"I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you"

This is crazy stuff. Angry incoherent lefties try to make a case that the President is an evangelic Christian and at the same time they try to make a case that he isn't evangelical. In the mean time they look like freaking idiots and they don't even know it.

sorta true-----it is crazy enough that it should be left alone. Anyone believe that
Nixon was a good Quaker?

at the risk of censure------I will use the terminology of
the locker room -------I am not really a locker room girl---
but HERE GOES -------"that man has shit for brains" ----mods---
please note---I did not specify WHICH MAN. For the younger
people here-----the Berlin Wall was not built to keep people OUT---
it was built to keep east berlin people IN

You are absolutely correct. The Berlin Wall made prisoners of their own people. It was a stupid embarrassing comment by the Pope, it is stupid for this forum member to post it, and its off topic on top of everything else.

Moved to General Discussion.

in the pages I checked, I saw little about Politics

This is crazy stuff. Angry incoherent lefties try to make a case that the President is an evangelic Christian and at the same time they try to make a case that he isn't evangelical. In the mean time they look like freaking idiots and they don't even know it.

sorta true-----it is crazy enough that it should be left alone. Anyone believe that
Nixon was a good Quaker?
FYI...Nixon was read out of Meeting...the Quaker equivalent of excommunication.

A timely article:

Donald Trump Is Not the Messiah, He's a Very Naughty Boy

"While talking to reporters on the White House lawn Wednesday about his plans for prosecuting a trade war with China, the president of the United States looked up briefly toward the heavens.
“I am the chosen one,” Donald Trump allowed.
Others had given the president gentle nudges toward divinity even before that. Wayne Allyn Root, a conservative extremist, conspiracy theorist and self-described “capitalist evangelist” who believes Jesus was the “CEO of the Christian religion,” described Trump the day before as the “second coming of God.” Trump gratefully tweeted Root’s blessings on Wednesday morning, several hours before his White House epiphany.
Yes, of course you need a certain kind of appalling narcissism to be comfy promoting yourself as heaven-sent in a televised press briefing and as a deity on Twitter. It’s doubly unhinged when you’re doing this as president, commander-in-chief and the man who swore on Inauguration Day to “preserve, protect and defend” the country. When it follows a crazy, distracting public flirtation with a Greenland buyout and a dizzying flip-flop on gun control, it can convince people that your underlying behavior has moved beyond the routinely nutty and delinquent into something more profoundly ruptured.
Trump, however, has been self-absorbed, self-deluded and wildly self-aggrandizing for decades. New Yorkers who had ringside seats to much of this know how much of a sociopath he can be when he wants his way (a useful case study is his failed effort to develop Manhattan’s West Side Yards years ago). They’re now watching the rest of the country and the world acquaint themselves with a Trump whom many either didn’t understand or willfully overlooked prior to his ascent to the White House."

"The president grew up in a family that embraced Norman Vincent Peale’s controversial “prosperity gospel,” which focused on personal happiness and wealth. He has followed a similar path in his adult life, aligning himself with churches or ministers that tout the same dollar-based values. Although Trump had never been involved in traditional Christian churches (many of which look askance at the prosperity gospel), white evangelicals supported his presidential candidacy en masse in 2016. Trump sees that voting bloc – which has forgiven his extramarital affairs, his racism and incivility, his foul mouth and his lack of generosity in exchange for legislative advocacy meaningful to them – as one of his firewalls in the upcoming 2020 campaign.
So when Trump gazes into the sky at the White House and says that he’s the chosen one, he’s not the type who thinks he can actually walk on water. He’s the type who’s hoping that droves of evangelical voters might keep falling for his shtick."

Forum List

Back