I wanted braunschweiger...but I will settle for...

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
sourdough w/butter, goat cheese and smoked oysters.

Bon appetit.

Only mine will be bigger with sourdough instead of crackers.

mmmmm I LOVE oysters. Give me some raw ones with saltines and hot sauce. Or smoked with saltines and hot sauce. Or boiled with saltines and crackers. Or grilled with saltines and hot sauce. Or steamed with saltines and hot sauce.

I like them pan fried or broiled or smoked...nom nom nom.

I don't do the hot sauce, but Oysters Rockefeller with butter and Worcestershire is pretty good if you do it right.

I don't do the hot sauce, but Oysters Rockefeller with butter and Worcestershire is pretty good if you do it right.
I only started the hot sauce because I was addicted to raw ones. They say that helps kill any potential bacteria. I grew to love all forms of it and it just stuck lol.

You know the whole can of oysters you can buy at the store? Not the smoked, just the regular ones? Boiled maybe? I like to pan sear them in butter and a shot of garlic. Just spoon that stuff out like a fatty lol..

I only started the hot sauce because I was addicted to raw ones. They say that helps kill any potential bacteria. I grew to love all forms of it and it just stuck lol.
You turn your nose up at beautiful roasted fat but you love raw oysters!

That is just so wrong.

I'm not crazy about them raw. I don't mind them but I prefer them cooked.

My son recently got into oysters. What got him was my moms oyster dressing at thanksgiving.
I am going to take him to eat raw ones soon. <crosses fingers>

You turn your nose up at beautiful roasted fat but you love raw oysters!

That is just so wrong.

I'm not crazy about them raw. I don't mind them but I prefer them cooked.
Im am weird as hell when it comes to food. You know that lol

You know the whole can of oysters you can buy at the store? Not the smoked, just the regular ones? Boiled maybe? I like to pan sear them in butter and a shot of garlic. Just spoon that stuff out like a fatty lol..

Yes many of those come from our coast. They aren't boiled, they're packed raw, and then frozen to travel.

I bread them in panko and fry them. nom.

Its funny. Me and the wife went to the Gulf for our honeymoon. We spent more money on food than the entire rest of the trip. Condo included. I ate raw oysters at every meal(we skipped breakfast). Finally got her to try one and she kinda liked it. Asked for another one and split it open and looked in it! I could have threw the table through a window!
Aint touched em since.

Raw fresh water oysters and tequila, now there is a meal...
What is a fresh water oyster????

We have oysters in our estuary..they're the native oysters, I can't remember what they're called. But I don't think they've been called fresh water oysters.

And I am pretty sure it's illegal to harvest them, what else is new...

Yes many of those come from our coast. They aren't boiled, they're packed raw, and then frozen to travel.

These are cooked somehow. We might nto be thinking about the same thing.

Raw fresh water oysters and tequila, now there is a meal...
What is a fresh water oyster????

We have oysters in our estuary..they're the native oysters, I can't remember what they're called. But I don't think they've been called fresh water oysters.

And I am pretty sure it's illegal to harvest them, what else is new...
There are fresh water farmed oysters and salt water oysters....Salt water are more pungent in taste....

Ooh yes I do..they've just canned. They are cooked, the canning process cooks them.

That's the kind that my bff's mom used to use to make oyster stew. And actually what I used when I worked at the Rainbow, to make oyster stew. A can of oysters, half and half, heat it up salt and pepper it. Oyster stew. People loved it.

Ooh yes I do..they've just canned. They are cooked, the canning process cooks them.

That's the kind that my bff's mom used to use to make oyster stew. And actually what I used when I worked at the Rainbow, to make oyster stew. A can of oysters, half and half, heat it up salt and pepper it. Oyster stew. People loved it.
Do you make yours with heavy cream or half and half? Sorry, I saw it too late..I've also used tabel cream...Same with clam chowdah...

OMG!!

Forum List

Back