I will quote my friend, 5 years out of prison

He actually said this on a song I did with him, and it's profound in many ways and he told me he had a lot of down-time in Federal Prison to think about this.

This statement will probably favor well with Right leaning members, and left-leaning members may not like it all that much but I have to say, I 100% agree with it and we should talk about it. It will be fun/interesting.

So, in a song, he was talking about picking himself up and what he said was "Not to have a choice, is a choice."

How's that ring with you?
I like it. It's a corollary to "not to take a choice is a choice', IMO.

SO basically when Obama voted present 100,000,000,000,000 times in the illinois senate, he really did make a choice afterall. :lol:

Choosing to not have a choice doesn't make sense in my brain.

Maybe too many beers in college are to blame, but someone of greater intellect help me out.

It's sort of a metaphor which means: that usually when people settle @ saying "but I didn't have any other choice" - - - - -

it was a choice to settle at that, because there's always another way.

Thanks, yeah that's a great line for deep thinkers lol.

Can i ask what he got in trouble for?

Attempted Murder. He broke into a house with a crew and the person was accidentally home (unplanned), they all fought, guy got stabbed.

That's not what he was referring to (Voting). He was referring to letting your circumstances get the better of you - - - - as being a choice.

Clearly, your friend doesn't know what he's talking about. Truthmatters has decided for him what he meant.

She's an idiot, of course.

I think if they sserved their time they can vote.

its a state to state thing

Agreed...and they should be able to legally own a firearm.

So if they where a violent offender who used a gun in their crime you would support them being able to own another gun after they served their time? :eek:

First, I don't think a violent offender, whether or not a gun was used, should see the light of day. Or when they do, they're so old, nobody cares. Secondly, I know that no gun law in the world will stop a criminal from being a criminal...so I really don't care who possesses a gun, I care what they do with it. But to answer your question, I actually just wanted to see if the lefty on this thread would be consistent with her call to restore rights to felons after time is served. She was not consistent, which is no surprise.

He actually said this on a song I did with him, and it's profound in many ways and he told me he had a lot of down-time in Federal Prison to think about this.

This statement will probably favor well with Right leaning members, and left-leaning members may not like it all that much but I have to say, I 100% agree with it and we should talk about it. It will be fun/interesting.

So, in a song, he was talking about picking himself up and what he said was "Not to have a choice, is a choice."

I am not quiote sure what he means by that. How did you interpret it GT?

I like it. It's a corollary to "not to take a choice is a choice', IMO.

SO basically when Obama voted present 100,000,000,000,000 times in the illinois senate, he really did make a choice afterall. :lol:
No, that was a choice, well, many of the same choices over and over again.

After serving your debt to society your slate should be cleared in most cases. But for the most part your friend should be able to vote. Good for him being in that small % that does not go back.

Not if they commited a crime with a gun

So someone CAN be rehabilitated enough to retain their voting privileges but not all the other guarantees afforded citizens? Shall you be the one to determine which rights are granted and which are not? What if his crime was voter fraud? Your inconsistency here smacks more of an anti-gun bias than a logical opinion on felony punishment after time is served.

Rights come with responsibilities. You have the right to own a gun, but you also have responsibility to use that gun within the law. If you violate that right you no longer are afforded that right.
If you have a career criminal who votes for people who cater to criminals and votes for people who undermine our justice system in return for those votes, he should not have that right. Our justice system and judicial system should not be effected in any way shape or form by those who are career criminals.
Now a lesser offensive offender I could agree should be able to vote, your none career offenders and low security inmates.
It's funny how the left always screams "rights rights rights!!!", but when it comes to responsibilities they get all pissed off about it.

So someone CAN be rehabilitated enough to retain their voting privileges but not all the other guarantees afforded citizens? Shall you be the one to determine which rights are granted and which are not? What if his crime was voter fraud? Your inconsistency here smacks more of an anti-gun bias than a logical opinion on felony punishment after time is served.

Its not an inconsistancy.

They have proven a danger to soceity.

they can not kill anyone by voting.

But they can effect and undermine our judicial system with such votes.

Rights come with responsibilities. You have the right to own a gun, but you also have responsibility to use that gun within the law. If you violate that right you no longer are afforded that right.
If you have a career criminal who votes for people who cater to criminals and votes for people who undermine our justice system in return for those votes, he should not have that right. Our justice system and judicial system should not be effected in any way shape or form by those who are career criminals.
Now a lesser offensive offender I could agree should be able to vote, your none career offenders and low security inmates.
It's funny how the left always screams "rights rights rights!!!", but when it comes to responsibilities they get all pissed off about it.

Um dude ,you just agreed with me more than this con

What federal prison was he in?

He always said "up North" so I'm assuming the Lake George / Adirondack area.

Might have been Otisville. I work in one in West Virginia is why I was wondering.

I think it's pretty fucking radical that the interpretation is that he's talking about Voting. I never even considered it, although it fits.....but we talked about the line and he meant what I'm telling y'all.

Its not an inconsistancy.

They have proven a danger to soceity.

they can not kill anyone by voting.

But they can effect and undermine our judicial system with such votes.

They served their time and they should be allowed to vote.

I want NO ONE to be able to take the right to vote from people.

It gives incentive to falsely charge a nd convict people for poltical reasons.

Lets remember the Judge who was incarcerating kids for money.

i don't think Felons should be able to Vote unless they give a LARGE sum of Community Service hours, first.

second thought and edit to add, I don't think they should ever be allowed to. "serving your time" is not the only consequence for committing a felony, no longer voting is.......and if y0u knew that and still went ahead and committed it, then ypou deserve the pre-determined punishment.

Last edited:
all of your choices may be not so rosey but there is always a choice.

The man was right on.

again sorry for the misinterpitation of the remark

Forum List

Back