I predict unemployment will drop in the next BLS report

quit making things up, you're embarrassing yourself. I already gave links showing you're wrong.

deflect when proven to be an idiot

No deflection. I gave the links. You refused to read them. If you had, you would have seen nothing to confirm your claim (and you still haven't even tried to support your BS claim) and specific wording refuting it.

Are you delusional or just retarded?

You didn't provide me with ANY LINKS, OR CITATIONS....

Are you delusional or just retarded?

You didn't provide me with ANY LINKS, OR CITATIONS....

I didn't? Oh, wait, yes I did. In three different posts. and you responded to all but the last one, though that was just duplicating the links I already gave.

You responded to my posts where I gave links, but now you deny I ever made links. And you call ME delusionaL???? Here are the posts, with links, again. I'll edit to show where the links are

Your link is about Unrmployment Insursnce Benefits. Nothing to do with Unemploment level or rate...less than half the people classified as unemployed are collecting benefits (compare THE NEXT WORDS ARE A LINK Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age with THE NEXT WORDS ARE A LINK ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report all state and fed programs)

Oh and as for the claim of labor force drop, THE NEXT WORDS ARE A LINK Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age pick seasonally adjusted labor force and tell me the exact numbers

Nope, unemployed is defined as actively looking for work. THE NEXT WORDS ARE A LINK Employment Situation Technical Note
Receipt or eligibility of benefits has NEVER been a factor. I

I like how you flat out ignored the links that showed unemployment for the rate and benefits aren't even close.

From THE NEXT WORDS ARE A LINK Employment Situation Technical Note (a link I already gave) we see that
People are classified as unemployed if they meet all of the following criteria: they had no employment during the reference week; they were available for work at that time; and they made specific efforts to find employment sometime during the 4-week period ending with the reference week. Persons laid off from a job and expecting recall need not be looking for work to be counted as unemployed. The unemployment data derived from the household survey in no way depend upon the eligibility for or receipt of unemployment insurance benefits.
(emphasis mine).

So your claim that only people collecting benefits are classified as "looking" is false, though I'm curious as to how you got that ridiculous idea. If you had done any research at all you would have seen it was wrong.

Further proof....from THE NEXT WORDS ARE A LINK Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age we see that the not seasonally adjusted number of Unemployed was 13,541,000 for January 2012, with the reference week 8-14 Jan. Turning to the DOL news release on UI claims THE NEXT WORDS ARE A LINK News Release we see that for the week ending Jan 14, the total number of people receiving benefits from Federal and State programs was 7,655,223 (ok I was mistaken, it's a little more than half) But what's your answer for the discrepancy? It seems clear to anyone with a 1st grade education that the larger number means they're including more than just the smaller number.

So that's three links, posted more than once. A quotation with the definition proving you wrong clearly noted.

You have nothing to support your claim. I don't even know where you got the idea.

That's right I say unemployment will drop again. But is it a good thing?

This coming weekend around 80,000 people in Michigan are set to lose their jobless benefits, so the Michigan Unemployment Agency is offering extended hours to help people with questions.
Unemployment agency extending hours | michigan, agency, unemployment - WWMT NEWSCHANNEL 3

Alright, how many are they going to drop this time? we currently have approx 5 million people dropped.
You got nailed on this LIE in another thread, and like a typical dishonest CON$ervative, you run to another thread to spew the same LIE again. :eusa_liar:

The labor force increased by over 100,000 since Obama became president.

Its the ame old tired rightwing bullshit arguments revived time after time, isn't it?

How many times do these morons need to have the unemployment statistic methodology explained?

That was a rhetorical question.

These know-nothings are entirely FAITH-BASED imbeciles for whom empiricle data is merely an annoyance.

Thank GOD for the ignore feature.
As long as you moron of the left( and do not fucking say you aren't) keep saying your bullshit about who is and is not unemployed you will continue to hear it. Here's how we can gauge this. If the next BLS shows a drop in unemployment that is how obama's labor department does it.

of course not. Assuming they're still looking for work, they're unemployed. If they stop looking they'll be not in the labor force. If they die, go to jail, join the military, get committed, or leave the country they'll be out of the population.

stop it. If they are no longer getting a check the government can't keep track of them,. I bet unemployment rate will drop next bls.

yes, they can....it's called a statistical survey and you've been provided many links about it. You've even been shown that gallup's independent survey matches the bls survey within the respective margins of error.

ok you used gallop gallop showed a 1% difference higher than obama's labor department numbers.

From Employment Situation Technical Note (a link I already gave) we see that
People are classified as unemployed if they meet all of the following criteria: they had no employment during the reference week; they were available for work at that time; and they made specific efforts to find employment sometime during the 4-week period ending with the reference week. Persons laid off from a job and expecting recall need not be looking for work to be counted as unemployed. The unemployment data derived from the household survey in no way depend upon the eligibility for or receipt of unemployment insurance benefits.
(emphasis mine).

So your claim that only people collecting benefits are classified as "looking" is false, though I'm curious as to how you got that ridiculous idea. If you had done any research at all you would have seen it was wrong.

Further proof....from Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age we see that the not seasonally adjusted number of Unemployed was 13,541,000 for January 2012, with the reference week 8-14 Jan. Turning to the DOL news release on UI claims News Release we see that for the week ending Jan 14, the total number of people receiving benefits from Federal and State programs was 7,655,223 (ok I was mistaken, it's a little more than half) But what's your answer for the discrepancy? It seems clear to anyone with a 1st grade education that the larger number means they're including more than just the smaller number.

How do you know these surveys are answered truthfully? Have you ever taken one of those survey's or have you ever known anyone that took one?

This coming weekend around 80,000 people in Michigan are set to lose their jobless benefits, so the Michigan Unemployment Agency is offering extended hours to help people with questions.

Unemployment agency extending hours | michigan, agency, unemployment - WWMT NEWSCHANNEL 3

Of course it is going to drop, it's an election year, they will figure out some way to prop the numbers up, even if it's only for a few months.

Of course it is going to drop, it's an election year, they will figure out some way to prop the numbers up, even if it's only for a few months.
And yet no one in 70 years has ever shown any wrong doing from BLS.

stop it. If they are no longer getting a check the government can't keep track of them,. I bet unemployment rate will drop next bls.

yes, they can....it's called a statistical survey and you've been provided many links about it. You've even been shown that gallup's independent survey matches the bls survey within the respective margins of error.

ok you used gallop gallop showed a 1% difference higher than obama's labor department numbers.
Actually when comparing the SAME month and the SAME unadjusted numbers, Gallup is LOWER than BLS.

Gallup unadjusted Jan 2012 rate 8.6%

U.S. Unemployment Up, to 8.6% in January

BLS unadjusted Jan 2012 rate 8.8%

Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

I predict that the unemployment rate will continue to drop and that the rightwing will continue to whine......But that doesn't include people who have dropped out of the workforce!

Even though that number has dropped to a three year low also

From Employment Situation Technical Note (a link I already gave) we see that
(emphasis mine).

Further proof....from Table A-1. Employment status of the civilian population by sex and age we see that the not seasonally adjusted number of Unemployed was 13,541,000 for January 2012, with the reference week 8-14 Jan. Turning to the DOL news release on UI claims News Release we see that for the week ending Jan 14, the total number of people receiving benefits from Federal and State programs was 7,655,223 (ok I was mistaken, it's a little more than half) But what's your answer for the discrepancy? It seems clear to anyone with a 1st grade education that the larger number means they're including more than just the smaller number.

How do you know these surveys are answered truthfully? Have you ever taken one of those survey's or have you ever known anyone that took one?
Why would people lie to a Census worker about "Did you work?" Of course there are errors, sample and non-sample errors, but they're not bad and really, what's the alternative? You can't do a full census every month. How else are you going to get the UE data except through a survey?

Actually when comparing the SAME month and the SAME unadjusted numbers, Gallup is LOWER than BLS.

Gallup unadjusted Jan 2012 rate 8.6%

U.S. Unemployment Up, to 8.6% in January

BLS unadjusted Jan 2012 rate 8.8%

Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

Actually no the last Gallop poll showed unemployment at 9.1 remember it was they daily poll you bitched about.

I predict that the unemployment rate will continue to drop and that the rightwing will continue to whine......But that doesn't include people who have dropped out of the workforce!

Even though that number has dropped to a three year low also

You are right at least 80,000 are no longer unemployed.

And yet no one in 70 years has ever shown any wrong doing from BLS.

Does that negate that the government controls the collection and release of the numbers?

CBO: Longest Period of High Unemployment Since Great Depression
After three years with unemployment topping 8 percent, the U.S. has seen the longest period of high unemployment since the Great Depression, the Congressional Budget Office noted in a report issued today.
And, despite some recent good news on the economic front, the CBO is still predicting that unemployment will remain above 8 percent until 2014. The report also notes that, including those who haven't sought work in the past four weeks and those who are working part-time but seeking full-time employment, the unemployment rate would be 15 percent.

CBO: Longest Period of High Unemployment Since Great Depression - US News and World Report

After three years with unemployment topping 8 percent, the U.S. has seen the longest period of high unemployment since the Great Depression, the Congressional Budget Office noted in a report issued today.
And, despite some recent good news on the economic front, the CBO is still predicting that unemployment will remain above 8 percent until 2014. The report also notes that, including those who haven't sought work in the past four weeks and those who are working part-time but seeking full-time employment, the unemployment rate would be 15 percent.

CBO: Longest Period of High Unemployment Since Great Depression - US News and World Report
But you don't believe that's true. You've been saying for a while the numbers are lies, so you must also believe it's a lie about the length of unemployment. I'm not sure why you think Obama would allow such numbers to be released.

This of course supports my position.

But you don't believe that's true. You've been saying for a while the numbers are lies, so you must also believe it's a lie about the length of unemployment. I'm not sure why you think Obama would allow such numbers to be released.

I'm just posting it. Did I make a comment?

You know what a better indicator of what is going right in the individual Americans lives?

The consumer confidence number.

You see if a family has someone who stops looking for work and yet still sees improvement in their lives then dropping of the unemployment rolls could be a possitive thing in their lives huh?

When a family member decides they DONT have to work so that family can live a comfortable life then that isnt bad is it.

How do you sus that out?

Consumer confidence numbers.

How are those numbers doing now?

When a family member decides they DONT have to work so that family can live a comfortable life then that isnt bad is it.

Sounds like a Democrat buying into Nancy Pelosi's voo doo economics...
I remember Nancy saying that collecting an unemployment check was better for the economy...

I would have thought having a job was better for a family.But hey that's just me.!!! :eusa_shhh:

I'm just curious to see what spin you put on it.

Easy for me to respond... The situation is pretty bad.

You, on the other hand have s tougher job.

I'm just curious to see what spin you put on it.

Easy for me to respond... The situation is pretty bad.

You, on the other hand have s tougher job.

I wouldn't even try to spin it has bad as obama's labor department would do.

Forum List

Back