What's your favorite Tuna Salad recipe?

Mine is not satisfying, looking for something better.
It would be helpful for you to post your unsatisfying recipe so we know what not to suggest...... Just a thought......

Oh and this is my favorite "tuna salad" recipe........

0ohqer8ZOuTx.jpg

This recipe looks good.
  • 90a7355df3c927b3b6d143f8f43d994f.jpg

• 1 5-ounce can tuna, preferably packed in olive oil, drained
  • 1/2 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 cup minced celery
  • 1/4 cup minced red onion
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
MethodHide Photos

Read more: Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe | SimplyRecipes.com

Cerealously, add some minced or finely chopped dill pickle along with some pickle juice. Also diced tomato. Of course, celery and onion. Use white albacore and good quality mayo, salt, and pepper.

Canned tuna, green olives, onion if you're of the inclination, mayo to taste. A little pepper. One of my bosses fed me that at lunch once (no onions and almost zero mayo) and it converted me.

Super yummy.

Also use good bread, put on a slice of swiss, and grill it. Grilled tunafish sammiches are excellent.

There is a huge difference between regular can tuna and Albicore can tuna.
Regular can tuna has seemingly gotten more rank tasting then ever,
Albicore is not strong tasting and makes better tuna salad. Finely choprd onion or little onion powder added to tuna , maybe a little salt and pinch of celery seed, a good mayo, a small cap full of vinegar, even a small amount of tartar sauce which adds the relish to the salad.

I canned tuna one year, canned it with peppercorns in it.

Texture was nice. Still tasted like tuna. Made amazing tuna salad.

Tuna, chopped hard boiled eggs, onions, celery, Dijon, horseradish, mayo, sweet pickle relish (to balance acidity from Dijon and prepared horseradish) salt, ground black or white pepper.
All ingredients are according to your taste.

Canned tuna, green olives, onion if you're of the inclination, mayo to taste. A little pepper. One of my bosses fed me that at lunch once (no onions and almost zero mayo) and it converted me.

Super yummy.

Also use good bread, put on a slice of swiss, and grill it. Grilled tunafish sammiches are excellent.
Green peppers...not olives onions yes....generous mayo......and salt

Mine is not satisfying, looking for something better.
My cat loves tuna right out of the can.

So when he cries for it I open a can, drain the broth onto his plate, fork out half the meat for him, then with the other half I make myself a tuna sandwich.

For my sandwich I dice together some sweet pickles and some jalapeno slices, then mayo. Less filling and tastes great.

Tuna, chopped hard boiled eggs, onions, celery, Dijon, horseradish, mayo, sweet pickle relish (to balance acidity from Dijon and prepared horseradish) salt, ground black or white pepper.
All ingredients are according to your taste.
Holy sh!t !!

This sounds more like my potato salad recipe than tuna.

Forum List

Back