I need help! If you BBQ please read this

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
What is the best method for cooking ribs on a large webber grill? I am used to a barrel smoker but tomorrow I'm going to attempt a couple slabs on my new webber

Cook them in the oven at a low temp until tender, loosely wrapped in foil to keep them juicy. Finish off on the grill.

• Banned
What is the best method for cooking ribs on a large webber grill? I am used to a barrel smoker but tomorrow I'm going to attempt a couple slabs on my new webber

They'll probably cook too fast on that. You should stick to the smoker, IMO.
I've had to replace them every couple years because of our weather & wind. The cover always shreads within a month or two right at the smokestack. So I decided to try something different. I suspect I'll go back to the barrels but I want to give this one my best shot.

• Banned
Better question:

Why would you cook ribs on a gas grill when you have a smoker?
Webber isn't gas. And I only use enough charcoal to light the wood chunks

They'll probably cook too fast on that. You should stick to the smoker, IMO.
I've had to replace them every couple years because of our weather & wind. The cover always shreads within a month or two right at the smokestack. So I decided to try something different. I suspect I'll go back to the barrels but I want to give this one my best shot.

I don't think you're going to like the results compared to your smoker. You can't really duplicate that well with a gas grill.

Better question:

Webber isn't gas. And I only use enough charcoal to light the wood chinks

Oh shoot are you talking about this one:

544fc96bc51f0_one-touch-original-22.png

Better question:

It's similar to that only a fair amount bigger with a side table attached & ash pit

I don't know if they make that anymore. I would assume their new ones are good
Better question:

It's similar to that only a fair amount bigger with a side table attached & ash pit
Oooohh!

Then just cook it low and slow. It will be delicious that's one of the great grills of all time. :thup:

Better question:

Oh, I thought it was a gas grill too! What kind of ribs? Baby back ribs?

Better question:

Yes. And some italian sausage too!

Better question:

Yes. And some italian sausage too!

Dry or wet rub?

Forum List

Back