I think we all agree

The US should not try to police the world and should not engage in nation building. We should not enter foreign conflicts unless the USA or its people have been physically attacked.

Comments-------------------

Welcome to the dark side...........

"Ancient History": U.S. Conduct in the Middle East Since World War II and the Folly of Intervention | Cato Institute

http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa159.pdf

your cites are on point. What did the USA accomplish in Viet Nam? Anyone? What did those 58,000 americans die for???? How about Iraq? what did those americans die for in that shithole? Korea? Kosovo?

What has trying to police the entire world gained us? enemies in every country, dead american kids, billions of wasted dollars.

I am not advocating pacificism or isolationism. I am simply saying that we should only use military intervention when the physical assets of the USA or its people are harmed or put in danger of harm.

Well if we had held out in Vietnam, they would have accomplished quite a bit. Millions dead in North Korea, and millions alive in South Korea prove that.

Yeah, it's easy to say they died for nothing, when the leftists in our country, intentionally gave South Vietnam over to the north, causing the whole sale slaughter of millions of Vietnamese that we turned our backs on.

In fact anything that you give away the prize, you can say the lives to get it were wasted.

Now I do disagree to some extent with the nation building. We shouldn't engage in nation building at random, no. But we absolutely should when we defeat them in battle.

The reason we have Japan as a powerful ally, and economic ally, and a friendly nation, is because we helped them rebuild. I think that was wise, and good, and had good results.

The reason wars continue over and over, is because one side walks in, destroys everything, and then leaves, leaving those behind with nothing but bitterness and hatred to feed a new generation.

So if we run into Iraq, and blow everything up, yes we should help rebuild it. Absolutely.

Now the only question is, why did we go into Iraq. I still say, we had just cause to go in there, and it was the right thing to do, and I'm glad we did it. Saddam needed dealt with. He was in violation of the ceasefire up to that point, and he was a danger to the US.

Forum List

Back