I was at a party with a bunch of Doctors last night....

Ranging from those who are starting on July 1st (like me) to those who have practiced for a few years to those that have practiced for a decade.

All anyone could talk about was ACA and it wasn't good.

The more experienced doctors were already making plans to leave medicine. I heard comments along the line of "this is the end of medicine." "The system is going to implode." "You will basically be working for peanuts in an environment that is going to be rife with litigation and no shields." "Your only hope is for Romney to win and get rid of this monstrosity, otherwise you should leave now."

Actually, I didn't hear any of this. I didn't hear anything good or bad about the ACA. Most people seemed unconcerned.

I believe they are unconcerned because no one knows what the true effect* of ACA is going to be. I had a good laugh at my local conservative talker guy trying to articulate what he thought this would do to patient care. He sounded like an idiot, because the things he was saying made absolutely no sense to someone familiar with patient care.

ACA could indeed be disastrous policy. It could also be great policy. I just don't know. And I don't think you, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, or Ed Schultz do either.

*Meaning the effect on health care delivery in this country and not the effect on individual tax payers in regard to cost.

I think you are full of shit, I don't think you are a doctor based on your assertion you haven't talked to ANY who are the least bit concerned about Obamacare -topped with the truly moronic statement that no one knows what it will do. What a stupid JOKE! OF COURSE THEY KNOW. Most doctors dread what's coming and a huge percent are planning on early retirement or a career change.

Have you bothered to read that piece of shit? I suggest you do that -every one of those 2400 pages. By the time you hit page 10 you will realize the bill is majorly INCOMPLETE -because this piece of shit includes regulations that announce are to be spelled out in detail in later publications. Which causes a huge problem for businesses, hospitals, medical centers, nursing homes, institutions etc. given those regulations affect them -but it doesn't tell them what those regulations are going to be, what it will take to comply or how they are supposed to comply. Just that there is a buttload of them coming down the pike right at 'em.

A journalist with US News reported the first set of published regulations applied to just the first SIX PAGES of the bill and that first set was 429 pages long. Do you understand that? 429 pages of REGULATIONS that apply just to the first SIX pages of this piece of shit bill. The pages of regulations are many times LONGER than this piece of shit bill! In reality this bill is more than 170,000 pages once all the massive REGULATIONS are included! By comparison, the US tax code which everyone knows is a ridiculously complicated piece of shit in need of drastic overhaul -"just" 13,000 pages long. The US Constitution is just 16 pages long. Imagine that -it only took 16 pages to set up what was at the time a completely experimental system of government -but 2400 pages to write up the myriad kickbacks and payoffs to Democrat supporters and special interests. And 170,000 to essentially destroy ...everything. Let's not pretend on this one, ok? NO Republican input whatsoever which is also part of the reason it got no Republican votes at all. NO brakes, NO self control and MASSIVE PAYOFFS to Democrat supporters in exchange for their support for this piece of shit. This bill is NOT intended to make health care affordable! It is intended to make Democrat supporters and money launderers RICH.

Did you take ANY math in school honey? You can't cover 30,000,000 more people, cover pre-existing conditions, keep adults on their parents' insurance until age 26 -and end with "affordable" anything. Now we know what it is that STUPID, lying ass skank Pelosi didn't want anyone to see until after it had been rammed down our throats against our will. 21 NEW taxes that will start kicking AFTER the election -how thoughtful of that manipulative fucking liar, huh? And 12 of them will hit the middle class right between the eyes starting Jan. 2013 -AFTER the election because Obama didn't want that to bite him in the ass before securing his re-election.

So you really want to pretend all the doctors you claim to know are just too fucking stupid to figure out they are getting the short end of the stick on this thing and lawyers ONCE AGAIN insure THEY make out like the thieves they really are? Really?

Most doctors are intelligent enough to know that nothing good happens when government inserts itself between them and their patients. Whoever foots the bill really holds the power -and government intends that power will be IT -not the patient. Even though it is taxpayers really stuck with the tab, since government has included itself as middleman, it will be government wielding control and making life and death decisions for.........us. I wouldn't allow my neighbor on the next block to make my medical decisions but let's pretend a faceless bureaucracy really gives a shit about you, huh? As a "doctor" you must be aware that the reason doctors have been abandoning private practice as unaffordable is because of GOVERNMENT, right? Forced to hire people who bring zero extra dollars into their practice -just to handle the never ending paperwork, massively increasing their overhead while government keeps cutting their reimbursements -combined with the skyrocketing malpractice insurance -also thanks to fucking lawyers. Businesses add people whose productivity brings in MORE money to the business -but not true with the medical field where doctors and hospitals are forced to hire thousands of people to just shuffle government paperwork. And that isn't even counting the fact the average Medicaid bill submitted by doctors and hospitals gets rejected five times -and many doctors just don't bother filing it at all. And now increasing numbers are refusing to accept Medicaid patients since they are guaranteed to get screwed out of payment.

This bill fully intends to result in the destruction of private insurance companies with people forced onto Medicaid rolls -which is why they tried to strong arm states to raise taxes and then order them how to spend it. Except SCOTUS got that one partially right -the federal government has no authority to insert itself into state governments and order them to function as their puppet. Maybe you really don't know this -but the federal government belongs to the states, it is supposed to be subservient to the states with the exception of the enumerated powers given to it under the Constitution. State governments do NOT belong to the federal government. There is actually a REASON we are called the United STATES of America and not the People's Republic of America. So that was a blatant attempt to be the total game changer, stripping states of their sovereignty under the Constitution and forcing all states to become subservient to federal government -which is already on a power trip intent on laying claim to any and all powers and rights it can strip from we the people and the states.

Career politicians have done more damage to this nation than ANY other group and I am a firm believer now in term limits for all elected offices, not just the Presidency. No one should be allowed to enrich themselves at the public trough the way these fuckers have. Career politicians constantly seek to expand and entrench their power, constantly write new laws and regulations to justify their outrageous salaries and benefits they voted for themselves. They become corrupt egomaniacs convinced that merely getting elected has imparted magical powers on them and THEY know how to run any industry, run any segment of the economy -far better than the experts who do it for a living. I wouldn't allow that skank Pelosi to mow my lawn much less take over MY health care decisions and anyone who would is a moron. The people Pelosi insults and calls "freeloaders" aren't freeloaders. They are typically young, healthy single adults with no children and at the age where no health insurance is actually a sound financial judgment. That's right -NOT having health insurance really can be a SOUND FINANCIAL JUDGMENT. The vast majority of people in this group don't NEED health care and are NOT "freeloaders" getting health care because they typically don't utilize the system AT ALL! The reason Pelosi and her cronies NEED these people to get insurance -is they are the ones they intend to stick with the bill. They NEED their MONEY whether young, healthy adults who don't utilize the system want it or not -and the expected bill for that will be $1200 a MONTH. Of course they are unlikely going to be able to afford it -and either pay a "tax" at the end of the year or forced onto Medicaid rolls. Once people have insurance, they tend to view health care as "free" and go to see doctors for things they wouldn't bother if they had to pay for it directly out of pocket. They glut the system and we know this is true from the experiences of other nations. And that forces people who actually NEED health care to wait longer to be seen and their medical condition typically worsens and becomes more difficult to treat and eventually mortality rates for conditions still dropping in this country -start to rise again. Just as they are in the UK for all sorts of things from stroke, breast and prostate cancer, complications of diabetes and on and on. People are now being denied curative treatment in the UK when government decides they just aren't worth the cost. INSURANCE does NOT equal "quality medical care". Government run health care forces government to DISCRIMINATE against its own citizens -and people like stupid skank Pelosi are itching to force our government to do so as well. The problem with government run systems is that it encourages people who don't NEED health care to overutilize the system. So you can see a doctor for "free" to tell you that you have a cold and it will go away by itself in 10-14 days. But you will be denied treatment when you NEED it and denied even if it means forcing you to endure a lower quality of life -when the entire point of health care is to restore the individual to as near normal as possible and to improve the quality of life if they can't. NOT under a government system though -it becomes bastardized to be a system that exists primarily for those who don't need it and denied at the time you need it the most. Obama OPENLY said he wanted to change it to just such a system -one that existed for the purpose of keeping HEALTHY people healthy. In spite of the fact preventative health care is a lying ass crock of shit that is impossible. Going to the doctor when healthy will NOT keep you healthy and is a provable waste of precious resources! Doctors are trained to recognize and treat disease based on YOUR symptoms and signs of disease. With the exception of just a couple of conditions like glaucoma, it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to know you are sick before YOU DO! So what is Obama REALLY saying when he said he wanted to fundamentally change our system to one that existed for the purpose of keeping healthy people healthy instead of treating sick people? FIGURE IT OUT!

In spite of liberal LIES, exaggerations and distortions -the US had the best medical system in the world, our poor, unlike the poor of the world -have free medical care paid for by the 50% who pay federal income taxes and who are getting ready to take it in the shorts big time very soon. Our system is responsible for 95% of all medical advancements which it then shares with the entire world. With no close second. Kiss it good-bye. It won't just be Americans who suffer for this but the rest of the world as well.

I bet you help propagate some of the easily dis-proven lies about the US medical system -you know bullshit like claims that 33 countries have lower infant mortality rates than the US. Do you REALLY believe that? Especially given the fact the US is the nation that leads the world in infant survival of extreme prematurity. Do you even know where that lying ass piece of shit statistic comes from? Because if you are a DOCTOR, you would know this one. All nations self report and how they determine what qualifies as part of their morbidity and mortality rates is up to them. There is not only no uniform counting method in place, there is no way of enforcing one even if it did exist and no verification. Unlike the US and a couple of other countries, it is their governments that provides these statistics, the least reliable source for it -because what government wants to "brag" about suck ass stats, huh? In the case of infant mortality rates, any child in the US who dies in the first 12 months following birth is counted as part of our infant mortality rate. Any child who takes even one breath after birth, regardless of gestational age, is counted as a live birth. So even though a child born at 20 weeks has nearly 0 chance of survival, if it takes a single breath before dying -it becomes part of our infant mortality rates. Most countries -especially in the southern hemisphere and former Soviet satellites -count deaths only in the first three months following birth, some count for six months and a couple of European countries count the first nine months. The US has the longest counting period of any nation. Many countries only count as a live birth a baby born after 30 weeks -because any child born earlier isn't going to survive in their country anyway. Most count as a live birth a child born at 26 or 28 weeks or later. Who do you think is going to have a "higher" infant mortality rate then? In reality ours is the most ACCURATE but it is NOT 34th lowest. If someone is going to have an extremely premature baby -are they going to want to have it HERE or do ya really think they figure their kid has the best shot in Singapore instead? If every nation used the identical counting period which they never will, the US would have the 1st or 2nd lowest infant mortality rate in the world. That we have the longest counting period in the world and still come in at 34 tells you everything you really need to know about our infant mortality rate.

Obamacare wasn't just poorly written, poorly thought out and rammed through against the will of the vast majority while the reprehensible details of this piece of shit monstrosity were deliberately kept from the public. It is the biggest piece of TRASH produced by Congress in decades. You have to be truly mentally impaired to believe it will ever do anything but wreak havoc across the nation -because it will. And DOCTORS were the first to realize that.

By the way, anytime you hear a Democrat insist the mandate isn't really a "tax" but a penalty or whatever, remember something. SCOTUS ruled it is ONLY Constitutional as a tax. They are trying to hide that fact but it's true -it is ONLY constitutional as a tax. So if Democrats are going to insist it isn't a tax -that means they are agreeing it isn't constitutional either. They do NOT get it both ways on this one.

obama_tax_hikes-300x191.jpg

Man you just shoveled a whole lot of BS based entirely on omissions, supposition and conjecture.

In short, small companies and business will be receiving TAX INCENTIVES to provide health insurance to their employees. The same goes for working families and individuals. Poor folk that rely on medicare would get additional help via their state gov't, who would receive federal money to help shore up medicare. Insurance companies are free to compete for your business....doctors, who seem to have had no problem with HMO's bureaucracy and red tape for the last 30 some odd years will not have any more or less paper work to deal with (and really, how many folk reading this thread no ALL the information and rules in your health insurance company's contract?).

The "penalty" that goes through your tax returns is for people who are NOT below the poverty line who REFUSE to purchase any health insurance. The penalty tax would be adjusted according to income. This is to strengthen the coffers for emergency care hospitals when these people will EVENTUALLY need health care....as well as anyone else who is poor and unemployed but needs healthcare.

What exactly is the percentage of Americans who do not need health insurance and would refuse to buy some if they could afford to? 1 to 3%? Will this "bankrupt" the country in anyway? Nope.

Ranging from those who are starting on July 1st (like me) to those who have practiced for a few years to those that have practiced for a decade.

The more experienced doctors were already making plans to leave medicine. I heard comments along the line of "this is the end of medicine." "The system is going to implode." "You will basically be working for peanuts in an environment that is going to be rife with litigation and no shields." "Your only hope is for Romney to win and get rid of this monstrosity, otherwise you should leave now."

Actually, I didn't hear any of this. I didn't hear anything good or bad about the ACA. Most people seemed unconcerned.

I believe they are unconcerned because no one knows what the true effect* of ACA is going to be. I had a good laugh at my local conservative talker guy trying to articulate what he thought this would do to patient care. He sounded like an idiot, because the things he was saying made absolutely no sense to someone familiar with patient care.

ACA could indeed be disastrous policy. It could also be great policy. I just don't know. And I don't think you, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, or Ed Schultz do either.

*Meaning the effect on health care delivery in this country and not the effect on individual tax payers in regard to cost.

I just saw this thread and have not read passed the first three posts, but I wanted to say that I hope your first couple of days on the job were super and that I wish you the best in your budding profession.

Immie

I just saw this thread and have not read passed the first three posts, but I wanted to say that I hope your first couple of days on the job were super and that I wish you the best in your budding profession.

Immie

Thanks, Immie!

My first shift for the month actually starts this afternoon. Other than that, it's been basically in processing and orientation.

Of COURSE they do! They gotta blame somebody. Insurance is a monster, and it is one that is based on a faulty business model. We cannot keep going on the road we're on.

I would love to hear what everybody else's solutions are (unless, of course, they run along the lines of 'stick 'em on an ice floe and ship 'em out to sea').

By the way, this post was in response to Intense's. Unfortunately, another member threw himself in between. ;)

There's always been State Medicaid...
Medicaid & CHIP Program Information | Medicaid.gov

Health Care

its a federal issue, not a state issue.

the states can't afford it. the federal government can.

and the burden health care places on us is a federal issue because, aside from all other issues, more than 50% of our bankruptcies are the result of unanticipated medical expenses.

With a National Debt of $16 trillion and a deficit over $1 trillion for the last 3 years, I don't think the federal government can afford it.

Just out of curiosity, were these Doctors in private practice or Hospital employees.

I am an Engineer, but I do know several Medical Doctors personally, and my daughter is a Nurse at Resurgens Orthopaedics, Georgia's largest Orthopedic Practice. We don't know a single Doctor that isn't really opposed to ACA.

Just out of curiosity, were these Doctors in private practice or Hospital employees.

I am an Engineer, but I do know several Medical Doctors personally, and my daughter is a Nurse at Resurgens Orthopaedics, Georgia's largest Orthopedic Practice. We don't know a single Doctor that isn't really opposed to ACA.

/ahem

**points up**

WOW! You must really believe that most everyone on this board is a big an idiot as you are, really.
Let's examine this a little, a very little, someone making nearly a million dollars a year is willing to give up all that money and education because they might have to work with a bill from congress. Now really.
Take your windbag bullshit somewhere else and try and sell it.
:cuckoo:

Another dipshit who couldn't be bothered to read the entire post.

And, btw, a "million dollars a year"? Really?

For someone who touts oneself as a prolific reader, you have so much to learn. Let me use your tone of response. Numbnuts.
If you think you have this great affinity for being such a researcher and you harbor nothing but the truth. Try looking up some salaries of Dr. then get back to me stupid fuck.
And while you are at it, try making up some other fucking lie that your pea-brain can concoct and give us another laugh. Moron.
See how easy it is to insult someone as stupid as you.

Most people on this thread were capable of reading the whole post before flying off the handle.

Just saying..........

I am aware of physician's salaries. There are physicians who make in the millions or million, but they are not the norm.

The nationwide median for Emergency Medicine is around the $250,000 range. More specialized physicians will make more, but even then, a million a year is high.

So maybe you should get your facts straight before going into a rage-a-thon.

AS with most people YOU have NO idea how health finances work but I do as I started a company that everyday helps at least 10,000 times a DAY health care providers know if they will be paid by Medicare! So I have access that YOU and many others don't!

The FACT is Obamacare was a tax but if Obamacare had been HONESTLY presented to the 6 votes JUST 6 that it passed by, IT would NOT have passed because most of the people that voted YES DIDN"T understand there were 21 NEW taxes being raised in Obamacare!
If they knew that some of the YES votes would have been NO!

The FACT that Obamacare will as Obama wants DESTROY 1,400 health insurance companies over time. Putting 400,000 people out of work AND eliminating over $100 billion a year in Federal/State/Local and property taxes!
Where will that $100 billion come from?

Finally MOST of those people that voted yes and I know YOU for sure think there were 50 million "uninsured"... THERE ARE NOT!!!
10 million are not citizens says the Census Bureau!
14 million are covered by Medicaid but said they were not and they are counted!
Finally now 17.5 million that for the majority NeVER added ONE cent to the $60 billion in
what hospitals call "uncompensated" services!
YET these people were counted.
So truly less then 8 million are in need of insurance... AND everyone of those doctors would agree.. One of the reason health insurance has increased more is the $600 billion a year in duplicate tests, specialist referrals anything these doctors do to protect their butts from lawsuits!
Tell you what you ask everyone of those doctors if they would favor a 10% tax on lawyers as Obamacare taxed tanning salons and the $10 billion of lawyers $100 billion income would have provided insurance for the truly UNINSURED!
They would love it!

Your a liar...plain and simple. Also, you're a liar who just parrots the same swill spewed out by the like of Drudge and Levine and Crowley and Krauthammer, Kristol, Maulkin, Limbaugh, etc., etc.

You offer NO proof of your statements. Also, you fail to mention the FACT that companies who claim they cannot afford health insurance are offered tax incentives to do so.

The AHC does NOT affect people who are below the poverty line, or the unemployed. You get a tax if you are pulling a paycheck that can afford healthcare insurance but you REFUSE TO DO SO, whether your job offers it or not....and tax is adjusted to individual incomes...which comes to less than pulling up the slack for the Bush tax cuts regarding revenue for the country.

Since neocons/teabaggers all worship at the alter of the "free market", please explain as how adding folk to insurance companies client list is going to "destroy them". I'll wait.

please explain as how adding folk to insurance companies client list is going to "destroy them". I'll wait.

ANSWER: There won't be any insurance companies!
Obama has said he prefers a SINGLE payer system!
SINGLE means ONLY ONE PAYER i.e. ONE INSURANCE PLAN!

That means as in the Federal Government.. MONEY goes in and services ceased to exist!

Insurance has ALWAYS been a bet. Insurance company through experience i.e. ratings have an idea of how much in claims the insured files and company must pay!
BUT if the insurance company HAS NO way of knowing what the risks are they are doing nothing but taking your money in and sending your money out!
No profit in that so they don't exist!
Simple as that!

So IN THEORY what ignorant people LIKE YOU were told and you believed is "simply increased the POOL!
YOU have a pool and tell EVERYONE JUMP IN and there will be no more POOL!

I know that seems a simple little kid explanation BUT THAT is the FACT!
There is a FINITE POOL of health services! EVERYONE jumps into use the services will mean everyone will no longer have ANY space (or similarly services..) to use!

Therefore there are NO more InSURANCE companies.
500,000 health insurance employees no longer working collecting unemployment!
Your local property taxes GO UP cause health insurance companies no longer paying!
YOUR Federal/state/local income taxes go up since there are no more insurance companies at a cost of $100 billion a year!
But ignorant people NEVER thought abou that!

Only a dsimple littlwe kid would buy your smoke screen as a plausible response to my challenge.

Let me clarify: I asked you to explain how the ACA adding PAYING customers to health insurance companies would "destroy them".

Instead of dealing with what is actually in the ACA, you spew forth a bunch of supposition and conjecture...which is NO substitute for FACT.

So spare us all your neocon/teabagger flunkie fantasies and BS and stick to the FACTS. Please provide us with the parts of the ACA that makes ANY of your drivel even remotely possible. I'll still be waiting.

Last edited:
I had dinner with a doctor last night and she talked about the shortage of doctors especially in her primary care field and the flood of patients coming because of this crap.

Also, the costs of medicine because lawyers can sue the shit out of doctors and hospitals over anything, another pie of shit caused by Democraps.

I brought up Democraps blocking competition between insurance companies across state lines, another example of driving up costs to destroy the system.

Once people can't see doctors or have to wait a month to see them along with increased premiums, Obamination will finally be seen as the Evil One that we on the right see today.

Stop lying, will ya please?

The ACA won't take full affect until 2014, so your "doctor" is full of shit regarding a "flood of patients"

Why not look at the astronomical cost of medical school, the deplorable conditions of our public school education re: funding from the state and fed and just the archaic way in which doctors are put through the ringer during their residencies?

Funny how medical insurance is always the culprit, yet the number of lousy doctors are defended to the death by the status quo medical (with lawyers).

And how in the hell does expanding the unregulated shennanigans of the health insurance companies across states is going to solve the problem of accessability and affordability for the working public? Or are you unaware of the testimonies of Dr. Peelo or Wendell Potter?

People are being denied what they pay for and are WAITING FOR or CANNOT OBTAIN the healthcare they need...and I'm talking about honest, hard working, frugal people.

Get your head out of Limbaugh's ass and WAKE THE HELL UP!

Forum List

Back