I need help! If you BBQ please read this

Holy shit Gramps:

228183_400X400.jpg

You've advanced into the future! :eek:
I just wanted to attachments that I'll likely never use lol. I got a really cool center attachment that takes a lot of attachments. Got a cool wok that I'll show off but never use among other things.
It was either 2k for an EGG or a few hundred for this. Egg looked way to small for all the grilling & smoking I do. Having the same problem on the webber now though. Miss my second shelf & side heat box

What is the best method for cooking ribs on a large webber grill? I am used to a barrel smoker but tomorrow I'm going to attempt a couple slabs on my new webber
Better question:

Why would you cook ribs on a gas grill when you have a smoker?
Webber isn't gas. And I only use enough charcoal to light the wood chunks

Oh, I thought it was a gas grill too! What kind of ribs? Baby back ribs?
Yes. And some italian sausage too!

Dry or wet rub?

200.gif

What is the best method for cooking ribs on a large webber grill? I am used to a barrel smoker but tomorrow I'm going to attempt a couple slabs on my new webber
Better question:

Dry or wet rub?
Dry rub with a bit of sauce with 5 minutes to go. We have a rub here in KC called FatBoy. Good stuff

Better question:

Dry or wet rub?

200.gif

I am literally cracking up right now! :lmao:

I just wanted to attachments that I'll likely never use lol. I got a really cool center attachment that takes a lot of attachments. Got a cool wok that I'll show off but never use among other things.
It was either 2k for an EGG or a few hundred for this. Egg looked way to small for all the grilling & smoking I do. Having the same problem on the webber now though. Miss my second shelf & side heat box
You can do a whole lot with any Weber. There's probably a forum somewhere dedicated to the one you have.

I have a little tiny gas grill. It's a little round one that cooks with infrared (supposedly). I really can't see a difference between it and other gas grills though. The grate is a pain in the butt to clean too. I might get a new one this year. Maybe I'll go with charcoal. It's more versatile I think.

I have a little tiny gas grill. It's a little round one that cooks with infrared (supposedly). I really can't see a difference between it and other gas grills though. The grate is a pain in the butt to clean too. I might get a new one this year. Maybe I'll go with charcoal. It's more versatile I think.
Just avoid the porcelain covered grates. Really nice, for 6 months.....

Better question:

Dry or wet rub?
Ooooh...easy there, ChrisL.

You can do a whole lot with any Weber. There's probably a forum somewhere dedicated to the one you have.
I love Webers. I am on my third one in the last 15 years. No other grill I have tried cooks as evenly as a Weber.

Try the 'Indirect method'

Boil ribs first

Get the coals lit then separate in half. About 20 coal each side. Leave room for a tin pan in the middle of coal rack, loaded with hickory chips and small amount of water. Keep the lid on

Baste in sauce last 45 minutes

Thats my method

-Geaux

Cook them in the oven at a low temp until tender, loosely wrapped in foil to keep them juicy. Finish off on the grill.
I do about 2 hours on 325 then get my webber grill hot, throw in some wood chips and smoke about 15-20 min a side rub bbq sauce on last ten minutes

Boil ribs first

Get the coals lit then separate in half. About 20 coal each side. Leave room for a tin pan in the middle of coal rack, loaded with hickory chips and small amount of water. Keep the lid on

Thats my method

-Geaux
Indirect heat is essential.

ribs first i put them on the stove to boil

after cooling place them in a special marinate sauce

marinate overnight

make sure you bbq them not grill them low and slow

with your favorite bbq

yum yum

falls off the bone

Boil ribs first

Thats my method

-Geaux

I don't like boiling them first because it sucks all the flavor out of them. I bake them in the oven first on the lowest setting, and then I grill them for just a few minutes to give them that "smokey" flavor, since my grill is gas. I also use liquid smoke in the sauce which also gives them a smokey flavor.

Another way to do it is to cook them in a crock pot on low until tender, then cook on the grill. I can't bring myself to boil ribs though. It's just wrong.

Forum List

Back