different scenarios but white people have obstacles that involve people breaking the law to bring them down too.

Legal playing fields are even today. Stop thinking they aren’t every time an individual attempts to play unfairly.
The legal system doesnt actually help Blacks unless we can get the guilty party to admit they were being racist or they get caught on a recording like the fool I encountered. The rules are such that its nearly impossible to prove someone is being racist unless they admit to it.

1. I left nothing out.

The legal system doesnt actually help Blacks unless we can get the guilty party to admit they were being racist or they get caught on a recording like the fool I encountered. The rules are such that its nearly impossible to prove someone is being racist unless they admit to it.

You can’t prove what’s in someone’s heart. Especially not in a legal sense. No one would want a judge to determine someone’s emotions and intentions for them.

You need PROOF to convict someone.

1. I left nothing out.

You can’t prove what’s in someone’s heart. Especially not in a legal sense. No one would want a judge to determine someone’s emotions and intentions for them.

How do they determine hate crimes then?

1. I left nothing out.

The victim is the one who declares something a hate crime. From there I believe you need some kind of evidence.

My personal standard would be this:
If there’s video of the guy yelling racial slurs as he beats you, it’s a hate crime. If he has nazi apparel it’s pretty clear too. Anything less would be projection.

1. I left nothing out.

You said so yourself, people bully within their own race, they beat people within their own race etc.

So a crime in itself isn’t always race related. You need proof it was to say so. Like any other accusation.

Last edited:

You said so yourself, people bully within their own race, they beat people within their own race etc.

So a crime in itself isn’t always race related. You need proof it was to say so. Like any other accusation.

Whites like you astound me in how you seek excuses for your behavior.

And you whites wonder why Blacks think youre racist or woefully ignorant. Kinda convenient that you cant tell someone to pause doing something so you can whip out your smart phone and start recording them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
“Folks, brown people are coming and they want equal rights” has been pretty successful identity politics from the right lately.

Brown people were given equal rights and white privilege. Yet it’s still not enough for them, and they want to eradicate whites.
“Were given?” LOL look at you, sanctimonious cracka. As if it didn’t takes centuries of fighting and dying by brown people. As if you’re not actively trying to prevent them from entering the country whether by legal or illegal means. As if you’re not actively trying to suppress opposing religious beliefs they may hold. When you hear “black lives matter,” you recoil in anger that somebody would dare claim that. Identity politics works great for you when you want it to.

There is nothing wrong with a nation protecting its borders and regulating its population. Every country does it, including the "liberal" ones, who have stricter immigration laws than the U.S.

Brown people were given equal rights and white privilege. Yet it’s still not enough for them, and they want to eradicate whites.
“Were given?” LOL look at you, sanctimonious cracka. As if it didn’t takes centuries of fighting and dying by brown people. As if you’re not actively trying to prevent them from entering the country whether by legal or illegal means. As if you’re not actively trying to suppress opposing religious beliefs they may hold. When you hear “black lives matter,” you recoil in anger that somebody would dare claim that. Identity politics works great for you when you want it to.

What brown people fought and died? The civil war was fought by white people. Blacks didn’t every win their freedom or rights by fighting, they were given those rights by whites. And yet you call us “sanctimonious crackas”.

Why wouldn’t we want to prevent third world foreigners from entering our country? Our culture was built by our European ancestors, and should be for us. I realize African culture isn’t preferable so that’s why Africans flee to Western civilization. So here you are, a negro speaking a white man’s language, educated and living in a Western society, and yet all you can do is complain you haven’t inherited enough from whites.

By the end of the Civil War, roughly 179,000 black men (10% of the Union Army) served as soldiers in the U.S. Army and another 19,000 served in the Navy. Nearly 40,000 black soldiers died over the course of the war—30,000 of infection or disease. Black soldiers served in artillery and infantry and performed all noncombat support functions that sustain an army, as well. Black carpenters, chaplains, cooks, guards, laborers, nurses, scouts, spies, steamboat pilots, surgeons, and teamsters also contributed to the war cause. There were nearly 80 black commissioned officers. Black women, who could not formally join the Army, nonetheless served as nurses, spies, and scouts, the most famous being Harriet Tubman (photo citation: 200-HN-PIO-1), who scouted for the 2d South Carolina Volunteers.

Black Soldiers in the U.S. Military During the Civil War
They managed to get blacks to work in those days? Pretty impressive!

What an utterly stupid statement. Blacks in "those days" and even after, worked a lot harder than most white people. And for far less.
You mean the white people who created the industrial revolution?

Those white people?

What brown people fought and died? The civil war was fought by white people. Blacks didn’t every win their freedom or rights by fighting, they were given those rights by whites. And yet you call us “sanctimonious crackas”.

Why wouldn’t we want to prevent third world foreigners from entering our country? Our culture was built by our European ancestors, and should be for us. I realize African culture isn’t preferable so that’s why Africans flee to Western civilization. So here you are, a negro speaking a white man’s language, educated and living in a Western society, and yet all you can do is complain you haven’t inherited enough from whites.
Youre another ignorant moron that knows nothing. If not for Blacks joining the Civil War the north would have lost. :rolleyes:

When the tide turned in the Civil War

"Lincoln was convinced, and Black soldiers entered the fight in 1863. Some 50,000 Black men had enlisted by August, and 180,000 would join by the war's end. From this point on, the war would pit the all-white armies of the South against a Union force with both white and Black regiments."

Did those blacks have to “fight” to be free? No. The white men in the north gave them freedom from slavery.
How did the white men in the north give them freedom when they were getting their asses kicked in the south? Just because they said they were free didnt mean they had the power to make them free. That came from the effort of the Black men.
180,000 is a drop in the bucket moron.

The black soldiers did little to nothing to move along the war effort for the north because of the sheer size and scale of the war itself.

It's a shame this thread has devolved into a debate on racism. Identity politics is much broader and a much bigger problem.

Youre another ignorant moron that knows nothing. If not for Blacks joining the Civil War the north would have lost. :rolleyes:

When the tide turned in the Civil War

"Lincoln was convinced, and Black soldiers entered the fight in 1863. Some 50,000 Black men had enlisted by August, and 180,000 would join by the war's end. From this point on, the war would pit the all-white armies of the South against a Union force with both white and Black regiments."

Did those blacks have to “fight” to be free? No. The white men in the north gave them freedom from slavery.
How did the white men in the north give them freedom when they were getting their asses kicked in the south? Just because they said they were free didnt mean they had the power to make them free. That came from the effort of the Black men.
180,000 is a drop in the bucket moron.

The black soldiers did little to nothing to move along the war effort for the north because of the sheer size and scale of the war itself.
180K Black men are worth more than 1M white men and were the souths greatest fear and the reason they lost. Once Black people got involved that was it for the white inbred southern losers who depended on Blacks for everything. Those white boy losers were left exposed and unable to function.

#TheLargerIssue #SingleParenting #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Identity politics is the insignificant baby sibling of racism.

Hello, A. Am I crazy for sincerely believing 'identity politics' is a deleterious social construct embraced by apparent emotionally troubled American citizens wishing to STRIP their free-thinking American neighbors of our inalienable right to peacefully pursue OUR OWN individual, unique vision for L, L, (Love) & Happiness?

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our Nation's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS*; End Community Violence, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Forum List

Back