I would rather have a bully as a president than a spineless weasel that tries to

Appease everyone at the expense of the American people.

Bush got hit on 9-11 and bankrupted us trying to remedy the problem. Obama got Bin Ladin and we haven't been attacked on Obama's watch. You do the match.

Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US was the President's Daily Brief prepared by the Central Intelligence Agency and given to U.S. President George W. Bush on August 6, 2001. The brief warned of terrorism threats from Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda 36 days before the September 11, 2001 attacks.

President Bush, who was vacationing at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.

The existence of the memo was secret until it was leaked in 2002. CBS Evening News reported on the document on May 15

I get the feeling that even if it were proven that Bush lied us into Iraq, because it pretty much has been proven, but if it were proven without a shadow of a doubt, I believe Republicans on USMB would defend the GOP for whatever they said their real motives were. Regime Change (Saddam was a bad man) We wanted the oil? Republicans would say fuck the Iraqi's, we need oil.

I guarantee righties on USMB would defend anything the GOP did. Even holding a gay boy down and cutting his hair.

Information 9/11 Commission shows that the U.S. was warned in 1998 that al-Qaida might "hijack a commercial jet and slam it into a U.S. landmark."

What does this tell me? This tells me that Condi was just another example of the cronies Bush appointed to very powerful positions and they were over their heads. Romney will be the same way.

Just like Heck of a Job Brownie Bush appointed to run FEMA when Katrina happened. They don't just say government sucks, they prove it. That guy was a horse trader, not someone qualified to run FEMA.

Or remember Bush wanted to appoint his work wife Harriet Myers to the Supreme Court? OMG!

And Romney will appoint a bunch of his buddies too. Rich people who need to be paid back for their campaign contributions. Here Thurston, you run the EPA. And don't enforce any of the laws for 4 years. Let corporations pollute.

Information 9/11 Commission shows that the U.S. was warned in 1998 that al-Qaida might "hijack a commercial jet and slam it into a U.S. landmark."

Okay, this is where I have to call shennanigans. If the warning came in 1998, why didn't the Clinton folks do anything about it in 1998, 1999 or 2000? They had over two years to address the problem, Bush had less than 8 months...

Actually, the supposed report that they would hijack planes came from the French Intelligence Service, and the CIA said in the notorious Aug 6 PDF that they didn't consider the report credible.

What does this tell me? This tells me that Condi was just another example of the cronies Bush appointed to very powerful positions and they were over their heads. Romney will be the same way.

Again, I've seen no evidence that had Gore won, that he'd have appointed people any more capable of preventing 9/11 than Bush's folks were.

Just like Heck of a Job Brownie Bush appointed to run FEMA when Katrina happened. They don't just say government sucks, they prove it. That guy was a horse trader, not someone qualified to run FEMA.

Actually, he had been the assistant director of FEMA for four years before becoming director, and had handled 164 declared "emergencies". Katrina was just beyond anything anyone had planned for.

Or remember Bush wanted to appoint his work wife Harriet Myers to the Supreme Court? OMG!

Now you see, there you go. Liberals screamed up and down that they didn't like conservative appointments, Bush appointed someone who was more moderate, and when conservatives objected, the liberals didn't come to her defense at all.

If you wonder why things don't get done, it's because of this kind of gamesmanship that put partisan point scoring above just getting things accomplished.

And Romney will appoint a bunch of his buddies too. Rich people who need to be paid back for their campaign contributions. Here Thurston, you run the EPA. And don't enforce any of the laws for 4 years. Let corporations pollute.

Yes, I think that Romney will make very bad appointments... but mischaracterizing the Bush years isn't adding to your credibility.

I get the feeling that even if it were proven that Bush lied us into Iraq, because it pretty much has been proven, but if it were proven without a shadow of a doubt, I believe Republicans on USMB would defend the GOP for whatever they said their real motives were. Regime Change (Saddam was a bad man) We wanted the oil? Republicans would say fuck the Iraqi's, we need oil.

I would argue that the fact that Saddam was a madman who had murdered up to a million of his own people was a good enough reason to take him out. But again, the arguments that Bush made against Saddam were the same ones Clinton Made. Clinton claimed he was still running WMD programs and was helping Al Qaeda, neither of which turned out to be true.

The Democrats were all for taking out Saddam, until they got the butcher's bill.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
That is all.

Bush_Fault.gif

Bush got hit on 9-11 and bankrupted us trying to remedy the problem. Obama got Bin Ladin and we haven't been attacked on Obama's watch. You do the match.

Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US was the President's Daily Brief prepared by the Central Intelligence Agency and given to U.S. President George W. Bush on August 6, 2001. The brief warned of terrorism threats from Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda 36 days before the September 11, 2001 attacks.

President Bush, who was vacationing at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.

The existence of the memo was secret until it was leaked in 2002. CBS Evening News reported on the document on May 15

Again, this is a very dishonest liberal talking point, and I'm not sure why you are repeating it.

Despite it's rather alluring title, the actual report the CIA gave the President wasn't full of anything new or imminent. The titalating line about aircraft from the French intelligence service was something the CIA had discounted.

Transcript: Bin Laden determined to strike in US - CNN

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a ---- service in 1998 saying that Bin Laden wanted to hijack a U.S. aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Sheikh" Omar Abdel Rahman and other U.S.-held extremists.

In short, they were talking about hijacking an aircraft to exchange the hostages for prisoners, NOT a terrorist attack. And the CIA had its doubts.

Obama wrote about it in his Book "Dreams of My Father"

Sorry Libturd, no spin .......

Nobody read the so-called best-seller, claimed to be written by Obama. That is why nobody knew that - by his own words - Obama feasted on dog meat, until somebody who actually read the book revealed it.

So, now that we find out - again by his own words - that he pushed down a girl, we are supposed to be surprised.

Actually no surprise, I am sure most of us did something when we were young that we would not have done as an adult....

But, the audacity is the liberal media on some others are going rampant because Romney cut someones hair as a youth, but something the almighty Obama did that was just as bad is kept quiet by the Libs .....

How is pushing a girl "just as bad" as holding someone down and forcibly cutting their hair against their will?? I really don't care what romney did as a child but for anoyone to try and equate these two incidents is beyond ignorance.

Furthermore, I find it funny how rightwingers arguing that "there are more important issues to deal with like the economy and jobs" to avoid talking about romeny's past are so quick to drop that argument when they find something from obama's past that they think they can use.

LOL

Didn't Romney flip flop on the auto issue to appease labor in the rust belt swing states?

Didn't Romney flip flop on gay rights to appease Christian conservatives?

Obama changed his mind no less than 3 times on gay marriage. In the end the money convinced him of what his moral stand was.

The difference being is that obama was on the same side of the issue at all times even though his degree of support did change. However, he did not switch from for gay rights being further left than kennedy to completely against them as romney has done. Now what was his reasoning for flip flopping?

then i suggest you find a 3rd party....because Mittens and Obama are no different.

I'm counting on Romney to end Obamacare, Dodd Frank and the epa regulations on the energy industry. I don't think a vote for Obama would make that possible.

Dodd bailed...and Fwank IS bailing after the mess they made.

if this is an attempted refernce to the freddy fannie issue based on that BS video posted over and over again by the right you know that the republicans were in charge of congress at the time and they chose to do NOTHING. frank was a minority leader on the committee and the bill made it out of committee so frank did not stop it there. However, it never went to the floor for a vote because the republcians in charge never sent it to the floor.

So why are you trying to blame democrats for the repuiblcians failure to act?

Didn't Romney flip flop on the auto issue to appease labor in the rust belt swing states?

Didn't Romney flip flop on gay rights to appease Christian conservatives?

Obama changed his mind no less than 3 times on gay marriage. In the end the money convinced him of what his moral stand was.

The difference being is that obama was on the same side of the issue at all times even though his degree of support did change. However, he did not switch from for gay rights being further left than kennedy to completely against them as romney has done. Now what was his reasoning for flip flopping?

Neged for intentionally misrepresenting the facts.

Obama's position evolves 5 degrees, while Romney does a 180. Yeah, let's talk about that.

If you insist

"Superpacs are a threat to our democracy"

Yep, 180 degrees

They are. That doesn't mean unilateral disarmament. Only a complete hack would expect their opponent to not fight for the power to make things better.

Your rebuttal is a joke. Superpacs are a threat to our democracy. I'm voting for Obama because he won't appoint hacks that will uphold Robert's idiotic decision regarding Citizens United.

Perhaps then we can level the playing field to keep secret money influencing choice and stop pretending that corporations are citizens.

Who do you think Romney might appoint?

yes his rebuttal is a joke and completely off topic but that is typical when a rightwingers feels that he is losing the argument he started. They try to change the subject and hope that no one notices. lol

I'm counting on Romney to end Obamacare, Dodd Frank and the epa regulations on the energy industry. I don't think a vote for Obama would make that possible.

Dodd bailed...and Fwank IS bailing after the mess they made.

if this is an attempted refernce to the freddy fannie issue based on that BS video posted over and over again by the right you know that the republicans were in charge of congress at the time and they chose to do NOTHING. frank was a minority leader on the committee and the bill made it out of committee so frank did not stop it there. However, it never went to the floor for a vote because the republcians in charge never sent it to the floor.

So why are you trying to blame democrats for the repuiblcians failure to act?

They TRIED to act...the Democrats Balked...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM]Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown - YouTube[/ame]

That's your lame OP? OK, I'll play. How is standing up for equal protection something that should be sacrificed?

I'd rather have a leader who lead for equal protection, even if they bullied a bit, over a spineless candidate who changes their beliefs on an hourly basis, who wants to support discrimination back into our constitution.

Lead by saying its the states decision, pretty much a wimpy thing to do.

It tells me that Clinton did nothing for two years to prevent it.

The President and the federal government and its agencies can do nothing to alleviate an emergency unless the state governor asks for help. The Democratic governor of Louisiana did not ask for help. The democratic mayor of New Orleans let hundreds of buses sit idle rather than let them be used for evacuating the dolts who were too stupid to help themselves.

Obviously where Bush failed in his appointing an unqualified female for Supreme Court, Obama succeeded, twice.

Good to see that you know who Romney will appoint. Could you please give me the numbers for the next Power Ball Lottery?

As far as the EPA?

NOBODY should be appointed. Eventually it would die a well-deserved death along with some worthless spotted owls, one-inch minnows, exotic mosquitoes, infection-spreading rodents and other useless critters who, along with liberals should learn about respecting their own credo about the survival of the fittest.

The less the EPA intrudes in normal life, the more human lives will be appreciated.

Just ask the California farmers whose lives have been destroyed in order to save some inky-dinky fish. Or the landowners whose lives have been ruined because they thought that draining a tepid swamp on their own land will land them in prison.

OUT WITH THE EPA!!!

And I say that because I am a conservative and everyone knows that conservatives want, more than anything else, dirty air and dirty water.

Forum List

Back