I support gay marriage :-) P*R*O*B*A*T*E

JD_2B

Little Vixen
Sep 23, 2009
Nunya, Wudjathink
I support gay marriage for a multitude of reasons- none of which include the concept that being homosexual is biological or anything but a lifestyle choice..

I do support it because in any other probate situation, a person can leave insurance, the house, social security, certain jointly owned property or liquid assets- or everything, lets just say- as long as the deceased did not die intestate. (IOW they had a valid will)

In most states, there is a little leeway for gays to leave property to one another, but Virginia is not one of them. In Virginia, there is specific legal terminology that states that nobody in a committed relationship with someone of the same sex may marry, and a marriage in another state would not be recognized. The law says that no contract will be considered valid between two people of the same sex..

I think it is unfair to the gays to not be allowed to leave whatever they want to whomever they want, just because of the nature of their relationship... This means that a distant cousin can actually get the property of interest, even if that cousin was only a small part of the decedent's life, or played no part at all..

I do not see homosexuality as a natural thing- I think it is sacreligious, in fact.. but I still support gay marriage, or at the very least- civil unions- and there needs to be a massive change in how we handle probate situations for gays, in order to fulfill their last wishes in a respectful manner.

Disallowing gay marriage is not only incredibly disadvantageous to the surviving partners of the deceased, but it is also disadvantageous to the children of the surviving partner, who may be dependent on the decedent for their financial well being, also.. Often times these kids think of both adults as parents..it is such a shame..
Also- FTR: I think that it is very weird, sure- but this is not about my personal feelings about homosexuality.. or yours. Logical arguments are encouraged.. Thx

Forum List

Back