Identity politics...

Jjh1231

Rookie
Feb 6, 2019
Random assorted thoughts:

This stuff reminds me a lot of the anti Semitic mindset. It always works backwards from the idea that a certain group of people have all the power due to conspiratorial reasons, all people in this group are treated as one in the same and the goal should be to take as much power away from them as possible. Anyone who disagrees is dismissed because they’re a member of that group.

On top of that white peoples who agree with them are called “allies” (“one of the good ones”) and people who are against them are “enemies”

My dad had a knife held to his throat because he tried to be friends with a black kid and his brother didn’t like it. A lot of people over 40 have stories like this. Yet, they’re told by twenty year olds from the suburbs that white people have never faced racism and it’s racist to disagree.

This talk has all the elements of racism and none of these people realize it.

The people pedaling this stuff don’t seem to realize that a majority of the people are white and no matter how fair the system is whites will most likely be a polarity in all categories as a simple matter of logistics. It truly seems like every millennial would still look at a world where all success was divided evenly based on race percentages and still flip out at white people having 60%.

All this is coming from a life long leftist who still sees racial injustice all the time and can’t for the life of me understand where social justice went from trying to make minority’s feel like individuals to giving up and trying to make everyone feel like a member of a group who’s every action is judged based solely on race/class/gender.

“Folks, brown people are coming and they want equal rights” has been pretty successful identity politics from the right lately.

This stuff reminds me a lot of the anti Semitic mindset. It always works backwards from the idea that a certain group of people have all the power due to conspiratorial reasons, all people in this group are treated as one in the same and the goal should be to take as much power away from them as possible. Anyone who disagrees is dismissed because they’re a member of that group.

On top of that white peoples who agree with them are called “allies” (“one of the good ones”) and people who are against them are “enemies”

My dad had a knife held to his throat because he tried to be friends with a black kid and his brother didn’t like it. A lot of people over 40 have stories like this. Yet, they’re told by twenty year olds from the suburbs that white people have never faced racism and it’s racist to disagree.

The people pedaling this stuff don’t seem to realize that a majority of the people are white and no matter how fair the system is whites will most likely be a polarity in all categories as a simple matter of logistics. It truly seems like every millennial would still look at a world where all success was divided evenly based on race percentages and still flip out at white people having 60%.

All this is coming from a life long leftist who still sees racial injustice all the time and can’t for the life of me understand where social justice went from trying to make minority’s feel like individuals to giving up and trying to make everyone feel like a member of a group who’s every action is judged based solely on race/class/gender.

It’s the Marxist playbook. Read up on Soviet gulags.

“Folks, brown people are coming and they want equal rights” has been pretty successful identity politics from the right lately.

Brown people were given equal rights and white privilege. Yet it’s still not enough for them, and they want to eradicate whites.

Quick question..................was the person holding a knife to your father's throat black or white? The reason I ask, is because of what I experienced from my own family. My Grandparents for the most part raised me, and while I heard quite a few racist terms used in their house, I never really paid much attention to it, because at the time in Montana, black people were a rarity. Didn't go to school with a black person until my senior year in high school, and while Jimmy looked different in skin color, he wore cowboy boots and hat, jeans, and western shirts like the rest of us, was on the football team and all the kids in school thought he was pretty cool.

Well, when it was found out I was friends with him, I was told to not associate with him anymore because "he's not like us". And, when I went away to boot camp, my Grandparents told me that I was going to meet some of the best friends I will ever have, and to bring any of them home with me when I took leave, just make sure they were white. That statement shocked the hell out of me, as well as disappointed me.

My cousin TJ, who also thinks quite a bit like I do, and doesn't judge a person by what they look like, but rather how they treat her. One time she brought home a black person that she was dating. My Grandfather chased her and him off his property with a rifle, and he was serious about shooting the dude.

Me? I had friends who were black, and on occasion, would go back to their home on a weekend. One dude I hung out with took me home, and it was a place where I was the only white boy in a 5 mile radius. We went to a bar that evening, and again, I'm the only white face in the place. A big dude comes up to me, asks if I know where I'm at. I reply, sure, I'm at a bar, drinking beer, shooting pool and hoping to meet a pretty woman. He slapped me on the back, told me I was all right for a white boy, and bought me a beer.

So. When your father made friends with a black person, who was it that held the knife to his throat, a black person or a white person?

Brown people were given equal rights and white privilege. Yet it’s still not enough for them, and they want to eradicate whites.
“Were given?” LOL look at you, sanctimonious cracka. As if it didn’t takes centuries of fighting and dying by brown people. As if you’re not actively trying to prevent them from entering the country whether by legal or illegal means. As if you’re not actively trying to suppress opposing religious beliefs they may hold. When you hear “black lives matter,” you recoil in anger that somebody would dare claim that. Identity politics works great for you when you want it to.

Quick question..................was the person holding a knife to your father's throat black or white? The reason I ask, is because of what I experienced from my own family. My Grandparents for the most part raised me, and while I heard quite a few racist terms used in their house, I never really paid much attention to it, because at the time in Montana, black people were a rarity. Didn't go to school with a black person until my senior year in high school, and while Jimmy looked different in skin color, he wore cowboy boots and hat, jeans, and western shirts like the rest of us, was on the football team and all the kids in school thought he was pretty cool.

Well, when it was found out I was friends with him, I was told to not associate with him anymore because "he's not like us". And, when I went away to boot camp, my Grandparents told me that I was going to meet some of the best friends I will ever have, and to bring any of them home with me when I took leave, just make sure they were white. That statement shocked the hell out of me, as well as disappointed me.

My cousin TJ, who also thinks quite a bit like I do, and doesn't judge a person by what they look like, but rather how they treat her. One time she brought home a black person that she was dating. My Grandfather chased her and him off his property with a rifle, and he was serious about shooting the dude.

Me? I had friends who were black, and on occasion, would go back to their home on a weekend. One dude I hung out with took me home, and it was a place where I was the only white boy in a 5 mile radius. We went to a bar that evening, and again, I'm the only white face in the place. A big dude comes up to me, asks if I know where I'm at. I reply, sure, I'm at a bar, drinking beer, shooting pool and hoping to meet a pretty woman. He slapped me on the back, told me I was all right for a white boy, and bought me a beer.

So. When your father made friends with a black person, who was it that held the knife to his throat, a black person or a white person?

Black. As said in the original post, the brother of the black kid.

Life-long leftists see racial injustice all the time because, well, when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail to you. Obama was touted as the first president of the "post-racial era", so I'm going with what he claimed.

I see no racial injustice all the time, except for that which the left seems intent on conjuring up. That's because I'm not overly-sensitive to the point of being triggered every time I hear the cry "Racist! Racist! Racist!."

“Were given?” LOL look at you, sanctimonious cracka. As if it didn’t takes centuries of fighting and dying by brown people. As if you’re not actively trying to prevent them from entering the country whether by legal or illegal means. As if you’re not actively trying to suppress opposing religious beliefs they may hold. When you hear “black lives matter,” you recoil in anger that somebody would dare claim that. Identity politics works great for you when you want it to.

What brown people fought and died? The civil war was fought by white people. Blacks didn’t every win their freedom or rights by fighting, they were given those rights by whites. And yet you call us “sanctimonious crackas”.

Why wouldn’t we want to prevent third world foreigners from entering our country? Our culture was built by our European ancestors, and should be for us. I realize African culture isn’t preferable so that’s why Africans flee to Western civilization. So here you are, a negro speaking a white man’s language, educated and living in a Western society, and yet all you can do is complain you haven’t inherited enough from whites.

Black. As said in the original post, the brother of the black kid.

Actually your pronoun "his" was ambiguous. It could have meant the brother of the black kid, or the brother of your father.

What brown people fought and died? The civil war was fought by white people. Blacks didn’t every win their freedom or rights by fighting, they were given those rights by whites. And yet you call us “sanctimonious crackas”.

Why wouldn’t we want to prevent third world foreigners from entering our country? Our culture was built by our European ancestors, and should be for us. I realize African culture isn’t preferable so that’s why Africans flee to Western civilization. So here you are, a negro speaking a white man’s language, educated and living in a Western society, and yet all you can do is complain you haven’t inherited enough from whites.
Lol thank you for proving my point. I look forward to your being replaced :thup:

Regardless, blacks have had equal rights for decades. They are a protected class now.
Your argument has been DOA for a while now.
I do agree that the GOP are the same way though.

Sounds like your parents had experience with black people like “BlackFlag” here. Just listen to what he thinks of whites.

Really? Black people never fought and died? You may wish to recheck your history there dude.

Black Soldiers in the U.S. Military During the Civil War

The issues of emancipation and military service were intertwined from the onset of the Civil War. News from Fort Sumter set off a rush by free black men to enlist in U.S. military units. They were turned away, however, because a Federal law dating from 1792 barred Negroes from bearing arms for the U.S. army (although they had served in the American Revolution and in the War of 1812). In Boston disappointed would-be volunteers met and passed a resolution requesting that the Government modify its laws to permit their enlistment.

The Lincoln administration wrestled with the idea of authorizing the recruitment of black troops, concerned that such a move would prompt the border states to secede. When Gen. John C. Frémont (photo citation: 111-B-3756) in Missouri and Gen. David Hunter (photo citation: 111-B-3580) in South Carolina issued proclamations that emancipated slaves in their military regions and permitted them to enlist, their superiors sternly revoked their orders. By mid-1862, however, the escalating number of former slaves (contrabands), the declining number of white volunteers, and the increasingly pressing personnel needs of the Union Army pushed the Government into reconsidering the ban.

As a result, on July 17, 1862, Congress passed the Second Confiscation and Militia Act, freeing slaves who had masters in the Confederate Army. Two days later, slavery was abolished in the territories of the United States, and on July 22 President Lincoln (photo citation: 111-B-2323) presented the preliminary draft of the Emancipation Proclamation to his Cabinet. After the Union Army turned back Lee's first invasion of the North at Antietam, MD, and the Emancipation Proclamation was subsequently announced, black recruitment was pursued in earnest. Volunteers from South Carolina, Tennessee, and Massachusetts filled the first authorized black regiments. Recruitment was slow until black leaders such as Frederick Douglass (photo citation: 200-FL-22) encouraged black men to become soldiers to ensure eventual full citizenship. (Two of Douglass's own sons contributed to the war effort.) Volunteers began to respond, and in May 1863 the Government established the Bureau of Colored Troops to manage the burgeoning numbers of black soldiers.

By the end of the Civil War, roughly 179,000 black men (10% of the Union Army) served as soldiers in the U.S. Army and another 19,000 served in the Navy. Nearly 40,000 black soldiers died over the course of the war—30,000 of infection or disease. Black soldiers served in artillery and infantry and performed all noncombat support functions that sustain an army, as well. Black carpenters, chaplains, cooks, guards, laborers, nurses, scouts, spies, steamboat pilots, surgeons, and teamsters also contributed to the war cause. There were nearly 80 black commissioned officers. Black women, who could not formally join the Army, nonetheless served as nurses, spies, and scouts, the most famous being Harriet Tubman (photo citation: 200-HN-PIO-1), who scouted for the 2d South Carolina Volunteers.

I’m not a fan of everything ICE has done, black lives do matter to me and there are some seriously racist cops out there.

Here’s what I don’t get. There where a handful of black congressmen about five years after slavery ended. There were female black millionaires before the civil rights act.

How do you not see how pathetic it is to sit behind the computer and talk as though there’s no hope for a black man in today’s world?

How do white kids look at a racist meme and feel like superhero’s saving black people from an impossibly miserable world that just gave us a black president? It’s pure stupidity.

You obviously dont know much about our history. He isnt african btw
Maybe you meant asshole

Really? Black people never fought and died? You may wish to recheck your history there dude.

Black Soldiers in the U.S. Military During the Civil War

The issues of emancipation and military service were intertwined from the onset of the Civil War. News from Fort Sumter set off a rush by free black men to enlist in U.S. military units. They were turned away, however, because a Federal law dating from 1792 barred Negroes from bearing arms for the U.S. army (although they had served in the American Revolution and in the War of 1812). In Boston disappointed would-be volunteers met and passed a resolution requesting that the Government modify its laws to permit their enlistment.

The Lincoln administration wrestled with the idea of authorizing the recruitment of black troops, concerned that such a move would prompt the border states to secede. When Gen. John C. Frémont (photo citation: 111-B-3756) in Missouri and Gen. David Hunter (photo citation: 111-B-3580) in South Carolina issued proclamations that emancipated slaves in their military regions and permitted them to enlist, their superiors sternly revoked their orders. By mid-1862, however, the escalating number of former slaves (contrabands), the declining number of white volunteers, and the increasingly pressing personnel needs of the Union Army pushed the Government into reconsidering the ban.

As a result, on July 17, 1862, Congress passed the Second Confiscation and Militia Act, freeing slaves who had masters in the Confederate Army. Two days later, slavery was abolished in the territories of the United States, and on July 22 President Lincoln (photo citation: 111-B-2323) presented the preliminary draft of the Emancipation Proclamation to his Cabinet. After the Union Army turned back Lee's first invasion of the North at Antietam, MD, and the Emancipation Proclamation was subsequently announced, black recruitment was pursued in earnest. Volunteers from South Carolina, Tennessee, and Massachusetts filled the first authorized black regiments. Recruitment was slow until black leaders such as Frederick Douglass (photo citation: 200-FL-22) encouraged black men to become soldiers to ensure eventual full citizenship. (Two of Douglass's own sons contributed to the war effort.) Volunteers began to respond, and in May 1863 the Government established the Bureau of Colored Troops to manage the burgeoning numbers of black soldiers.

By the end of the Civil War, roughly 179,000 black men (10% of the Union Army) served as soldiers in the U.S. Army and another 19,000 served in the Navy. Nearly 40,000 black soldiers died over the course of the war—30,000 of infection or disease. Black soldiers served in artillery and infantry and performed all noncombat support functions that sustain an army, as well. Black carpenters, chaplains, cooks, guards, laborers, nurses, scouts, spies, steamboat pilots, surgeons, and teamsters also contributed to the war cause. There were nearly 80 black commissioned officers. Black women, who could not formally join the Army, nonetheless served as nurses, spies, and scouts, the most famous being Harriet Tubman (photo citation: 200-HN-PIO-1), who scouted for the 2d South Carolina Volunteers.

The token black guys didn’t change the outcome of the war. It was won by the whites of the north. Blacks have this fantasy that all their people rose up and overthrew whitey. Didn’t happen. The most they did was join up and follow whitey’s orders.

Forum List

Back