ICE wants to deport Americans...

There doesn't seem to be any reason for profiling of someone who simply has a spanish surname... regardless of "unpaid fines". Should I be detained because I owe money for a parking ticket?

Now, if you ask me if profiling is a facile tool in some instances, the answer is that, of course it is. But then we have to ask ourselves if it is the way we want to conduct ourselves as a society. And who's next. First it was Arabs they wanted to profile because of our "post-9/11 world". Now it's people with mexican-sounding surnames. Who's next? Someone with Virginia license-plates because many illegal guns come from down there? Or people from the Carolinas because they might be running cigarettes? Or me, because I have a jew surname?

Gotta be careful about that stuff...it's not just our security you military types lay down your lives for... it's our freedoms, too.

Since this incident took place here in Texas, and we probably have the second-highest number of illegals, I don't see a problem with matching a name against a list or asking for proper ID.

It is STILL illegal to be in this country without proper immigration documentation.

It is illegal in this state to not posess a valid ID, last time I checked.

If I was questioned because the police were looking for a white, weightlifter-type with a shaved head and moustache and gotee, I would only be offended if I had something to hide.

I don't understand when it was we got so damned touchy we can't even answer questions when they are for the overall good of our society.

Really? When I get accused of being a racist by PC SP's, it doesn't make ME hate cops. Just makes me think PC SP's are ignorant.

Err what? Cops using racial profiling may make those groups being profiled hate cops...why that would make non-cops actions against you hate cops, I have no idea.

If I was questioned because the police were looking for a white, weightlifter-type with a shaved head and moustache and gotee, I would only be offended if I had something to hide.

You still don't get it...its not about weightlifter-type with a shaved head and a moustache and goatee...its because you were white...and its not "they are looking for someone who is white", its they are suspicious of you because you are white...not because you fit the racial description of a recently escaped con or something.

I don't understand when it was we got so damned touchy we can't even answer questions when they are for the overall good of our society.

Getting pulled over is scary...being arrested is even scarier...having them tell you and your family that you are going to be deported is even more scary...If you want to go through all that "for the good of society" go for it...but I don't think one should be forced too.

Err what? Cops using racial profiling may make those groups being profiled hate cops...why that would make non-cops actions against you hate cops, I have no idea.

You still don't get it...its not about weightlifter-type with a shaved head and a moustache and goatee...its because you were white...and its not "they are looking for someone who is white", its they are suspicious of you because you are white...not because you fit the racial description of a recently escaped con or something.

Getting pulled over is scary...being arrested is even scarier...having them tell you and your family that you are going to be deported is even more scary...If you want to go through all that "for the good of society" go for it...but I don't think one should be forced too.

I get it just fine. Y'all want to disallow calling someone who and what they are because it doesn't suit some twisted argument that people will be offended for being called who and what they are.

Completely illogical.

I get it just fine. Y'all want to disallow calling someone who and what they are because it doesn't suit some twisted argument that people will be offended for being called who and what they are.

Completely illogical.

This has nothing to do with "calling" anyone anything. It has to do with arresting them and placing them in jail and threatening them based on their ethnicity. So no, apparently you don't "get it just fine".

She wasn't pulled over because of being Hispanic, she wasn't arrested initially because she was Hispanic. As they checked her out they discovered she may have been an illegal alien and proceeded from there. The claims otherwise are simply not true.

This has nothing to do with "calling" anyone anything. It has to do with arresting them and placing them in jail and threatening them based on their ethnicity. So no, apparently you don't "get it just fine".

Well yeah, except as usual, you're not addressing my statements at all; rather, what you invent and insert in their place.

I said not a one damned word about arresting and placing someone in jail based on their ethnicity. The woman who is subject of this thread was not arrested and placed in jail based on her ethnicity. She was arrested for unpaid fines.

Seems YOU are the one who doesn't get it.

She wasn't pulled over because of being Hispanic, she wasn't arrested initially because she was Hispanic. As they checked her out they discovered she may have been an illegal alien and proceeded from there. The claims otherwise are simply not true.

Don't bother Larkinn with facts ... he's too busy arguing his contrived shit.

Wow, we now justify holding a person for so long and even threatening to send them out of the country over unpaid traffic fines???? Unpaid traffic fines are hardly akin to terrorism or a violent crime. It seems her real crime was simply being of mexican descent.

It seems we also are wishing torture on people we dont agree with poltically and ideologically?

Yea and then people wonder why america gets compared to nazi germany....its stuff just like this. Maybe next we can all turn our neighbors in for being gay, the wrong race or having the wrong political views and we can turn to a war mongering govt to strip them of freedom and place them in "camps" to torture and kill them as the population cheers it on.

It doesn't matter that this woman has a family that she was kept from. Freedom means nothing to some people. Wait, I forgot freedom as they define it means something but real freedom means nothing since they can vote. Don't worry Germany was a democratic country and look at what they did. :wtf:

When 100% of the 9/11 terrorists were Arab, it was only logical to look at Arabs.

When the overwhelming majority of illegal alliens are Hispanic, you look at hispanics. "Artificial" would be pretending people aren't who and what they are for the sake of political correctness.

When they do surveillance on white supremicists, do they go into a predominantly black or hispanic neighgorhood?

You don't assume a person you pull over who just happens to be white is a white supremicist. In this case the police decided that since she looked Mexican that nothing she said about her identity was correct, and that the birth certificate and social card her sister provided were not real. To have to stay in jail against your will because of the color of your skin is outrageous and that you would even suggest that this is appropriate is what is wrong with this country (i.e., we don't live in a free country but in a dictatorship of the voter who pontificates about their opinion and then votes to violate the rights of others). :eusa_boohoo:

Its yours and snows comments that are so heinous. I think Edward should wear the neg rep PROUDLY, it seems to be the best rep to have on this particular board. Its a good indicication that you are a thinking humane person.

BTW, you seemed to have slowed down on your neg repping me vendetta....you arent cutting and running are ya?

He's busy give me negative rep points. You can't hog all the glory that comes with not being liked by a mini-dictator. :eusa_naughty: I deserve my share of negative reps too. Don't you know that challenging a dictator who hides his individual tyranny behind a vote with a bunch of other dictators will get you neg reps. :shock: You should be proud of not being liked by this piece of shit.

Wrong-o. She was held for being a suspected illegal alien; which, IS still a crime.

The rest of your overly-dramatic appeal to emotion isn't worthy of comment.

There was no reason for them to believe she was an illegal alien or to run her name by ICE. You can call what happened overly dramatic but she was kept in jail against her will, transferred between police stations, and not told why she was being deprived of her freedom. IT IS A CRIME TO BE A SUSPECTED ILLEGAL ALIEN. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO BE AN U.S. CITIZEN WHO IS SUSPECTED OF NOT BEING ONE. GOD BLESS AMERICA, GOD BLESS AMERICA, WHERE AMERICANS CAN BE KEPT IN JAIL FOR THE CRIME OF 'suspicion of being an illegal alien.'

Rationalizing racist behavior, that dosent surprise me from you somehow.

Your example is stupid btw, WHITE supremists only allow WHITES to be a member so you would go after them specifically and certainly shouldnt be keeping an eye on anyone just because they are white or have a shaved head. They must only be watching KNOWN individuals and not harrassing random white men with bald heads or who "look" the part.

This would be the same case if they were watching BLACK panthers.

TERRORISTS come in all colors, nationalitys, ethnicities etc.

You come up with one streamlined security system that all people are subjected to equally and you dont do this because its politically correct, you do it because its most effective and will net you better results that racist policies and behavior will.

I am guessing you will want to lock all arabs and muslims up in camps next!

This is common sense. To think that I would be kept in jail because I am white and therefore suspected of doing something I did not do is scary but evil individuals acting like QUEENS AND KINGS on election day cast their tyrannical votes for other individuals who act like KINGS AND QUEENS and then simply make comments like "she can always sue." Your rights can be violated by those who will then sit in judgment of a lawsuit in their capacity as part of the legal system. It seems okay in the minds of some people that she was deprived of her freedom for even a second simply because she was of hispanic descent and therefore a suspected illegal immigrant. I think RetiredGySgt should have his ass arrested, and jailed for "suspicion of being a white supremicist who has killed someone" since doing so is still a crime. (i.e., it's a crime to be suspected of something). :rolleyes:

You dont go check anyone randomly, thats a police state.

Racial profiling dosent work, it just targets groups to treat them as criminals and they end up harrassed and it reinforces the notion on an official level that they are "criminals" and to be "suspect".

It is most definitely a RACIST thing to do and it dosent work.

Whats wrong with streamlined security, like all bags going through the x-ray...thats an example of streamlined security thats applied to all right there. Are you saying thats just full of holes and we should do away with it and only check the arab passengers bags?

Or maybe you prefer flights that dont allow arabs and they have to have their own airports, their own planes, their own areas to live in...surrounded by some barbed wire and guard towers? Is that what you are hoping for? Bring back internment camps and jim crow laws for arabs?

What? Do you mean that white people must be inconvenienced at airports and have our bags checked when we all know that its the Arabs who hijack planes. To have streamlined security is so wrong when you can just show these Arabs and Mexicans that WE THE PEOPLE are serious and WE THE PEOPLE THROUGH OUR AGENTS will arrest their asses, check their damn bags and apply a different standard to them BECAUSE WE THE PEOPLE CAN VOTE. :wtf: AND WE THE PEOPLE HAVE AN OPINION AS TO WHAT IS THEIR RIGHTS. :eusa_shhh: Don't tell the Mexicans or Arabs that we are KEEPING OUR COLLECTIVE EYE ON THEM FROM THE THRONE OF THE BALLOT BOX. :badgrin:

Idiots who believe this kind of shit piss me off.

I'm pretty sure that the internet created Goetse and Tubgirl specifically for people like Eddie here.

She wasn't targetted randomly. She was hauled in for unpaid fines, then checked. Seems quite reasonable to me.

Profiling, whether it be racial, behavioral, or whatever, is THE most effective way to find someone. What DOESN'T work is removing the most effective form of identification for some BS, "feel-good" telling yourself you aren't a racist.

Identifiying something for what it is and is not is just basic common sense.

She wasn't checked nor did anything she say cause them to doubt their belief that she had to be here illegally because she was of Mexican descent. A simple check of her identity would have confirmed that she was who she said she was instead they went with a name from ICE and decided to hold her against her will while basically saying: SHUT UP WHORE. YOU AREN'T WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE. WE HAVE PROOF THAT YOU ARE A MEXICAN AND THAT YOU HAVE THE NAME OF SOMEONE WHO IS HERE ILLEGALLY. WE WON'T CHECK YOUR FINGERPRINTS AND WE DEFINATELY DON'T BELIEVE YOUR SISTER OR YOUR FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND SOCIAL CARD.

There was every reason to believe she was who she said she was (i.e., she didn't speak a word of Spanish). Nor is it common sense TO DETAIN SOMEONE BECAUSE KING GUNNYL OF THE VOTERDOM OF RETARDSVILLE BELIEVES THAT RACIAL PROFILING ISN'T A VIOLATION OF THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS. In your sick mind she must simply accept what happened to her and say: I KISS THE ASS OF THE AMERICAN VOTER WHOSE AGENTS DID THIS TO ME BECAUSE I TOO CAN VOTE AND IF I AM REALLY INJURED BY KING VOTER I CAN ALWAYS GO BEFORE HIS OR HER ROYAL COURT OF LAW. The one question you should ask yourself is: IF ONE MAN OR WOMAN DID THIS IN THE CAPACITY OF A RULER WOULD IT BE CONSIDERED TYRANNICAL. IF SADDAM HUSSEIN DECIDED TO THROW PEOPLE IN JAIL BECAUSE HE SUSPECTS THEM OF DOING SOMETHING AND BEING SOMEONE THEY ARE NOT AND MAKES NO EFFORT TO IDENTIFY THEM WOULD IT BE WRONG? I suspect that you believe that Saddam Hussein would have had the right to do this and most of what he did if he did it in the ballot box like the tryants in this country do. :rofl:

Yes and this "most effective way" makes most people who are in those targeted groups hate the cops and feel disenfranchised from society. The social ills it creates far outweigh any positive benefits.

It's not just the social ill. People who are targeted in this manner may decide to rebel. Let's not forget that when we rebelled we did so against a country that elected its Parliment. Let's not forget that the acts that the American people protested at the Boston Tea Party were passed by a legislative body. Only in the warp minds of some people is it okay for people to violate the rights of others because they can vote too. They see our system as something less than individuals and therefore some see their actions as different from those of the individuals who have ruled countries in the past. If GunnyL had done or believed this shit in 1776 he would have been counted among the British who believed they had the right through their representatives to violate the rights of others. :cuckoo:

did you really just compare crown subjects of colonial America rebelling against unfair taxation with illegal immigrants who have no legal status in America?

really?

:thup:

Since this incident took place here in Texas, and we probably have the second-highest number of illegals, I don't see a problem with matching a name against a list or asking for proper ID.

It is STILL illegal to be in this country without proper immigration documentation.

It is illegal in this state to not posess a valid ID, last time I checked.

She had a valid ID jackass and she also had to bring a birth certificate and social security card to prove that she was who she said she was when a simple set of actions on the part of the police would have proved that she wasn't an illegal alien (i.e., running her fingerprints). There is also a difference between being questioned by police and being kept in jail by them. Simply stated, if the police kept you in jail for 16 hours because they were looking for a white, weightlifter-type with a shaved head and moustache and goatee," then it would be wrong to do so. When you deprive someone of their freedom you had better be right and not mistaken. When ICE was questioning her on the phone they basically called her a liar and threatend to charge her with perjury. Of course she wasn't lying and had ICE and the police taken the necessary steps they would have found out she was who she said she was. But they had two things going for them: FIRST, SHE WAS OF HISPANIC DESCENT. SECOND, SHE HAD THE SAME NAME AS SOMEONE WHO WAS AN ILLEGAL ALIEN. Those are the only things they had. Nothing she did or said would have led them to believe that she was an illegal alien and therefore there was no reason to run her name through ICE and then keep her in jail against her will for as long as they did when they could have simply checked her identity and confirmed that she was who she said she was.

She wasn't checked nor did anything she say cause them to doubt their belief that she had to be here illegally because she was of Mexican descent. A simple check of her identity would have confirmed that she was who she said she was instead they went with a name from ICE and decided to hold her against her will while basically saying: SHUT UP WHORE. YOU AREN'T WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE. WE HAVE PROOF THAT YOU ARE A MEXICAN AND THAT YOU HAVE THE NAME OF SOMEONE WHO IS HERE ILLEGALLY. WE WON'T CHECK YOUR FINGERPRINTS AND WE DEFINATELY DON'T BELIEVE YOUR SISTER OR YOUR FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND SOCIAL CARD.

There was every reason to believe she was who she said she was (i.e., she didn't speak a word of Spanish). Nor is it common sense TO DETAIN SOMEONE BECAUSE KING GUNNYL OF THE VOTERDOM OF RETARDSVILLE BELIEVES THAT RACIAL PROFILING ISN'T A VIOLATION OF THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS. In your sick mind she must simply accept what happened to her and say: I KISS THE ASS OF THE AMERICAN VOTER WHOSE AGENTS DID THIS TO ME BECAUSE I TOO CAN VOTE AND IF I AM REALLY INJURED BY KING VOTER I CAN ALWAYS GO BEFORE HIS OR HER ROYAL COURT OF LAW. The one question you should ask yourself is: IF ONE MAN OR WOMAN DID THIS IN THE CAPACITY OF A RULER WOULD IT BE CONSIDERED TYRANNICAL. IF SADDAM HUSSEIN DECIDED TO THROW PEOPLE IN JAIL BECAUSE HE SUSPECTS THEM OF DOING SOMETHING AND BEING SOMEONE THEY ARE NOT AND MAKES NO EFFORT TO IDENTIFY THEM WOULD IT BE WRONG? I suspect that you believe that Saddam Hussein would have had the right to do this and most of what he did if he did it in the ballot box like the tryants in this country do. :rofl:

Your ignorance is appalling.

Forum List

Back