I'd love to have cons give me their definition of conservative

Conservatives desire to stand in the way of progress, or if possible, roll it back.
Today's 'Conservatives' are Conservative when it's convenient. I hate to say it, but most current Republicans calling themselves 'Conservatives', are really just greedy white people who hate gays, minorities, and poor folk. More & more they're being perceived as the 'Party of greedy hateful white people.'

They're also very much into big government and worshipping Big Brother. And they're into Permanent War too. So i'm not sure why they call themselves 'Conservatives.' You've presented a great question. I'll enjoy seeing their responses. Thanks.
If a Republican isn't a conservative then it makes no sense to use them to smear conservatives. Duh. Who hates minorities? You're full of shit. Thanks.

That's the perception these days. Just hating gays, minorities, and poor folks, does not a Conservative make.

But it's a helluva start.

Conservatism discards Prescription, shrinks from Principle, disavows Progress; having rejected all respect for antiquity, it offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future.
- Benjamin Disraeli
In other words, you couldn't form your own thoughts. You must be a liberal.
I certainly can define CON$ervatism, but you would probably reject it out of hand.

CON$ervatism is a HATE religion, nothing else.
Are you happy now?

"Conservatives thrive on a world filled with mysterious evil and unfathomable hatreds, where good is always on the defensive and time is a precious commodity in the cosmic race against corruption and decline."
- Corey Robin 'The Reactionary Mind'

The stupid runs deep in this one.

Left-wingers are some stupid mofo's.
At least, they are giving answers. So far not a single conservative, including you, has even attempted to answer the question. So. is that because conservatives don't know the answer or because they are embarrassed by the answer?

Answer what? It doesn't matter... you left-wingers run with your Huffiness Post narratives; it doesn't matter what anyone says.... your small minds are closed. Wy should I waste time? I'd rather just ridicule you morons.
That is a really lame excuse for not knowing or being too embarrassed to answer a simple question about what the meaning of your ideology is. The normal response should be to proudly explain it, not hide from it.

I don't hide from it pal.... all I am saying is that most liberals are very close minded people.. it doesn't matter what you say, they have their preconceived notions and they will never be swayed. Why waste time on them?

What have you been swayed on lately, Mr. Swayzee Conservative?

Give us a list.

Conservatism discards Prescription, shrinks from Principle, disavows Progress; having rejected all respect for antiquity, it offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future.
- Benjamin Disraeli
I certainly can define CON$ervatism, but you would probably reject it out of hand.

Are you happy now?

"Conservatives thrive on a world filled with mysterious evil and unfathomable hatreds, where good is always on the defensive and time is a precious commodity in the cosmic race against corruption and decline."
Wow Special Ed, you got even dumber. Didn't know you had it in you.

It's always a hoot when liberals try to define conservatism. The lies and utter fantasies are impressive in their sheer scope.
comparison-chart.gif

That chart is hilarious.

Left-wingers are some stupid mofo's.
At least, they are giving answers. So far not a single conservative, including you, has even attempted to answer the question. So. is that because conservatives don't know the answer or because they are embarrassed by the answer?

Answer what? It doesn't matter... you left-wingers run with your Huffiness Post narratives; it doesn't matter what anyone says.... your small minds are closed. Wy should I waste time? I'd rather just ridicule you morons.
That is a really lame excuse for not knowing or being too embarrassed to answer a simple question about what the meaning of your ideology is. The normal response should be to proudly explain it, not hide from it.

I don't hide from it pal.... all I am saying is that most liberals are very close minded people.. it doesn't matter what you say, they have their preconceived notions and they will never be swayed. Why waste time on them?

Give us a list.

Zucchini... it isn't as bad as I thought it was.

It's always a hoot when liberals try to define conservatism. The lies and utter fantasies are impressive in their sheer scope.
comparison-chart.gif
Liberals "seek to unite"? Lol. Good one. Liberals realize they cannot win if people get along. Its why they constantly pit black against white, rich against poor, men against women, etc.
They don't have to pit those, they already are, by nature. Getting beyond that is the hard thing, that you couldn't care less about.

Wong yet again. Nature doesn't hold a candle to a leftist that needs a vote.

Mark

[
- Benjamin Disraeli

Are you happy now?

"All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

What is it to be conservative? What is it that cons conserve?
Minimizing, to the greatest extent possible, govts' affecting our decisions as to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and looking out for our own best interests.

Mainstream conservatives don't want less government, they just want less of liberals' government.
That's true to an extent, esp in areas of social issues. But hangover's OP question (while being bait) I thought was broader than that. No politician is ever totally true to the ideals of a political philosophy.

Give us a list.

Zucchini... it isn't as bad as I thought it was.

So when you thought were ridiculing liberals for being closed minded, you were really just ridiculing yourself.

Your fuck ups are classic.

Minimizing, to the greatest extent possible, govts' affecting our decisions as to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and looking out for our own best interests.
How about the interests of everyone you share the planet with?
I didn't say govt wasn't a necessary evil. The founders didn't believe that, and they were more or less libertarians.

[
- Benjamin Disraeli

Are you happy now?

"All conservatives are such from personal defects. They have been effeminated by position or nature, born halt and blind, through luxury of their parents, and can only, like invalids, act on the defensive."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

So? Who cares what he thinks? He's been dead for 130+ years.

Who you gonna quote next, Yoda?

Mainstream conservatives don't want less government, they just want less of liberals' government.
That's true to an extent, esp in areas of social issues. But hangover's OP question (while being bait) I thought was broader than that. No politician is ever totally true to the ideals of a political philosophy.

Modern conservatives are so confused that they are flocking to the RINO Trump whose positions, such as they are, in such areas as protectionism used to be hated by mainstream conservatives.

How about the interests of everyone you share the planet with?

That's their concern... I think if more people looked after their own interests in a responsible way, we'd all be better off. All this moral busibodiness gets old.

Forum List

Back