I would rather have a bully as a president than a spineless weasel that tries to

ASK The Media...ASK The Blue-Blood elitists...:eusa_whistle:

so the media chose romney as the republcian candidate despite his flip flopping appeasement?

But the why did all of those republcians waste their time voting for him? Again you rightwingers run away from personal responsbility as you try to blame others for your decisions.

You haven't been paying attention...

I asked a question and you responded with a question trying to shift the blame for romney being the republicans candidate to the media and the blue-bloods while failing to make any real point or addressing my original question.
you said ask the media, ask the blue-blood elitists so do you have a point? if so please present it and stop the lame avoidance tactics.

Desperately trying to insult me because your spin got you no where made you look ridiculous does nothing to add to your argument and reflects more negatively on you than it does me.

Thank God for little miracles.

The Freddie's Fannie screw up finally got to him. I mean Freddie... ah hell, y'all know what I mean. :)

Immie

and based on how the republicans were on ctroll of congress way back when the legislation, which would have made freddie and fannie directly under the supervision and control of a new WH postion that would have reported to W, made it out of committee but never went to the floor for a vote how is it that you can hold frank accountable for the inaction of the republicans?

How about holding both parties accountable?

I understand that is a foreign concept to you, but you might give it a try.

By the way, it was Barney Frank that tried to tell us everything was hunky-dorey with Freddie and Fannie not to long before the collapse. That was the insinuation of my joke.

Immie

Ok immie judge me based on what I actually said instead of your delusions about me.

Did I say at any time that the dems were not also at fault? NO

Did I point out how ridiculous mit was to only blame the minority democrats when the majority republicans failed to act even though the bill made it out of committee showing that frank did not stop it? YES

Democrats didn't act either but to blame frank as a minority member of the committee when the bill made it out of committee and then republcians failed to act on it is beyond absurd.

So in the future could you please keep your biased and BS assumptions to yourself.

That is two threads where you have come at me with false accusations based on your assumptions instead of actually addressing anything that I actually said and you have the nerve to call me biased? LOL

Again, the republicans were in charge and frank was MINORITY member of that committee. The bill made it out of committee but then was shelved by republicans who NEVER took the bill to the floor for a vote. How did the minority democrats stop this bill, which would have created a big government cabinet position that reported directly to W, when it made it out of committee?

Your spin has been countered AGAIN but I am certain that you will bring this up again next time and pretend that you weren't shown to be a complete hack the next time this happens. You have shown a trend of willful ignorance where this issue is concerned in the past so I sincerely doubt it will end anytime soon.

Doesn't matter it was BLOCKED by procedure...Democrats leading the way.

Sorry.

HOW?? The bill in question made it out of committtee and the majority republicans never sent it to the floor for a vote so how was it blocked?

PLease explain if you can. Let me guess, it was blocked because you say so? LOL

Again, the republicans were in charge and frank was MINORITY member of that committee. The bill made it out of committee but then was shelved by republicans who NEVER took the bill to the floor for a vote. How did the minority democrats stop this bill, which would have created a big government cabinet position that reported directly to W, when it made it out of committee?

Your spin has been countered AGAIN but I am certain that you will bring this up again next time and pretend that you weren't shown to be a complete hack the next time this happens. You have shown a trend of willful ignorance where this issue is concerned in the past so I sincerely doubt it will end anytime soon.

Sorry.

HOW?? The bill in question made it out of committtee and the majority republicans never sent it to the floor for a vote so how was it blocked?

LOL all you like...

READ...

”These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ”The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.”
Representative Melvin L. Watt, Democrat of North Carolina, agreed.
”I don’t see much other than a shell game going on here, moving something from one agency to another and in the process weakening the bargaining power of poorer families and their ability to get affordable housing,” Mr. Watt said.
The proposal worked its way around Congress for a couple of years. Efforts at reform of the kind proposed by President Bush were shot down by Democrats each time.
In 2005, Republican Mike Oxley, then chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, brought up a reform bill (H.R. 1461), and Fannie and Freddie’s lobbyists set out to weaken it.
[...]
During this period, Sen. Richard Shelby led a small group of legislators favoring reform, including fellow Republican Sens. John Sununu, Chuck Hagel and Elizabeth Dole. Meanwhile, [Democrat in bed with the mortgage industry Chris] Dodd — who along with Democratic Sens. John Kerry, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were the top four recipients of Fannie and Freddie campaign contributions from 1988 to 2008 — actively opposed such measures and further weakened existing regulation.

Sorry.

LOL all you like...

READ...

”These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ”The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.”
”I don’t see much other than a shell game going on here, moving something from one agency to another and in the process weakening the bargaining power of poorer families and their ability to get affordable housing,” Mr. Watt said.
The proposal worked its way around Congress for a couple of years. Efforts at reform of the kind proposed by President Bush were shot down by Democrats each time.
In 2005, Republican Mike Oxley, then chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, brought up a reform bill (H.R. 1461), and Fannie and Freddie’s lobbyists set out to weaken it.
[...]
During this period, Sen. Richard Shelby led a small group of legislators favoring reform, including fellow Republican Sens. John Sununu, Chuck Hagel and Elizabeth Dole. Meanwhile, [Democrat in bed with the mortgage industry Chris] Dodd — who along with Democratic Sens. John Kerry, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were the top four recipients of Fannie and Freddie campaign contributions from 1988 to 2008 — actively opposed such measures and further weakened existing regulation.

No matter how many times you explain and re-prove history to a Libturd, it will never do any good, they have had their heads in the sand for too long.....

LOL all you like...

READ...
[...]

No matter how many times you explain and re-prove history to a Libturd, it will never do any good, they have had their heads in the sand for too long.....

And they're comfy in living lies for power over others.

Go figure.

Dr. Smith is a fraud...

Sorry.

LOL all you like...

READ...

[...]

WOW! Did you actually just cite an opinion based blog as proof? What procedural tactic did they use to block it??

Furthermore, what the democrats did AFTER 2006 when they gained control from the republcians does nothing to change the fact that republicans failed to act when they had the opportunity. So why do you continue to post dishonest misinformation and baseless opinions from a BLOG as if they are irrefutable fact??

This is from the source of your blog which apparently misquotes the original source.

The administration did not accept half-measures. In 2005, Republican Mike Oxley, then chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, brought up a reform bill (H.R. 1461), and Fannie and Freddie's lobbyists set out to weaken it. The bill was rendered so toothless that Card called Oxley the night before markup and promised to oppose it. Oxley pulled the bill instead.

Funny how your blog leaves out how the REPUBLICANS pulled a bill they deemed "toothless" because their committee which they controlled made it so. How did the democrats who were in the minority weaken the bill that the REPUBLICANS PULLED?

Please tell me that you have more than that? LOL

Fact is that republicans talked about this from 2003 to 2006 when the democrats took over congress and they did NOTHING about it.

So how is the failure to act by republicans the democrats fault?

LOL all you like...

READ...

[...]

did you even read the blog or check it's source articel?? Apparently not.

The fact is that the republicans had control of congress until 2006 and they chose to do NOTHING about it. Now hacks like you and t are trying desperately to rewrite history to hold only the dems accountable even though republicans failed to act with they had the chance.

I am listing the facts from his own source that counter his spin and you believe that I am in the wrong?? LOL

LOL all you like...

READ...

And they're comfy in living lies for power over others.

Go figure.

Dr. Smith is a fraud...

Says the fraudulent hack who was so desperate he had to cite a blog that makes shite up as it goes along inserting the authors opinions as if they were fact and misquoting the original source as he leaves out facts that counter his predisposed opinions.

You and your blog both claimed that the dems procedurally blocked the bill in 2005 which is false.
Even when asked how you failed to answer showing what procedure was used, you merely cited a blog that restated your unsubstantiated opinions.

The fact is that it was pulled by the republican chair of the committee because his committee which he controlled defanged his bill. Being in the minorty, the dems could not have done so alone so who on the right in that committee stripped it?

So keep the insults coming, the facts back up my arguments and insulting me changes nothing.

Appease everyone at the expense of the American people.

Well yea. Everyone knows Republicans are bullies.

Normal people make laws to protect the country, Like speed laws or safety. Or clean air and clean water.

Republicans working to discriminate against gay people, women or blacks or whoever isn't about improving their lives. It's about forcing people who don't share your beliefs to "conform" to your beliefs. They aren't safer or better off. In fact, many times, they are worse off. But that's what bullies do. That's why it's called "bully".

I like to see you living down to expectations. It puts you in the right category, don't cha think?

Good morning derp.

By the way Obama is against clean water now since he has approved of fracking for gas. Evil bastard

I bet he insists on some type of regulation. You seem to be the kind of person that would put your entire family in a car made without safety regulations and drive down a road with no speed limit. You actually seem to be that stupid.

LOL all you like...

READ...

The fact is that the republicans had control of congress until 2006 and they chose to do NOTHING about it. Now hacks like you and t are trying desperately to rewrite history to hold only the dems accountable even though republicans failed to act with they had the chance.

I am listing the facts from his own source that counter his spin and you believe that I am in the wrong?? LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqYY72PeRM]Democrats in their own words Covering up Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac scandal - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMPPGlOpUiM]Bill Clinton - Democrats Resisted GOP Efforts to Rein in Fannie Mae - YouTube[/ame]

Need more proof ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqYY72PeRM]Democrats in their own words Covering up Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac scandal - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMPPGlOpUiM]Bill Clinton - Democrats Resisted GOP Efforts to Rein in Fannie Mae - YouTube[/ame]

Need more proof ?

Wow you can cite the same blog now how do either of those clips show how the minority democrats procedurally stopped the majority republicans from seinding any version of that bill to the floor for a vote?

You can't because in reality during 2006 and prior the republicans controlled congress, the committees and the agenda and they chose to do NOTHING.

How is the inaction of republicans the fault of the democrats?

Last edited:

Need more proof ?

From 2004? Who controlled both houses, the presidency and the Supreme Court? And I'm talking "controlled".

Forum List

Back