I predict unemployment will drop in the next BLS report

I predict more people will drop out of the work force! making it seem that more people are employed overall.
Whoops!!

You've obviously overshot your mark.

This isn't the "Teabaggers' Intro To Politics" site.

303.gif

If memory serves you were the idiot that stated quite clearly the accounting methods can not possibly be altered. When I pointed out they have change twice in my life time you ran off like a little girl.

You want to question me...Gain some credibility.
Your memory serves you wrong. I certainly never said any such thing, though you do have a tendency to twist things into interesting interpretations.

And how is it you still can't back up your claim of 5 million?

I am pretty sure it was you. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt because I have no intention of going back through the threads.

Now try this if you can manage a simple search.

5 million dropped from unemployment, use that as your tag then apologize asswipe.

Already did the search of the numbers and can't find anything. Now your turn. Show me the actual numbers, from a database, not some blogger or opinion piece showing "5 million dropped from unemployment" though I'm not even sure what you mean by that. No one gets "dropped" people are classified by survey response.

Your memory serves you wrong. I certainly never said any such thing, though you do have a tendency to twist things into interesting interpretations.

And how is it you still can't back up your claim of 5 million?

I am pretty sure it was you. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt because I have no intention of going back through the threads.

5 million dropped from unemployment, use that as your tag then apologize asswipe.

Already did the search of the numbers and can't find anything. Now your turn. Show me the actual numbers, from a database, not some blogger or opinion piece showing "5 million dropped from unemployment" though I'm not even sure what you mean by that. No one gets "dropped" people are classified by survey response.

99ers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was way more than 5 million.. Try 20 million decrease in our workforce over the past decade...

It was way more than 5 million.. Try 20 million decrease in our workforce over the past decade...
Your link is about Unrmployment Insursnce Benefits. Nothing to do with Unemploment level or rate...less than half the people classified as unemployed are collecting benefits (compare Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age with ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report all state and fed programs)

Oh and as for the claim of labor force drop, http://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab1.htm pick seasonally adjusted labor force and tell me the exact numbers

Last edited:
Coincidence?

Obama + dem Congress = economy going down more

Obama on the ropes + a rep House = economy slightly improving

Seems to me, we could keep obama, make the Senate a rep majority, put more reps in the House and it's choo choo, gravy train time.

That could actually make sense. The absolute best REAL economic growth we have in the last 30 years is when Clinton was POTUS (you know, the last one to preside over a balanced budget?). And that was after he raised taxes on the wealthy thus ripping to shreds the arguments and lies for Trickle Down Economics.

The gains in those years were attributed to the 1993 budget reduction act which was signed into law without ONE SINGLE R VOTE!

Good point. :clap2:

Your link is about Unrmployment Insursnce Benefits. Nothing to do with Unemploment level or rate...less than half the people classified as unemployed are collecting benefits (compare Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age with ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report all state and fed programs)

Oh and as for the claim of labor force drop, Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age pick seasonally adjusted labor force and tell me the exact numbers

Dude...

Obviously you're ignorant to how the unemployment rate is calculated..... Either that or you have the mental capacity of a 2nd grader.

Unemployment Rate = Number of Unemployed (those actively on unemployment)/ (divided by) Total Labor Force

Oh and as for the claim of labor force drop, Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age pick seasonally adjusted labor force and tell me the exact numbers

Dude...

Obviously you're ignorant to how the unemployment rate is calculated..... Either that or you have the mental capacity of a 2nd grader.

Unemployment Rate = Number of Unemployed (those actively on unemployment)/ (divided by) Total Labor Force

Nope, unemployed is defined as actively looking for work. Employment Situation Technical Note
Receipt or eligibility of benefits has NEVER been a factor. I

I like how you flat out ignored the links that showed unemployment for the rate and benefits aren't even close.

Dude...

Nope, unemployed is defined as actively looking for work. Employment Situation Technical Note

I like how you flat out ignored the links that showed unemployment for the rate and benefits aren't even close.

So those 80,000 people who just lost there unemployment they employed now?

why do you keep refusing to answer?

You wanted the Consumer confidence numbers. I gave them, then you posted something other than what you asked for "the Leading Economic Index." I don't think you liked the numbers from the Consumer Confidence Index so you moved the goal post closer to you. Do you accept the Consumer Confidence Index numbers which after all that was what you asked for.

you just refuse to accept the validity of numbers you have just claimed support your arguement.

WHY?

You know what a better indicator of what is going right in the individual Americans lives?

The consumer confidence number.

You see if a family has someone who stops looking for work and yet still sees improvement in their lives then dropping of the unemployment rolls could be a possitive thing in their lives huh?

When a family member decides they DONT have to work so that family can live a comfortable life then that isnt bad is it.

How do you sus that out?

Consumer confidence numbers.

How are those numbers doing now?

I made my belief in them clear long ago

The reason i suspect you do this is so you can deny any postive movement in those numbers in the future (well aslong as a democratic president is in office anyway).

Obama, the Twenty First Century's Flim Flam man. Unemployment! Now you see it! Now you don't!

They're cooking the books down at BLS as we speak, bigreb. Its all about Obama's 'Fundamental Transformation Of America', yano! He's already got your yoke all measured out and fitted, customized just for you.

The destruction of capitalism and implementation of the authoritarian government is almost an art form.

That's what......

.....huh?

handjob.gif

why do you keep refusing to answer?

You wanted the Consumer confidence numbers. I gave them, then you posted something other than what you asked for "the Leading Economic Index." I don't think you liked the numbers from the Consumer Confidence Index so you moved the goal post closer to you. Do you accept the Consumer Confidence Index numbers which after all that was what you asked for.

you just refuse to accept the validity of numbers you have just claimed support your arguement.

WHY?

What in the fuck are you talking about? It seems you don't want to accept what you first asked for. You asked for the Consumer Confidence Index, I posted the information. Shortly after that you posted "the Leading Economic Index" Which is not what you asked for. So you accept the information you asked for first?

where did I say I didnt accept them?

will you accept them as good indicators in the future wether they bolster your personal beliefs or not?

its a simple question of yes or no.

Do you accept them as good indications of an economys direction?

Dude...

Of course not. Assuming they're still looking for work, they're unemployed. If they stop looking they'll be not in the labor force. If they die, go to jail, join the military, get committed, or leave the country they'll be out of the population.

Dude...

WTF is wrong with you?

No - the statisticians and our government define those "actively looking for work" via those actively on unemployment...

I suppose acknowledging that is step 1...

"Active job seekers" are those who are currently receiving unemployment....

You know what a better indicator of what is going right in the individual Americans lives?

The consumer confidence number.

You see if a family has someone who stops looking for work and yet still sees improvement in their lives then dropping of the unemployment rolls could be a possitive thing in their lives huh?

When a family member decides they DONT have to work so that family can live a comfortable life then that isnt bad is it.

How do you sus that out?

Consumer confidence numbers.

How are those numbers doing now?

I made my belief in them clear long ago

No you haven't you asked for Consumer confidence numbers I posted them you made no comment towards those numbers, but posted a link to The Conference Board Leading Economic Index which was not what you asked for. And now you are asking me if I accept those numbers as a good indicator. I want to know which one are you talking about?
Consumer confidence Index
or
The Conference Board Leading Economic Index

If you aren't talking about the Consumer confidence Index why are you back peddling?

Of course not. Assuming they're still looking for work, they're unemployed. If they stop looking they'll be not in the labor force. If they die, go to jail, join the military, get committed, or leave the country they'll be out of the population.

Stop it. If they are no longer getting a check the government can't keep track of them,. I bet unemployment rate will drop next BLS.

I will note this thread the next time you claim consumer confidence numbers mean nothing.

Forum List

Back