Christmas dinner support group (2023-2099)

Tunafish

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2023
Starting this one early. I will be volunteering my time and contributing my annual donation and cooking for and feeding the Homeless at the local shelter.
You go ahead and talk about what YOU are doing for YOUR family. Do not be concerned about those that can't afford a meal.

Here is a Holiday Favorite

CREAMY BRAUNSCHWEIGER DIP

1 (8oz) package Braunschweiger
1 cup Sour Cream
6 Green Onions (white portion only), chopped
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
4 drops Hot Pepper Sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce

Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Or, place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer or spoon until smooth.
Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables.

Optional: diced ghost pepper

Last edited:
  • Banned

Tofu Shirataki Tuna Noodle Casserole​

Note: tofu shirataki noodles are also low in calories and can lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels in the body. Arlette has the beetus so this one would be good for her
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 carrots (chopped bite size)
  • 1 zucchini (chopped bite size)
  • 1 1/2 cup button mushrooms (chopped bite size)
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas (thawed)
  • 10.75 ounces can 98% fat free cream of mushrooms
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
  • 2 12 ounces can tuna in water (drained)
  • 2 packs House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles – Fettuccine Type
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Open the tofu shirataki noodle packages and drain using a strainer. Rinse under cold water for about 10 seconds, to remove plant root odor.
  2. In a pan over high heat, add extra virgin olive oil, garlic, carrots and zucchini and cook for 4 minutes, until vegetables have begun to soften but still yield a crunch.
  3. Add mushrooms and green peas and cook for 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are tender, mushrooms should be slightly golden brown.
  4. Add cream of mushroom soup, soy sauce and sriracha sauce an stir well until all the vegetables are coated.
  5. Add tuna and tofu shirataki noodles, and tossed until the noodles are coated. Turn the heat off.
  6. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.

• Banned
Holiday Punch
  • Orange
  • Cranberries
  • Pomegranate seeds
  • Cranberry juice
  • Orange juice
  • Pomegranate juice
  • Lemon-lime soda
  • Rosemary (for garnish)
  • Ice
  • (optional) 4 oz. Ipecac Syrup
Step 1: You can mix everything except for the soda and ice cubes ahead of time. Add the soda and ice just before serving so it doesn’t start to go flat. For best results, make sure the ingredients are cold when you mix them together so the ice lasts longer and doesn’t water down the punch.

Step 2: Add pomegranate seeds, orange slices, cranberries, and a sprig or two of rosemary to garnish (for sophistication, of course).
Step 3: Get ready! (optional)

Last edited:
Thinking now i may need to load up the family and go to the local homeless shelter to get us some free Braunschweiger dip.

• Banned
Not low in calories, ZERO calories.
thanks for trying SCATKING

Tofu Shirataki Noodles
  • Calories 21.
  • Total Fat 0g 0%
  • Saturated Fat 0g 0%
  • Trans Fat 0g.
  • Polyunsaturated Fat 0g.
  • Monounsaturated Fat 0g.
  • Cholesterol 0mg 0%
  • Sodium 7.6mg 0%
Next time try Air Noodles

Not if it was real Shirataki.
SCATKING,
Real Shirataki have calories.
97% water and 3% glucomannan fiber.
Now I know why you are interested in these noodles.
That 3% is not digestible.
The glucomannan in shirataki noodles may cause mild digestive issues, such as loose stools, bloating, and flatulence
That is what you are all about :)

Yep :itsok:

Since a typical 4-ounce (oz), or 113-g, serving of shirataki noodles contains about 1–3 g of glucomannan, it's essentially a calorie-free, carb-free food.

The hypoglycemic effects are potentially dangerous to patients with diabetes. Glucomannan has been linked in case reports to cholestatic hepatitis and occupational asthma. Minor adverse effects are normally GI related and include diarrhea, flatulence, abdominal discomfort, and bloating.

Green Bean Casserole is delicious and I highly recommend it for Christmas.
So many recipes. Use your favorite.
Consider jazzing it up with diced Reaper or Ghost Peppers.

I can post a basic Green Bean Casserole recipe if you ask me to do so.

Forum List

Back