I noticed that most women are unable to be serious when talking about serious news on TV

Most of the changes have been favored by the majority. Certainly the ones dealing with equality were.

But feel free to leave, if you can. lol

The Majority Opinion is not a criteria I have a use for. Right and Wrong is.

I wish I could leave. Unfortunately the better option (Iran, Saudi Arabia Arabia, etc...) either have religious tests for citizenship or just don't like former Americans.

Right & wrong? Bullshit. You want people who are poor to stay poor and you think that is about Right & Wrong? Bullshit

You want the population to remain uneducated and have no access to information systems, and you think that is about Right & Wrong? Bullshit

You want to restrict people from traveling and claim that is about Right & Wrong? Bullshit.

Most of the changes have been favored by the majority. Certainly the ones dealing with equality were.

But feel free to leave, if you can. lol

The Majority Opinion is not a criteria I have a use for. Right and Wrong is.

I wish I could leave. Unfortunately the better option (Iran, Saudi Arabia Arabia, etc...) either have religious tests for citizenship or just don't like former Americans.

I find it amusing that you act like you want to get back to something you never actually experienced. You are what, in your mid 40s? The changes that bother you so happened long before you would have experienced what went on before. Other than watching Ozzie & Harriet, you have no idea what went on and how life was.

I find it amusing that you act like you want to get back to something you never actually experienced. You are what, in your mid 40s? The changes that bother you so happened long before you would have experienced what went on before. Other than watching Ozzie & Harriet, you have no idea what went on and how life was.

Ozzie and Harriet? Nah. More like George and Martha or even further back, if I had my way.

....... and claim that is about Right & Wrong? Bullshit.

I believe that Right and Wrong are clearly defined, unchanging concepts and have been so since they were first put into practice at the beginning of human civilization.

I agree that there are things that have been Right or Wrong since the beginning. Murder is wrong. Helping your neighbor is right.

But your insistence that people not have access to information or education is wrong.

The idea that a person born poor (lower class) should not be allowed to rise to higher social levels through their own hard work and dedication, is wrong.

The idea that the masses should be controlled by limiting their information and not allowing them to travel is wrong.

And the idea that women should not be allowed to be independent and to chart their own lives, as men do, is absolutely wrong.

And the worst part is that you have no actual reasons for such things except that is the way it used to be done. The fact that it was done one way in the past does not mean it must always be done that way. Your ideas are anti-progress and destroys the future.

No, you may as well get used to being miserable. You see that as your lot in life. The rest of us see it as a failure. I, personally, live a happy and fulfilling life. As does my spouse.

Ozzie and Harriet? Nah. More like George and Martha or even further back, if I had my way.

So you fantasize about how things were and think that is so much better. In other words, you waste your life yearning for something that may or may not have actually existed. The further back you go, the less actual knowledge we have of the details of daily life. And whatever TV shows you watched about it were probably grossly inaccurate.

.....And the worst part is that you have no actual reasons for such things except that is the way it used to be done. The fact that it was done one way in the past does not mean it must always be done that way. Your ideas are anti-progress and destroys the future.

No, you may as well get used to being miserable. You see that as your lot in life. The rest of us see it as a failure. I, personally, live a happy and fulfilling life. As does my spouse.

Yes, my viewpoint is anti-progress. I see every day what progress brings,with it, and it disgusts me to the core. The Past is our example for today and the future is none of my concern, since I won't be here to experience it.

Enjoy yourselves on this side of Eternity, for you may not find it so comfortable on the other.

So you fantasize about how things were and think that is so much better. In other words, you waste your life yearning for something that may or may not have actually existed. The further back you go, the less actual knowledge we have of the details of daily life. And whatever TV shows you watched about it were probably grossly inaccurate.

As a student of history I am well aware of what do and don't know about those times. What I can say with relative certainty is that in any age other than this one I wouldn't have lived to see my fifth birthday. Yet I still long for those bygone eras.

As a student of history I am well aware of what do and don't know about those times. What I can say with relative certainty is that in any age other than this one I wouldn't have lived to see my fifth birthday. Yet I still long for those bygone eras.

Oh, you are a student of history?

Funny, you don't seem to be willing to accept the same restrictions for yourself that you want for others.

You study history, and yet want others to be unable to study.
You worked and built your life, but do not want others to be able to do the same.
You have a wife from a very long distance away, but don't want others to be able to travel long distances.
You want what you want, but refuse to accept what anyone else wants.

This is called being a hypocrite.

.....And the worst part is that you have no actual reasons for such things except that is the way it used to be done. The fact that it was done one way in the past does not mean it must always be done that way. Your ideas are anti-progress and destroys the future.

Yes, my viewpoint is anti-progress. I see every day what progress brings,with it, and it disgusts me to the core. The Past is our example for today and the future is none of my concern, since I won't be here to experience it.

Enjoy yourselves on this side of Eternity, for you may not find it so comfortable on the other.

I have never claimed our progress is perfect. But it beats the alternative. We eat better, are healthier, live longer, know more, and are able to do more with our lives than ever before in history. And that disgusts you?

You live for your misery. You don't know what Love means. You dislike sex. You hate the world. And yet, somehow, you think that is how things should be. You are pathetic.

I have no fear of the other side. I am in no hurry to get there. But I do not fear it. When I stand before whatever Judge awaits me, I will be happy to answer for my life and my choices. I have made mistakes and poor choices on occasion. But far more often, I have helped others. I have been generous to those in need. I have helped those who needed it. I have defended those who were downtrodden. I have shared knowledge with many. If those are not things valued by whomever is judging me, then their approval for eternity is worthless.

But most of all, I have made the best use of the gifts I have been given. I have not wasted them. THAT, in my opinion, is the key.

You study history, and yet want others to be unable to study.
You worked and built your life, but do not want others to be able to do the same.
You have a wife from a very long distance away, but don't want others to be able to travel long distances.
You want what you want, but refuse to accept what anyone else wants.

This is called being a hypocrite.

I study because my enemies are stupid enough to allow me the ability to find the tools to destroy them. I would not make the same mistake in their place.

I work because I have bills to pay and a family to support. That is the place of a Man in Society. I don't "get ahead". I do well enough to meet our needs and that's about it. I have no desire to ascend the Corporate or Social ladder.

I have a wife whose family was from a long distance away three generations ago. She was born in Manhattan and lived there until moving to Massachusetts when she was 14. We met while living less than 10 miles apart in the central part of Massachusetts.

I don't really want anything. At times I pray for death, but that prayer has gone unanswered so far.

I have never claimed our progress is perfect. But it beats the alternative. We eat better, are healthier, live longer, know more, and are able to do more with our lives than ever before in history. And that disgusts you?

Yes it does disgust me. I find it pathetic that we have so little honor or faith in our ancestors that we choose to not just ignore, but actively abandon the way they taught us to live. I find that horrifying.

You live for your misery. You don't know what Love means. You dislike sex. You hate the world. And yet, somehow, you think that is how things should be. You are pathetic.

No, I live IN my misery. I accept it as part of my journey through the labyrinth of life. Love does not exist, it's a lie. Sex has its place, nothing more. I hate this world, not the world that should be. The one where my misery would have been short and my death swift, if incredibly painful.

I have no fear of the other side. I am in no hurry to get there. But I do not fear it. When I stand before whatever Judge awaits me, I will be happy to answer for my life and my choices. I have made mistakes and poor choices on occasion. But far more often, I have helped others. I have been generous to those in need. I have helped those who needed it. I have defended those who were downtrodden. I have shared knowledge with many. If those are not things valued by whomever is judging me, then their approval for eternity is worthless.

But most of all, I have made the best use of the gifts I have been given. I have not wasted them. THAT, in my opinion, is the key.

That is an honorable viewpoibt. Not one I agree with, but honorable none the less.

Most women are just plain liars if they are not doing us.

Almost makes me want to find, girlenemies, to keep them closer than my girlfriends.

"Most women are just plain liars if they are not doing us"??? What the hell does that mean? They are only truthful when they are doing you?

I take women the most serious, when we are making a good connection.

That is not quite what you said, is it? You claimed that women are liars unless they are doing you.

Why should a woman make a "good connection" connection with you when your only concern is your own wants? You obviously have no respect for a woman other than as a potential sex partner.

Forum List

Back