I thought Prison was supposed to be PUNISHMENT?

Had a friend who worked at a small town jail up in Washington state where they could order pizza and hot sandwiches from the local pizza place if they had no disciplinary problems and money on the books. But one rule was you had to share with your cellmate(s).

you shouldn't be able to order anything if u are a criminal

jail is not convicted

Doesn't matter, to even be in there means you did something wrong

Had a friend who worked at a small town jail up in Washington state where they could order pizza and hot sandwiches from the local pizza place if they had no disciplinary problems and money on the books. But one rule was you had to share with your cellmate(s).

jail is not convicted

That's what extraordinarily ignorant people think.

Explain why I never been to jail

jail is not convicted

That's what extraordinarily ignorant people think.

I don't know why anybody would object to this. The prisoners are paying with their own money that they've earned from the work they do in the jail from money put on their books by family or friends. One of the worse things about being in prison or jailis the boredom so instead of sitting around they are doing something useful.

Here in England there is a charity called The Clink which has set up restraunts attached to some prisons here. The website is Reducing Reoffending, Aiding Rehabilitation | The Clink Charity

The idea is that prisoners get trained and work as chefs and waiters in restraunts attached to prisons and people can book a table like a regular restraunt.

I got put on this scheme when I was in prison. I ended up getting a 3 year sentence and lost my job, my girlfriend and everything else over what I did. I just wanted to do my time and didn't get involved with any trouble in prison but I had no idea what I was going to do when I got out. At my prison there was a Clink restraunt and I applied to go on the course and work there. It was the best thing that could have happened to me as instead of just wasting time sitting in my cell I was doing a full time job working in the kitchens and then as a waiter lesrning new skills and began to feel like a normal person instead of a prisoner. It was strange getting to talk to and serve ordinary people instead of just being with other prisoners and guards all day. Getting on the course was a big privilege so all the lads would work hard and stay out of trouble to stay on the course. I did well on the course and coming up to being released I got interviewed by a hotel group that is part of the scheme and got offered a job in the kitchen of a hotel close where I lived.

Most people when they get out of prison have no job and try to get work can't get anything decent once they know you've been in prison so having a job to go to keeps you busy and stops you getting into trouble again. I'm doing well now and am still working in the business nearly 3 years later so it worked for me.

I don't know why anybody would object to this. The prisoners are paying with their own money that they've earned from the work they do in the jail from money put on their books by family or friends. One of the worse things about being in prison or jailis the boredom so instead of sitting around they are doing something useful.

Here in England there is a charity called The Clink which has set up restraunts attached to some prisons here. The website is Reducing Reoffending, Aiding Rehabilitation | The Clink Charity

The idea is that prisoners get trained and work as chefs and waiters in restraunts attached to prisons and people can book a table like a regular restraunt.

I got put on this scheme when I was in prison. I ended up getting a 3 year sentence and lost my job, my girlfriend and everything else over what I did. I just wanted to do my time and didn't get involved with any trouble in prison but I had no idea what I was going to do when I got out. At my prison there was a Clink restraunt and I applied to go on the course and work there. It was the best thing that could have happened to me as instead of just wasting time sitting in my cell I was doing a full time job working in the kitchens and then as a waiter lesrning new skills and began to feel like a normal person instead of a prisoner. It was strange getting to talk to and serve ordinary people instead of just being with other prisoners and guards all day. Getting on the course was a big privilege so all the lads would work hard and stay out of trouble to stay on the course. I did well on the course and coming up to being released I got interviewed by a hotel group that is part of the scheme and got offered a job in the kitchen of a hotel close where I lived.

Most people when they get out of prison have no job and try to get work can't get anything decent once they know you've been in prison so having a job to go to keeps you busy and stops you getting into trouble again. I'm doing well now and am still working in the business nearly 3 years later so it worked for me.

Who gives a duck about them being bored

Don't break the law and you won't be bored

So why the fuck are inmates in Chicago abloe to get Pizza?

Report: Chicago inmates can have pizza delivered to cell
Prison is derived from the word pentance. The idea is to transform criminals into good citizens. Beating and abusing people does not work.

80% of the inmates in Angola prison are serving life sentences without the possibility of parole. Angola prison had been averaging 40 murders a year when the new warden stepped in. His first actions were to have everyone treated as if they were created in the image of God. All people should be treated with that dignity. No swearing by prisoners or guards was allowed. People who died in prison would get wooden coffins, not the cardboard that had been used.

The next step was to create Christian seminaries in the prison to teach people how God has reached out to them so that He may always be with them. Through private funding a Christian college and several chapels were built. Inmates are free to attend as they wish.

Today there are a number of prisoners who are now ordained Pastors. Most inmates now attend the college or services. Even Muslims attend. And Angola has gone from 40 murders a year to not one since 1996.

Food?

btw, to stop sounding like a complete idiot, you may want to read the ACTUAL story.

Cook County Jail inmates can order hot pizza delivered to their cells

The fact that someone is in jail does not mean that they are a criminal. Are you too ignorant to comprehend that concept?

Well why they in JAIL? I never been to jail

Rush, and Tim Allen have.

So why the fuck are inmates in Chicago abloe to get Pizza?

Report: Chicago inmates can have pizza delivered to cell
Why the fuck shouldn't they be able to get pizza?

I've been incarcerated at the Cook County jail twice. I know what it's like from personal experience. The food sucks.

With a real pizza oven they can make some decent quality food.

you don't get options for better food when you broke the law

it's people that is not in jail who can't get pizza so why the fuck should a prisoner get one?

The fact that someone is in jail does not mean that they are a criminal. Are you too ignorant to comprehend that concept?

Well why they in JAIL? I never been to jail
When people are arrested, generally they are taken to the county jail, regardless of whether they are innocent or guilty.

Only worthless thugs get arrested

Rush and Tim Allen?

You've obviously never been in prison. It is a punishment being locked up and away from normal life and missing out on regular things. Most people get released from prison and it's better that they get to do something in prison that will help you get a job and less likely to go back. It's meant to be about rehabilitation too.

You've obviously never been in prison. It is a punishment being locked up and away from normal life and missing out on regular things. Most people get released from prison and it's better that they get to do something in prison that will help you get a job and less likely to go back. It's meant to be about rehabilitation too.

Well who gives a fuck. Don't break the fucking law

Forum List

Back