I thought Prison was supposed to be PUNISHMENT?

Had a friend who worked at a small town jail up in Washington state where they could order pizza and hot sandwiches from the local pizza place if they had no disciplinary problems and money on the books. But one rule was you had to share with your cellmate(s).

Share your booty?
The fuck are you talking about?

"one rule was you had to share with your cellmate(s)."

Piqued your interest.

So why the fuck are inmates in Chicago abloe to get Pizza?

Report: Chicago inmates can have pizza delivered to cell
Why the fuck shouldn't they be able to get pizza?

I've been incarcerated at the Cook County jail twice. I know what it's like from personal experience. The food sucks.

With a real pizza oven they can make some decent quality food.
you don't get options for better food when you broke the law

it's people that is not in jail who can't get pizza so why the fuck should a prisoner get one?
Amen to this. Jail is supposed to be punishment enough to where people don't do again what got them thrown in there in the first place. In other words, if you are in jail, considered yourself lucky that you get anything to eat at all, because jail has never once been meant to be anything like Buckingham Palace.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Ernest P. Worell thought that the food was good when he was in the slammer if that makes any difference. :D :D :D

Had a friend who worked at a small town jail up in Washington state where they could order pizza and hot sandwiches from the local pizza place if they had no disciplinary problems and money on the books. But one rule was you had to share with your cellmate(s).

you shouldn't be able to order anything if u are a criminal

jail is not convicted

Doesn't matter, to even be in there means you did something wrong

No, it means someone thinks you did something wrong.

Until proven guilty in court, you are innocent. Whether you like it or not. I could call and have you arrested for anything I want to. I could throw my lawnmower in the back of your truck while you're shopping at the mall, and call the police. They'd meet you at your truck with handcuffs and a squad car. You'd go to jail. And guess what? You'd be the same scum you speak about in your posts.

I could throw a stolen gun in the bed of your truck and report it. You'd do good time for that. Possession of a stolen handgun.....oh wow, that's good stuff.

I could throw a crack pipe in your car, and report it. Possession of drug paraphernalia.

you shouldn't be able to order anything if u are a criminal

jail is not convicted

Doesn't matter, to even be in there means you did something wrong

No, it means someone thinks you did something wrong.

Until proven guilty in court, you are innocent. Whether you like it or not. I could call and have you arrested for anything I want to. I could throw my lawnmower in the back of your truck while you're shopping at the mall, and call the police. They'd meet you at your truck with handcuffs and a squad car. You'd go to jail. And guess what? You'd be the same scum you speak about in your posts.

I could throw a stolen gun in the bed of your truck and report it. You'd do good time for that. Possession of a stolen handgun.....oh wow, that's good stuff.

I could throw a crack pipe in your car, and report it. Possession of drug paraphernalia.

Stop posting

Amen to this. Jail is supposed to be punishment enough to where people don't do again what got them thrown in there in the first place.

Wrong, jail is nothing more than confinement. Prison is punishment. Jail is for the unconvicted, prison for the convicted. If you are arrested, you are jailed. You are not punished for it as you haven't been found guilty yet. If it was punishment you couldn't bond out of it. It's simply used to confine people so they can make their next court date.

If you are found guilty and sentenced to a short period of time, then it becomes punishment. But you can't be punished for something you haven't been found guilty of. Which is why you can bond out.

I thought prison was supposed to be punishment

Well how's this for punishment?

What do you call a clairvoyant midget who has escaped from prison?
A small medium at large.

Why did the picture go to jail?
Because it was framed.

Why is Facebook like jail?
You have a profile picture, you sit around all day writing on walls, and you get poked by guys you really don't know.

Why was the parrot in prison?
Because it was a jail-bird.

Why did the belt get arrested?
Because he held up a pair of pants.

What do prisoners use to call each other?
Cell phones.

Where can you find a bunch of clowns who deserve to be in jail?
Silly Con Valley.

Police Officer: "How high are you?"
Pothead: "No officer, it's "Hi, How are you?"

What do you give prisoners for dessert?
Jaily-Beans.

What distinction does OJ hold in jail?
He's the first inmate with a retired number.

Why won't prison life be much different from playing for the Bills?
OJ will still have big guys opening holes for him.

How do you know if a prison guard is gay?
The smell of his mustache.

What do you call it when a prisoner takes his own mug shot?
A cellfie.

A prisoner was released from jail, he shouted "Yay I'm free I'm free!"
The little boy yelled "So what I'm 4 I'm 4!"

How many prison guards does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None they just beat the room for being black.

source: Prisoner Jokes - Jail Jokes

80% of the inmates in Angola prison are serving life sentences without the possibility of parole. Angola prison had been averaging 40 murders a year when the new warden stepped in. His first actions were to have everyone treated as if they were created in the image of God. All people should be treated with that dignity. No swearing by prisoners or guards was allowed. People who died in prison would get wooden coffins, not the cardboard that had been used.

The next step was to create Christian seminaries in the prison to teach people how God has reached out to them so that He may always be with them. Through private funding a Christian college and several chapels were built. Inmates are free to attend as they wish.

Today there are a number of prisoners who are now ordained Pastors. Most inmates now attend the college or services. Even Muslims attend. And Angola has gone from 40 murders a year to not one since 1996.

My Dad 'graduated' from Louisiana State Penitentiary in 1957.

He would never talk to me about it till one day he said a few things that made me understand him more. He never discussed it again.

Prisons should not be torture systems. You heal the soul and the man will emerge.

80% of the inmates in Angola prison are serving life sentences without the possibility of parole. Angola prison had been averaging 40 murders a year when the new warden stepped in. His first actions were to have everyone treated as if they were created in the image of God. All people should be treated with that dignity. No swearing by prisoners or guards was allowed. People who died in prison would get wooden coffins, not the cardboard that had been used.

The next step was to create Christian seminaries in the prison to teach people how God has reached out to them so that He may always be with them. Through private funding a Christian college and several chapels were built. Inmates are free to attend as they wish.

Today there are a number of prisoners who are now ordained Pastors. Most inmates now attend the college or services. Even Muslims attend. And Angola has gone from 40 murders a year to not one since 1996.

My Dad 'graduated' from Louisiana State Penitentiary in 1957.

He would never talk to me about it till one day he said a few things that made me understand him more. He never discussed it again.

Prisons should not be torture systems. You heal the soul and the man will emerge.

Prisoners should be able to take college classes and learn skills in prison so when they get us = they can support themselves.

Rex Stout wrote the Nero Wolfe Mysteries starting in the 1930's. In those books Goodwin was able to buy newspapers, meals, and even other minor favors in jails across the nation.

This has been the reality for generations. For punishment people are sent to prison. Jails are to detain people. Sometimes until a trial with bail denied. Sometimes for s few hours. Sometimes for a few days.

Every facility has a shop or commissary of some sort. The prisoners are able to buy personal hygiene items as well as snack foods and drinks. Now I wonder how many jail riots you would want by getting rid of these things. One of the complaints that led to the famous riot in Attaca was the prisoners were heating up soup in their cells. Soup sold by the commissary no less.

Giving the prisoners a few minor privileges based upon behavior is a good way to prevent riots. Riots which result in guards being injured, or killed. So I wonder, why do you want the guards killed? Unless you are willing to pay for super max facilities sufficient to keep every single inmate in a solitary cell you should accept that the folks running those jails are doing so trying to balance the needs of security with cost cutting demanded by the same conservatives.

Giving up your freedom and right to own anything is not "free".

Considering the scarlet letter that hangs over inmates who are released, and over 90% of all inmates will be released, would you rather they learn a trade and get a job when released, or stay homeless and turn back to crime in order to survive? Do you really care about society? Because without an education and a way to make money, they'll return to crime and possibly have another victim.

That's why it's called a "correctional" facility. Part of correcting is education.

Giving up your freedom and right to own anything is not "free".

Considering the scarlet letter that hangs over inmates who are released, and over 90% of all inmates will be released, would you rather they learn a trade and get a job when released, or stay homeless and turn back to crime in order to survive? Do you really care about society? Because without an education and a way to make money, they'll return to crime and possibly have another victim.

That's why it's called a "correctional" facility. Part of correcting is education.

When u break the law you lose your freedom

Good. But if you're going to be released why not prepare them for release which reduces recidivism? Or do you not care?

Forum List

Back