ICE wants to deport Americans...

Edward

Apr 7, 2005
A Texas woman was arrested for failure to pay traffic fines, was kept in jail 16hours, and threatened with deportation because she had the same name and was the same race as someone who was an illegal immigrant. If her name was Jane Smith she wouldn't have had to worry about being deported. :wtf:

After booking her into jail, Arlington police contacted U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to check her citizenship status, which Gilfour said is routine for all suspects believed to be born in another country.

What led them to believe that she was born in another country? She doesn't even speak Spanish. Of course she is of Hispanic descent so that must be the reason for them to think she was born in Mexico. :wtf: Of course, if she was of English descent they would have no reason to believe that she was born in England. :eusa_doh: Like I said a Mrs. Smith wouldn't have to worry about being threatened with being deported to England. :D No one would have contacted ICE nor would she have been threatened, questioned and generally made to fear for her safety if she was a white woman.

"It demonstrates the dangers when people are perceiving immigrant status based on artificial reasons, and sometimes people do not have the training or expertise (to verify identities)," Perez said. "We're talking about everybody's individual rights."

The words "artificial reasons" is a nice way of saying that she was of Mexican descent. What would have happened has this woman not been able to provide her birth certificate and social security card. She could have been deported to a country she had never been in, and where language she does not know is spoken. This woman's rights were violated. She was kept in jail and her freedom was infringed because she was of Mexican descent. That ICE could hold a U.S. citizen in jail against their will simply because they did not want to believe her when she said she was an American is barbaric.

Rodriguez said she was then questioned over the telephone by an immigration official who warned her she could be charged with perjury for lying about her birthplace and other details. She was later told by a police officer that authorities didn't believe she was who she claimed to be -- but no one said they thought she was an illegal immigrant.

She couldn't be telling the truth about being a U.S. Citizen!!! After all U.S. Citizens are white. :wtf: There was absolutely no reason for the police to believe that she was anything but a U.S. citizen other then she was Hispanic and that is why they checked her status with ICE. Had her name been Alicia Evans (like her sister) and had she been white they would not have checked her status. That is racism and it is wrong. Now if she had difficulty speaking English or was acting suspicious than the police might have had a reason to believe that she was born in a different country. It may be hard for some to accept this but it is what happened. Every person of Hispanic descent should fear being pulled over by the police if this is what is going to happen to them. All white Americans need not worry about the police BELIEVING THEY WERE BORN IN ANOTHER COUNTRY SUCH AS ENGLAND, FRANCE, ETC.

Rodriguez's sister, Deborah Evans, said she delivered a birth certificate and Social Security card Monday morning, first to Arlington and then to the Dalworthington Gardens station after her sister was transferred there. But Evans said officers at both stations told her repeatedly that her sister was going to be deported.

Maybe her sisters last name, Evans, should have sent up a red flag but of course even those Mexican with Americanized last names are liars. She couldn't be telling the truth and what is with those things we call Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards. Ms. Rodriguez said it well when she said, "I don't think it was an honest mistake,...There were many steps they missed and didn't follow up on." Carl Rusnok, of ICE, said, "we had a very good reason to doubt her validity." WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT REASON WAS. SHE WAS OF HISPANIC DESCENT. There as no other reason to doubt her validity and even if they did doubt her validity they should have taken extraordinary measures to determine her identity instead of keeping her in jail as long as they did (i.e., check her fingerprint). What would have happened if a hardened criminal decided to take a home-made knife to her and she died in police custody. OOPS, OUR BAD. :eusa_think:

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295456,00.html

Artificial my ass. Remind me the next time they let a suspected terrorist go cause he claimed he was an American citizen.

I notice she wasn't deported , now was she?

Artificial my ass. Remind me the next time they let a suspected terrorist go cause he claimed he was an American citizen.

I notice she wasn't deported , now was she?

No, she was just kept in jail against her will. NO BIG DEAL. HER FREEDOM MEANS NOTHING. :wtf: She was even forced to walk three miles to the impound to pick up her vehicle. No one is suggesting that we let criminals go because they claim to be Americans. Simply checking her fingerprints would have sufficed and she would have been released within hours instead of 16 hours, and being transferred between police stations. Her sister had to go to two different police stations, and talked to officers at both who told her that her sister was going to be deported even though her sister, Deborah Evans, had her birth certificate and social security card. She was not a terrorist, and you are an asshole and you violate the rights of others and I have had it motherfucker. You are an arrogant tryant who doesn't care about the rights of others except for your own damn rights. You seem to take the extreme: SO LONG AS SHE ISN'T DEPORTED SHE CAN BE KEPT IN JAIL AGAINST HER WILL SINCE HER FREEDOM MEANS NOTHING. :bowdown:

No, she was just kept in jail against her will. NO BIG DEAL. HER FREEDOM MEANS NOTHING. :wtf: She was even forced to walk three miles to the impound to pick up her vehicle. No one is suggesting that we let criminals go because they claim to be Americans. Simply checking her fingerprints would have sufficed and she would have been released within hours instead of 16 hours, and being transferred between police stations. Her sister had to go to two different police stations, and talked to officers at both who told her that her sister was going to be deported even though her sister, Deborah Evans, had her birth certificate and social security card. She was not a terrorist, and if she was my wife I would kick the asses of those who kidnapped her under the guise of the law. You are an asshole and you violate the rights of others and I have had it motherfucker. You are an arrogant tryant who doesn't care about the rights of others except for your own damn rights. You seem to take the extreme: SO LONG AS SHE ISN'T DEPORTED SHE CAN BE KEPT IN JAIL AGAINST HER WILL SINCE HER FREEDOM MEANS NOTHING. :bowdown:

As a matter of fact in most places in the United States one can be held for up to 24 hours even with out specific charges. But as I read your quotes she was in fact being accused of something and being investigated, and she was wanted on seperate charges to boot.

She can always sue if she thinks she has a case.

As a matter of fact in most places in the United States one can be held for up to 24 hours even with out specific charges. But as I read your quotes she was in fact being accused of something and being investigated, and she was wanted on seperate charges to boot.

She can always sue if she thinks she has a case.

She can sue. GOD BLESS AMERICA, SHE CAN SUE. SHE CAN SUE US IN OUR COURTS OF OUR LAWS AND GO BEFORE OUR JUDGES AND HOPEFULLY SHE MIGHT SUCCEED AND HER RIGHTS WON'T BE VIOLATED BY THEM AS THEY WERE BY OUR OFFICER. GOD BLESS AMERICA, SHE CAN SUE. SHE CAN SUE FOR BEING KEPT IN JAIL. THAT IS SO AWESOME. HER FREEDOM WAS TAKEN FROM HER BUT SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO SUE US AND IF OUR JDUGES CONDESCEND TO AGREE WITH THE **** SHE MIGHT SUCCEED. GOD BLESS AMERICA WHERE ASSHOLES LIKE RETIREDGYSGT CAN TELL THOSE HE AND THE IDIOTS WHO AGREE WITH HIM INJURE THAT THEY CAN ALWAYS SUE.

THIS IS THE FREEST LAND OF ALL. WE CAN SUE. WE CAN SUE IF WE HAVE BEEN ON DEATH ROW FOR 15 YEARS AND FEARED FOR OUR LIFE AND WERE INNOCENT. WE CAN SUE. WE CAN SUE FOR THE LOSS OF OUR FREEDOM AFTER SO LONG. GOD BLESS US ALL. FOR THOSE WHO DIE WHILE IN PRISON, THEIR FAMILIES CAN SUE. GOD BLESS US ALL. OUR LAWS AND OUR SYSTEM IS SO GREAT. IT ALLOWS ASSHOLES LIKE RETIREDGYSGT TO VIOLATE OUR RIGHTS AND ALLOWS US TO SUE. :evil:

What would be awesome is if ICE tried to deport Edward. I'd organize a pro-ICE rally in front of the detention facility and we'd laugh at Edward the loser being waterboarded and humiliated by Lynndie England :rofl:

You can kiss my ass motherfucker because I don't give a shit about you or your family enough to allow you and those you vote for to violate my rights or the rights of others without doing what is right and standing up to you. It is motherfuckers like you and those who represent you who should have your asses deported because you are nothing more than tyrants. Of course we can vote. God bless America. We can vote, we can vote. :cuckoo: And let's not forget that we can sue. We can sue.

Wow, we now justify holding a person for so long and even threatening to send them out of the country over unpaid traffic fines???? Unpaid traffic fines are hardly akin to terrorism or a violent crime. It seems her real crime was simply being of mexican descent.

It seems we also are wishing torture on people we dont agree with poltically and ideologically?

Yea and then people wonder why america gets compared to nazi germany....its stuff just like this. Maybe next we can all turn our neighbors in for being gay, the wrong race or having the wrong political views and we can turn to a war mongering govt to strip them of freedom and place them in "camps" to torture and kill them as the population cheers it on.

Wow, we now justify holding a person for so long and even threatening to send them out of the country over unpaid traffic fines???? Unpaid traffic fines are hardly akin to terrorism or a violent crime. It seems her real crime was simply being of mexican descent.

It seems we also are wishing torture on people we dont agree with poltically and ideologically?

Yea and then people wonder why america gets compared to nazi germany....its stuff just like this. Maybe next we can all turn our neighbors in for being gay, the wrong race or having the wrong political views and we can turn to a war mongering govt to strip them of freedom and place them in "camps" to torture and kill them as the population cheers it on.

Ya I agree, Edwards is a piece of work. And your not far behind.

A Texas woman was arrested for failure to pay traffic fines, was kept in jail 16hours, and threatened with deportation because she had the same name and was the same race as someone who was an illegal immigrant. If her name was Jane Smith she wouldn't have had to worry about being deported. :wtf:

What led them to believe that she was born in another country? She doesn't even speak Spanish. Of course she is of Hispanic descent so that must be the reason for them to think she was born in Mexico. :wtf: Of course, if she was of English descent they would have no reason to believe that she was born in England. :eusa_doh: Like I said a Mrs. Smith wouldn't have to worry about being threatened with being deported to England. :D No one would have contacted ICE nor would she have been threatened, questioned and generally made to fear for her safety if she was a white woman.

The words "artificial reasons" is a nice way of saying that she was of Mexican descent. What would have happened has this woman not been able to provide her birth certificate and social security card. She could have been deported to a country she had never been in, and where language she does not know is spoken. This woman's rights were violated. She was kept in jail and her freedom was infringed because she was of Mexican descent. That ICE could hold a U.S. citizen in jail against their will simply because they did not want to believe her when she said she was an American is barbaric.

She couldn't be telling the truth about being a U.S. Citizen!!! After all U.S. Citizens are white. :wtf: There was absolutely no reason for the police to believe that she was anything but a U.S. citizen other then she was Hispanic and that is why they checked her status with ICE. Had her name been Alicia Evans (like her sister) and had she been white they would not have checked her status. That is racism and it is wrong. Now if she had difficulty speaking English or was acting suspicious than the police might have had a reason to believe that she was born in a different country. It may be hard for some to accept this but it is what happened. Every person of Hispanic descent should fear being pulled over by the police if this is what is going to happen to them. All white Americans need not worry about the police BELIEVING THEY WERE BORN IN ANOTHER COUNTRY SUCH AS ENGLAND, FRANCE, ETC.

Maybe her sisters last name, Evans, should have sent up a red flag but of course even those Mexican with Americanized last names are liars. She couldn't be telling the truth and what is with those things we call Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards. Ms. Rodriguez said it well when she said, "I don't think it was an honest mistake,...There were many steps they missed and didn't follow up on." Carl Rusnok, of ICE, said, "we had a very good reason to doubt her validity." WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT REASON WAS. SHE WAS OF HISPANIC DESCENT. There as no other reason to doubt her validity and even if they did doubt her validity they should have taken extraordinary measures to determine her identity instead of keeping her in jail as long as they did (i.e., check her fingerprint). What would have happened if a hardened criminal decided to take a home-made knife to her and she died in police custody. OOPS, OUR BAD. :eusa_think:

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295456,00.html

When 100% of the 9/11 terrorists were Arab, it was only logical to look at Arabs.

When the overwhelming majority of illegal alliens are Hispanic, you look at hispanics. "Artificial" would be pretending people aren't who and what they are for the sake of political correctness.

When they do surveillance on white supremicists, do they go into a predominantly black or hispanic neighgorhood?

Ya I agree, Edwards is a piece of work. And your not far behind.

Its yours and snows comments that are so heinous. I think Edward should wear the neg rep PROUDLY, it seems to be the best rep to have on this particular board. Its a good indicication that you are a thinking humane person.

BTW, you seemed to have slowed down on your neg repping me vendetta....you arent cutting and running are ya?

Wrong-o. She was held for being a suspected illegal alien; which, IS still a crime.

The rest of your overly-dramatic appeal to emotion isn't worthy of comment.

When 100% of the 9/11 terrorists were Arab, it was only logical to look at Arabs.

When the overwhelming majority of illegal alliens are Hispanic, you look at hispanics. "Artificial" would be pretending people aren't who and what they are for the sake of political correctness.

When they do surveillance on white supremicists, do they go into a predominantly black or hispanic neighgorhood?

Rationalizing racist behavior, that dosent surprise me from you somehow.

Your example is stupid btw, WHITE supremists only allow WHITES to be a member so you would go after them specifically and certainly shouldnt be keeping an eye on anyone just because they are white or have a shaved head. They must only be watching KNOWN individuals and not harrassing random white men with bald heads or who "look" the part.

This would be the same case if they were watching BLACK panthers.

TERRORISTS come in all colors, nationalitys, ethnicities etc.

You come up with one streamlined security system that all people are subjected to equally and you dont do this because its politically correct, you do it because its most effective and will net you better results that racist policies and behavior will.

I am guessing you will want to lock all arabs and muslims up in camps next!

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/race_relations/jan-june01/profiling_3-13.htm

DAVID HARRIS: There's nothing wrong with using a racial characteristic as a description, but using it as a prediction is quite different. When we use race to predict who we think might be criminals, what we do is we subject everybody in that group to treatment as a potential criminal. I think we all recognize as Americans that's not right, that's not fair; it's wrong.

Rationalizing racist behavior, that dosent surprise me from you somehow.

Your example is stupid btw, WHITE supremists only allow WHITES to be a member so you would go after them specifically and certainly shouldnt be keeping an eye on anyone just because they are white or have a shaved head. They must only be watching KNOWN individuals and not harrassing random white men with bald heads or who "look" the part.

This would be the same case if they were watching BLACK panthers.

TERRORISTS come in all colors, nationalitys, ethnicities etc.

You come up with one streamlined security system that all people are subjected to equally and you dont do this because its politically correct, you do it because its most effective and will net you better results that racist policies and behavior will.

I am guessing you will want to lock all arabs and muslims up in camps next!

Pathetic. Calling someone or something who and what it is only constitutes racism to people like you who think you can dismiss an argument with a weak accusation and no valid argument of your own.

Your "one streamlined security system" is so full of holes and weak it wouldn't float on salt water. When the overwhelming majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic, checking little old black ladies' IDs is ludicrous at best.

Pathetic. Calling someone or something who and what it is only constitutes racism to people like you who think you can dismiss an argument with a weak accusation and no valid argument of your own.

Your "one streamlined security system" is so full of holes and weak it wouldn't float on salt water. When the overwhelming majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic, checking little old black ladies' IDs is ludicrous at best.

You dont go check anyone randomly, thats a police state.

Racial profiling dosent work, it just targets groups to treat them as criminals and they end up harrassed and it reinforces the notion on an official level that they are "criminals" and to be "suspect".

It is most definitely a RACIST thing to do and it dosent work.

Whats wrong with streamlined security, like all bags going through the x-ray...thats an example of streamlined security thats applied to all right there. Are you saying thats just full of holes and we should do away with it and only check the arab passengers bags?

Or maybe you prefer flights that dont allow arabs and they have to have their own airports, their own planes, their own areas to live in...surrounded by some barbed wire and guard towers? Is that what you are hoping for? Bring back internment camps and jim crow laws for arabs?

You dont go check anyone randomly, thats a police state.

Racial profiling dosent work, it just targets groups to treat them as criminals and they end up harrassed and it reinforces the notion on an official level that they are "criminals" and to be "suspect".

It is most definitely a RACIST thing to do and it dosent work.

Whats wrong with streamlined security, like all bags going through the x-ray...thats an example of streamlined security thats applied to all right there. Are you saying thats just full of holes and we should do away with it and only check the arab passengers bags?

Or maybe you prefer flights that dont allow arabs and they have to have their own airports, their own planes, their own areas to live in...surrounded by some barbed wire and guard towers? Is that what you are hoping for? Bring back internment camps and jim crow laws for arabs?

She wasn't targetted randomly. She was hauled in for unpaid fines, then checked. Seems quite reasonable to me.

Profiling, whether it be racial, behavioral, or whatever, is THE most effective way to find someone. What DOESN'T work is removing the most effective form of identification for some BS, "feel-good" telling yourself you aren't a racist.

Identifiying something for what it is and is not is just basic common sense.

Profiling, whether it be racial, behavioral, or whatever, is THE most effective way to find someone. What DOESN'T work is removing the most effective form of identification for some BS, "feel-good" telling yourself you aren't a racist.

Yes and this "most effective way" makes most people who are in those targeted groups hate the cops and feel disenfranchised from society. The social ills it creates far outweigh any positive benefits.

She wasn't targetted randomly. She was hauled in for unpaid fines, then checked. Seems quite reasonable to me.

There doesn't seem to be any reason for profiling of someone who simply has a spanish surname... regardless of "unpaid fines". Should I be detained because I owe money for a parking ticket?

Now, if you ask me if profiling is a facile tool in some instances, the answer is that, of course it is. But then we have to ask ourselves if it is the way we want to conduct ourselves as a society. And who's next. First it was Arabs they wanted to profile because of our "post-9/11 world". Now it's people with mexican-sounding surnames. Who's next? Someone with Virginia license-plates because many illegal guns come from down there? Or people from the Carolinas because they might be running cigarettes? Or me, because I have a jew surname?

Gotta be careful about that stuff...it's not just our security you military types lay down your lives for... it's our freedoms, too.

Yes and this "most effective way" makes most people who are in those targeted groups hate the cops and feel disenfranchised from society. The social ills it creates far outweigh any positive benefits.

Really? When I get accused of being a racist by PC SP's, it doesn't make ME hate cops. Just makes me think PC SP's are ignorant.

Forum List

Back