I wanted braunschweiger...but I will settle for...

You know the whole can of oysters you can buy at the store? Not the smoked, just the regular ones? Boiled maybe? I like to pan sear them in butter and a shot of garlic. Just spoon that stuff out like a fatty lol..

Yes many of those come from our coast. They aren't boiled, they're packed raw, and then frozen to travel.

I bread them in panko and fry them. nom.
These are cooked somehow. We might nto be thinking about the same thing.

Ooh yes I do..they've just canned. They are cooked, the canning process cooks them.

That's the kind that my bff's mom used to use to make oyster stew. And actually what I used when I worked at the Rainbow, to make oyster stew. A can of oysters, half and half, heat it up salt and pepper it. Oyster stew. People loved it.
It just hit me, but I think I might have tried that when I was a kid. Either my grandmother made it or I tried when I went to the beach with my folks.
I can picture it and almost taste it. :D

For some reason I am imagining a little bit of nutmeg? Does that make sense?

You know the whole can of oysters you can buy at the store? Not the smoked, just the regular ones? Boiled maybe? I like to pan sear them in butter and a shot of garlic. Just spoon that stuff out like a fatty lol..

Yes many of those come from our coast. They aren't boiled, they're packed raw, and then frozen to travel.

I bread them in panko and fry them. nom.
These are cooked somehow. We might nto be thinking about the same thing.

Ooh yes I do..they've just canned. They are cooked, the canning process cooks them.

That's the kind that my bff's mom used to use to make oyster stew. And actually what I used when I worked at the Rainbow, to make oyster stew. A can of oysters, half and half, heat it up salt and pepper it. Oyster stew. People loved it.
Do you make yours with heavy cream or half and half? Sorry, I saw it too late..I've also used tabel cream...Same with clam chowdah...

whenever I have a choice, I use heavy cream, and a little whole milk to thin.

But if you don't have that, half and half.

Heavy cream is always my go to. Hek, I used some last night with some garlic chicken pasta.

Heavy cream is always my go to. Hek, I used some last night with some garlic chicken pasta.
yuuuummmmm
It was good. I baked the chicken covered in garlic, olive oil and brown sugar. The pasta was garlic, butter, parsley, pepper, salt, heavy cream and cayenne
yum.
I pan fry the chicken with mushrooms and garlic then remove the chicken add cream cook until it thickens, salt pepper and add back the chicken.

yuuuummmmm
It was good. I baked the chicken covered in garlic, olive oil and brown sugar. The pasta was garlic, butter, parsley, pepper, salt, heavy cream and cayenne
yum.
I pan fry the chicken with mushrooms and garlic then remove the chicken add cream cook until it thickens, salt pepper and add back the chicken.
I stopped reading at "fungus"

yuuuummmmm
yum.
You can do it without the shrooms.

yuuuummmmm
yum.
You can do it without the shrooms.
Try the brown sugar sometime. Its different but really good. And went really good with the pasta.

I like spicy brown mustard with the big seeds. It's my fave of all the mustards.

I do like honey mustard sometimes but not always.

no salt on my tequila! :eusa_naughty:
but I will take a lemon wedge or orange slice!

I like spicy brown mustard with the big seeds. It's my fave of all the mustards.

I do like honey mustard sometimes but not always.
Honey mustard is really good on spinach salad.

I like shrimp or salmon with my spinach salad and honey mustard dressing.

Forum List

Back