I really don't care if the founders owned slaves or not

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I see that this issue is going to be used to condemn America so I'm going to say that I don't care if Jefferson owned slaves and neither should anyone else.

I see that this issue is going to be used to condemn America so I'm going to say that I don't care if Jefferson owned slaves and neither should anyone else.
You said a founder signed a document that banned immigration into America. It was such a profoundly stupid comment, I decided to point out to you he went so far as to pay to bring "immigrants" into the country.

• Banned
You said a founder signed a document that banned immigration into America. It was such a profoundly stupid comment, I decided to point out to you he went so far as to pay to bring "immigrants" into the country.

That law existed for the first fifteen years of this country. Try reading a book every now and then dumbfuck!

Why wouldn't we want to know whether the founders had slaved or not only because it might give us a sad? Wingnuts today truly are the modern day Nonothings.

That law existed for the first fifteen years of this country. Try reading a book every now and then dumbfuck!
George Washington never banned immigration into the United States. Don't dig your hole any deeper.

• Banned

Alien and Sedition Acts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <----try reading this. It was what I was referring to.

Alien and Sedition Acts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <----try reading this. It was what I was referring to.
Great link. I especially enjoyed the part about how all immigration was banned as per a law passed by George Washington.

*note: everything in red font is completely fabricated and not included anywhere in the link

• Banned
Why wouldn't we want to know whether the founders had slaved or not only because it might give us a sad? Wingnuts today truly are the modern day Nonothings.

It isn't the fact that people know or don't know. Every history book in the United States mentions slavery up and down so ignorance of the issue isn't a issue at all. It is the fact a minor thing is blown way out of proportion in order to condemn the United States of America at every turn.

It isn't the fact that people know or don't know. Every history book in the United States mentions slavery up and down so ignorance of the issue isn't a issue at all. It is the fact a minor thing is blown way out of proportion in order to condemn the United States of America at every turn.
Imagine how many more slave-owners there would have been if Washington hadn't completely banned all human beings from entering the country for 15 years? Thanks goodness he was so wise!

:rofl:

Great link. I especially enjoyed the part about how all immigration was banned as per a law passed by George Washington.

*note: everything in red font is completely fabricated and not included anywhere in the link

I actually said I believed that was true and just introducing it as a subject but I don't see how the naturalization act didn't halt immigration whatsoever into this country considering that the sedition act allowed non-citizens or recently arrived immigrants could be deported. I'm sure that was never used whatsoever by the government.

Imagine how many more slave-owners there would have been if Washington hadn't completely banned all human beings from entering the country for 15 years? Thanks goodness he was so wise!

:rofl:

He probably didn't care because slavery was a non-issue to most people back then. It still is today.

Slavery was a minor thing?

I actually said I believed that was true and just introducing it as a subject but I don't see how the naturalization act didn't halt immigration whatsoever into this country considering that the sedition act allowed non-citizens or recently arrived immigrants could be deported. I'm sure that was never used whatsoever by the government.
Some advice for you for the future based on what I've seen from your posts: What you believe is true, has regularly proven to not be true. So double-check from now on. Actually triple check. No way you'd fuck up 3/3 times.

Yes because the number of slaves owned in those days was not as much as it was later on. It was a non-issue to most people because it was just assumed it would die out. It still is a non-issue so when someone says America should pay for its sins of slavery I can honeslty tell you I don't give a shit if a few slaves were over here.

Yes because the number of slaves owned in those days was not as much as it was later on. It was a non-issue to most people because it was just assumed it would die out. It still is a non-issue so when someone says America should pay for its sins of slavery I can honeslty tell you I don't give a shit if a few slaves were over here.
Washington inherited 10 slaves, and by the time he died had over 300. I doubt he was making plans for when "it would die out."

Some advice for you for the future based on what I've seen from your posts: What you believe is true, has regularly proven to not be true. So double-check from now on. Actually triple check. No way you'd fuck up 3/3 times.

I got some advice for you. Learn to think because just because the law didn't actually ban immigration doesn't actually mean that it didn't have an affect on it. You really are trying circumnavigate the more complex idea by disproving the not so complex statement. The law didn't actually ban immigration directly but who it kind of makes sense that if you make it harder to become a citizen and pair it with a law that allows you to deport non-citizens then wouldn't immigration be kind of stiffled to a certain degree?

You and others on the right are such whiners – you have to go so far as to make up ridiculous non-issues just so you can whine about them.

Forum List

Back