"I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you"

Reread your post.....by quoting the bible and interpreting it to apply to our President..you are indeed..claiming religious authority............

Religion is not your forte my friend. I read the Bible and state what it states: Those who bless Abraham and his seed, God will bless them. That is a literal reading, not an interpretation.

Therefore, whoever blesses them., God will bless. Again, that a literal reading, not some prophetic interpretation.

Nice try Bub

Don't stroll in here telling me what I think and I claim: I tell YOU, you dont' tell me. Only God knows peoples' thoughts, not you
ROTFLMAO!

Uh huh...sure Terri..sure.

I don't care even a small bit as to your thoughts. I'm always amused at purported Christians that are so clearly full of hate..prejudice...and false pride.

it is hard to live the word of Christ--it is obvious that you do not even try.

The Sheep and the Goats

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

That is your god...so what?

There is only one God, a fact you will find out soon enough.

I see something that puts faith behind a person of influence and power as dangerous.........

Well, the Bible itself does that:

Romans 13:1 "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

Do you think that verse is dangerous?

At any rate I am not here to get into a Bible argument or religious argument. I stated what I see to be true: I said, "Maybe Trump is blessed. Let us hope so"

Genesis 12 : 3 : "I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Maybe Trump is blessed. Let us hope so. He is the only president to recognize Jerusalem - the city GOD gave to the Jews - as the Jewish capitol. God blesses him for that. Trump also moved our embassy to Jerusalem, something that other presidents blabbed about but never did.

Trump has blessed Israel and God has surely blessed him. See how his enemies, the deep state of the most powerful nation ever, cannot touch him

Saint Paul wrote most of the New Testament. But prior to that Saul killed countless numbers of Christians. If Paul can be redeemed to such an extent than so can Trump, and so can we all. That is the message of Christ.

Repent, and be saved.

How about Gay Mayor Buttplug? Sorry, no such luck for him. He has NOT repented. In fact e has done the opposite: He embraces mortal sin (sodomy) and practices it and is not sorry or repentant in the slightest. He does the opposite of what Christ calls for. He is antichrist. (He still has time to repent though, but I doubt that he will.)

And Omar & Talib? We know they hate Israel. They curse Israel. "I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you.”

Let us pray for, and vote for, Donald Trump, the greatest president ever.

AP_17147553018738-b-1140x450.jpg
I pray every day regarding your president Hopefully soon my prayers will be answered

I see something that puts faith behind a person of influence and power as dangerous.........

Romans 13:1 "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

At any rate I am not here to get into a Bible argument or religious argument. I stated what I see to be true: I said, "Maybe Trump is blessed. Let us hope so"

Genesis 12 : 3 : "I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Maybe Trump is blessed. Let us hope so. He is the only president to recognize Jerusalem - the city GOD gave to the Jews - as the Jewish capitol. God blesses him for that. Trump also moved our embassy to Jerusalem, something that other presidents blabbed about but never did.

Trump has blessed Israel and God has surely blessed him. See how his enemies, the deep state of the most powerful nation ever, cannot touch him

Saint Paul wrote most of the New Testament. But prior to that Saul killed countless numbers of Christians. If Paul can be redeemed to such an extent than so can Trump, and so can we all. That is the message of Christ.

Repent, and be saved.

How about Gay Mayor Buttplug? Sorry, no such luck for him. He has NOT repented. In fact e has done the opposite: He embraces mortal sin (sodomy) and practices it and is not sorry or repentant in the slightest. He does the opposite of what Christ calls for. He is antichrist. (He still has time to repent though, but I doubt that he will.)

And Omar & Talib? We know they hate Israel. They curse Israel. "I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you.”

No...there is not just one god...even the OT 10 Commandments admit that there are many. You just like one in particular.

Who is "we" you baby-killing freak. You have as much in common with God as Hitler does with the ADL.
And here's the REAL christian coming out.

Yep. I called a baby-killer a baby-killer. I told the truth, something you are incapable of.

Just like I call a liar like you a liar, and a lowlife like you a lowlife.

Any more comments?

There is nothing like putting God into the mix to draw out the evil hate-mongers like bodecea and his ilk. You baby-killing Democrats are so easy to tweak.

The OP stands as fact and un-refuted:

Recognizing God's Hand in Donald Trump's Election

Repent, and be saved.

Repent, and be saved.

Yes, HOWEVER the bible did not extend those statements to any specific person and no one knows the mind of God.

Whether or not this is the case for Trump may or may not be true. That is actually not relevant. My point is that WE, as the electorate, should not infer that such passages apply to a specific person, place or actions because that confers more authority on that entity than any non-divine entity should have.

Yes, HOWEVER the bible did not extend those statements to any specific person and no one knows the mind of God.

Whether or not this is the case for Trump may or may not be true. That is actually not relevant. My point is that WE, as the electorate, should not infer that such passages apply to a specific person, place or actions because that confers more authority on that entity than any non-divine entity should have.

Well, I respect your opinion, and I do see your point, but in this particular instance a disagree.

I do have to admit getting a chuckle out of one thing...Not many people I know would have the sheer gall to claim religious authority, quote the bible..and then use the term 'Mayor Buttplug'..all in the same post.

Except I never claimed any religious authority or to be a religious authority, nor have I ever claimed to be a saint. I simply state the facts.

you stated as "fact" that saint paul----as Saul "killed countless Christians" ----can
you cite your source and provide some details? He had an army?

you stated as "fact" that saint paul----as Saul "killed countless Christians" ----can

That's sort of a Biblical discussion, perhaps not suited for the political section. The source is the Book of Acts. Read it, its not very long. Paul, called Saul, persecuted Christians, until while travelling on "The Road to Emmaus" Christ appeared to him and he was converted. That's when he started being called Paul.

From persecutor to Christian: The conversion of St. Paul - OSV Newsweekly
"From persecutor to Christian: The conversion of St. Paul"

That's sort of a Biblical discussion, perhaps not suited for the political section. The source is the Book of Acts. Read it, its not very long. Paul, called Saul, persecuted Christians, until while travelling on "The Road to Emmaus" Christ appeared to him and he was converted. That's when he started being called Paul.

From persecutor to Christian: The conversion of St. Paul - OSV Newsweekly
"From persecutor to Christian: The conversion of St. Paul"

yes-----in a book written probably by Paul---there is vague allusion to his own
persecution of Christians. As far as I recall there is no discussion of EXECUTING them ----some vague idea of jailing them-----all of this taking
place in the AD era. I have read commentary saying that Paul /saul
"OBVIOUSLY was delivering them to the Sanhedrin for execution!!!! what
happened to the fact that the Sanhedrin, at that time had no power to execute
anyone????? How does it happen that there is no history of Christians or
blasphemers being executed at that time by any jewish court. (execution was a
big deal at that time----it was documented------and PHARISEES were 'dead set'
against it (which is why there is no capital punishment in Israel today)----
DA HISTORY DONT MAKE SENSE ----if it don't make sense, it probably did
not happen.
Paul is----by Christian commentators ID'd as a Pharisee.
When Pharisees fought----at that time-----they went after ROMANS

persecution of Christians. As far as I recall there is no discussion of EXECUTING them ----

We know that Stephen was stoned to death, as were others. Blasphemers were stoned to death back then and Saul was a Pharisee.

persecution of Christians. As far as I recall there is no discussion of EXECUTING them ----

We know that Stephen was stoned to death, as were others. Blasphemers were stoned to death back then and Saul was a Pharisee.

Oh "Stephen" I sorta remember it was "james"------There is no doubt that people "got killed" --------the account of the death of --uhm--I thought james, seemed more to me like a LYNCHING----than a death by judicial order which
does not mean----a mob running after the victim throwing rocks. There is actually no account in the NT or any in history that I know about which is-----"death for blasphemy by the Sanhedrin"----which is a really damned intricate process, at that time----NOT ONE. You got one? If Saul was a Pharisee----he would be opposed to the death penalty and pro----FIND A REASON NOT TO DO IT, school
of Hillel. There were a few political assassinations or threats thereof-----
The NT states that the REASON the Sanhedrin did not sentence Jesus to death
is BECAUSE it had no power to execute-------so da JOOOOS FORCED PILATE
TO DO IT. Would that have been the jew CAIAPHAS or was it DA PHARISEEES???

OMG, Terri4Trump , you were insufferable and obnoxious enough without going all fundie on us.

Just when you think a poster can't get anymore repugnant, they pull another one out of the hat.

Trump backed up by God? You ARE getting dangerous because some wacko is going to believe you.

OMG, Terri4Trump , you were insufferable and obnoxious enough without going all fundie on us.

Just when you think a poster can't get anymore repugnant, they pull another one out of the hat.

Trump backed up by God? You ARE getting dangerous because some wacko is going to believe you.

YEAH TERRI!!!!!! ----invoke METAPHYSICAL FORCES ------sounds better

Forum List

Back