I predict unemployment will drop in the next BLS report

I have heard on National News networks that there are Big Biz not hiring to make it tough on Obama's re election chances. We all saw the oil companys play ball with the BUFFOON gw bush's party before the 2008 election by dropping gas prices for no apparent reason.Today we see those same oil company's raising prices before the 2012 election for no apparent reason except helping repukes during this election.

That is one of the dumbest assertions I have ever heard.

It shows how clueless progressives really are.

The objective of every business is to grow... However, Obama is making it extremely difficult for the small business to grow.

That's right I say unemployment will drop again. But is it a good thing?

Unemployment agency extending hours | michigan, agency, unemployment - WWMT NEWSCHANNEL 3

Alright, how many are they going to drop this time? we currently have approx 5 million people dropped.

No we don't. And you have no actual data to back you up. You'll just cite some blog or opinion piece and not hard numbers. Well, if you try to back it up at all, but if you start to look and see that the Labor Force is larger now than pre-recession, you'll give up.
Yes we do and thanks for playing.

I suggest you get up to speed.

LEI for U.S. Increases Again | The Conference Board

Press Release / News

LEI for U.S. Increases Again

17 February, 2012
Please download related PDFs on the upper right corner of this page.
The Conference Board Leading Economic Index® (LEI) for the U.S. increased 0.4 percent in January to 94.9 (2004 = 100), following a 0.5 percent increase in December and a 0.3 percent increase in November.

Said Ataman Ozyildirim, economist at The Conference Board: “This fourth consecutive gain in the LEI reflected fairly widespread strength among its components, pointing to somewhat more positive economic conditions in early 2012. The LEI’s increase in January was led not only by improving financial and credit indicators, but also rising average workweek in manufacturing. These both offset consumers’ outlook about the economy, which remained pessimistic, though slightly less so. Meanwhile, the CEI rose again in January as employment, income, and sales data all point to improving current economic conditions despite a lack of contribution from industrial production.”

So you move the goal post when you did not get the desired information you were looking for. You asked for Consumer confidence numbers.
I gave them

The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index®, which had increased in December, retreated in January. The Index now stands at 61.1 (1985=100), down from 64.8 in December. The Present Situation Index declined to 38.4 from 46.5. The Expectations Index edged down to 76.2 from 77.0 in December.

Consumer Confidence Index® | The Conference Board
You know what a better indicator of what is going right in the individual Americans lives?

The consumer confidence number.

You see if a family has someone who stops looking for work and yet still sees improvement in their lives then dropping of the unemployment rolls could be a possitive thing in their lives huh?

When a family member decides they DONT have to work so that family can live a comfortable life then that isnt bad is it.

How do you sus that out?

Consumer confidence numbers.

How are those numbers doing now?

Does that mean you will agree to accept them as a good economic indicator?

Last edited:
If it is true that business is not hiring or expanding specifically to affect obama's reelection. GOOD.

Alright, how many are they going to drop this time? we currently have approx 5 million people dropped.

No we don't. And you have no actual data to back you up. You'll just cite some blog or opinion piece and not hard numbers. Well, if you try to back it up at all, but if you start to look and see that the Labor Force is larger now than pre-recession, you'll give up.

Yep, as I predicted, you didn't even try to back it up.

See here's where you're confused, non-farm payroll jobs are down by around 5 million, but that's not "dropped" and has nothing to do with the UE rate. (2 different surveys.

If it is true that business is not hiring or expanding specifically to affect obama's reelection. GOOD.

Agreed, but it's not true.

I love how leftists imply successful people are greedy - yet will then turn around and imply they wont grow their business out of spite for Obama.

See here's where you're confused, non-farm payroll jobs are down by around 5 million, but that's not "dropped" and has nothing to do with the UE rate. (2 different surveys.

If memory serves you were the idiot that stated quite clearly the accounting methods can not possibly be altered. When I pointed out they have change twice in my life time you ran off like a little girl.

You want to question me...Gain some credibility.

Coincidence?

Obama + dem Congress = economy going down more

Obama on the ropes + a rep House = economy slightly improving

Seems to me, we could keep obama, make the Senate a rep majority, put more reps in the House and it's choo choo, gravy train time.

That could actually make sense. The absolute best REAL economic growth we have in the last 30 years is when Clinton was POTUS (you know, the last one to preside over a balanced budget?). And that was after he raised taxes on the wealthy thus ripping to shreds the arguments and lies for Trickle Down Economics.

Coincidence?

Seems to me, we could keep obama, make the Senate a rep majority, put more reps in the House and it's choo choo, gravy train time.

That could actually make sense. The absolute best REAL economic growth we have in the last 30 years is when Clinton was POTUS (you know, the last one to preside over a balanced budget?). And that was after he raised taxes on the wealthy thus ripping to shreds the arguments and lies for Trickle Down Economics.

To make that claim you must use all of the indicators.

You conveniently left out the bubble.

If memory serves you were the idiot that stated quite clearly the accounting methods can not possibly be altered. When I pointed out they have change twice in my life time you ran off like a little girl.

Your memory serves you wrong. I certainly never said any such thing, though you do have a tendency to twist things into interesting interpretations.

And how is it you still can't back up your claim of 5 million?

Coincidence?

The gains in those years were attributed to the 1993 budget reduction act which was signed into law without ONE SINGLE R VOTE!

Your memory serves you wrong. I certainly never said any such thing, though you do have a tendency to twist things into interesting interpretations.

And how is it you still can't back up your claim of 5 million?

I am pretty sure it was you. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt because I have no intention of going back through the threads.

Now try this if you can manage a simple search.

5 million dropped from unemployment, use that as your tag then apologize asswipe.

It is all about lying about what is and is not meant by the supposed unemployment numbers.

The question to ask is how many as a percent were employed BEFORE Obama took over and how many NOW as a percent are employed.
I think most-people underestimated Lil' Dumbya's ability to totally fuck-things-UP!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y04g6OPLnQ]Obama Dismantles Republican Caucus Part 1 of 7 - YouTube[/ame]​

Press Release / News

17 February, 2012
The Conference Board Leading Economic Index® (LEI) for the U.S. increased 0.4 percent in January to 94.9 (2004 = 100), following a 0.5 percent increase in December and a 0.3 percent increase in November.

Said Ataman Ozyildirim, economist at The Conference Board: “This fourth consecutive gain in the LEI reflected fairly widespread strength among its components, pointing to somewhat more positive economic conditions in early 2012. The LEI’s increase in January was led not only by improving financial and credit indicators, but also rising average workweek in manufacturing. These both offset consumers’ outlook about the economy, which remained pessimistic, though slightly less so. Meanwhile, the CEI rose again in January as employment, income, and sales data all point to improving current economic conditions despite a lack of contribution from industrial production.”

So you move the goal post when you did not get the desired information you were looking for. You asked for Consumer confidence numbers.
I gave them

You know what a better indicator of what is going right in the individual Americans lives?

You see if a family has someone who stops looking for work and yet still sees improvement in their lives then dropping of the unemployment rolls could be a possitive thing in their lives huh?

When a family member decides they DONT have to work so that family can live a comfortable life then that isnt bad is it.

How do you sus that out?

Does that mean you will agree to accept them as a good economic indicator?

please answer my reasonable question.

Press Release / News

17 February, 2012

I gave them

How do you sus that out?

Does that mean you will agree to accept them a good economic indicator?
Do you?
The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index®, which had increased in December, retreated in January. The Index now stands at 61.1 (1985=100), down from 64.8 in December. The Present Situation Index declined to 38.4 from 46.5. The Expectations Index edged down to 76.2 from 77.0 in December.

Obama, the Twenty First Century's Flim Flam man. Unemployment! Now you see it! Now you don't!

They're cooking the books down at BLS as we speak, bigreb. Its all about Obama's 'Fundamental Transformation Of America', yano! He's already got your yoke all measured out and fitted, customized just for you.

why do you keep refusing to answer?

You wanted the Consumer confidence numbers. I gave them, then you posted something other than what you asked for "the Leading Economic Index." I don't think you liked the numbers from the Consumer Confidence Index so you moved the goal post closer to you. Do you accept the Consumer Confidence Index numbers which after all that was what you asked for.

Obama, the Twenty First Century's Flim Flam man. Unemployment! Now you see it! Now you don't!

They're cooking the books down at BLS as we speak, bigreb. Its all about Obama's 'Fundamental Transformation Of America', yano! He's already got your yoke all measured out and fitted, customized just for you.

The destruction of capitalism and implementation of the authoritarian government is almost an art form.

Our government does a damn good job selling their lies to the people...

They're all nothing more than a bunch of used car salesmans..

Hell, ironically the taxpayers funded a cash for clunkers program, so I suppose they are just that....

Forum List

Back