The Coming Gold Standard?

Irrelevant....
Let's see, it's irrelevant now even though it was worth mentioning earlier. Whatever.
...Debt service payments are taking up a higher percentage of the federal budget every year...
How about we say that this has been true for the past 3 years. Before that it was going down. The record was during the Bill Clinton era when it went up over 15%, which means debt service % budget is lower now than it was 3 decades ago.

How about we say that this has been true for the past 3 years.
How about we say that this has been true for the past 10 years, during which the national debt has doubled? And 30 years ago, the national debt was 60% of GDP. Now it is 120% of GDP.

Last edited:
How about we say that this has been true for the past 10 years, during which the national debt has doubled? And 30 years ago, the national debt was 60% of GDP. Now it is 120% of GDP.
OK, anyone can believe whatever they want and you can change the subject from percent budget to percent gdp. Enjoy.

Meanwhile what I'm familiar with is going w/ the hard numbers, and I was working with....
...Debt service payments are taking up a higher percentage of the federal budget every year...
--and that was true from 2022 to 2023 and is probably true now. However, the percent fell from 2021 to 2022 and I was saying that 2022, 2023, to 2024 was the 3 years where perhaps we could agree. The numbers are here--
intpctrcpts.png

--if you care about hard numbers. If not, cheers!

Forum List

Back