“I may not agree with what you say, but I’ll defend to my dying day your right to say it”

It's a metaphor for - in this instance - saying: Trump must now be sidelined from American political life and barred from ever again attaining high office.
nope, not the implied meaning of your statement at all.

I never did.

That is bad because until everyone has had their say, no one can be sure they know all the information about that is actually correct.
Once you allow censorship of ideas, then all you have is belief and ignorance.
Being right then is just a guessing game.

The only way to ensure truth gets out is for everything to be heard.
So it is always wrong to censor anything, as long as it is not slander or inciting violence against innocents.

It's a metaphor - and you damned-well know it - there is no point, nor need, to be "threatening", especially in a public forum. The Law will now deal with him.
dude, you're unhinged. you sound like your anger affects rational thought.

Irrelevant.
not to me! I laugh at how a person who you have zero connection with rearranges your mental capacity and turns you into a complete lunatic.

They just went after a guy in Denver who said something on social media about creepy.

The United States Department of Justice and a variety of Federal and State prosecutors and district attorneys say differently. I'll defer to their opinion.
where? Trump's running for president

Who cares what you say? Not I.

As far as I am concerned I will say what I want to say when I want to say it no matter what may come from it and I don't need anyone's permission or support.

First of all, the point is to not censor other minority views. The mainstream views are expressed so loudly that they do not need protection.

Second is that due to media like press, TV, internet, etc., all ideas DO NEED "permission or support" in order to be heard.

you're not for making america great again?
NO, That is saying that AMERICA is not great,
That is saying All good done over the years is worthless.
That is saying that working together is no good.
And power to a single political party is better,
Balance of power serves us all.

Exactly what have you been prevented from saying? Is this about that Merry Christmas crap again?

There is lots of science that is censored.

For example, those explaining herd immunity were censored in favor of "flattening the curve".
Those pointing out Ivermectin reduced the ability of spike proteins to open SCE2 receptors were censored.
Those pointing out mRNA vaccines can't work are censored.
Those pointing out Iraq had no WMD were censored.
Those pointing out NATO had promised no eastern expansion are censored.
Those pointing out economic sanctions on Russia are illegal are censored.
Those pointing out police pointing guns or releasing attack dogs are illegal are censored.
Those pointing out there are no laws preventing ex-presidents from having all the classified docs they want are censored.
Etc.

Criminal Speech by Mr. Trump in furtherance of criminal activity is not Free Speech.

There is nothing "criminal" about what Trump says.
I do not believe there was significant voter fraud, but it harms no one for Trump to say he believes there was.
Making voting less susceptible to fraud is a good idea, regardless of whether there was fraud or not.
For example, voting computers obviously is a very bad idea.
If we returned to paper ballots locked in boxes, that would prevent any midnight fraud.

Trump explaining how the charges are illegal is not criminal activity, and the attempt to prevent free speech clearly is an illegal attempt to bias the election.

The main speech that is criminal is by Jack Smith, who clearly is lying about what the law says.
The law says it is impossible for any ex-president to have violated any classified doc law.

There is nothing "criminal" about what Trump says.
The DoJ and the AG and the DC DA believe differently, in the context of January 6, 2021.
I do not believe there was significant voter fraud, but it harms no one for Trump to say he believes there was.
It did no harm until he abandoned the sacred American tradition of a Peaceful Transfer of Power and then summoned, incited and aimed an attack on Congress.
...Trump explaining how the charges are illegal is not criminal activity, and the attempt to prevent free speech clearly is an illegal attempt to bias the election.
True. But inciting his cult followers ( "If you come after me I will come after you." ) may very well prove to be, in this instance.
The main speech that is criminal is by Jack Smith, who clearly is lying about what the law says.
The law says it is impossible for any ex-president to have violated any classified doc law.
Fortunately for the Republic and the Constitution you-and-yours are going to be rebuffed effectively in this matter, courtesy of DoJ and the States of NY and GA.

The DoJ and the AG and the DC DA believe differently, in the context of January 6, 2021.

It did no harm until he abandoned the sacred American tradition of a Peaceful Transfer of Power and then summoned, incited and aimed an attack on Congress.

True. But inciting his cult followers ( "If you come after me I will come after you." ) may very well prove to be, in this instance.

Fortunately for the Republic and the Constitution you-and-yours are going to be rebuffed effectively in this matter, courtesy of DoJ and the States of NY and GA.

But the problem is the DOJ, AG, and DC DA ARE lying and ARE committing the obvious crime of insurrection by trying to prevent a fair election.
There is no question about it.
There is no way Jan 6 can possibly be called an "insurrection".
It was an occupation protest for a couple of hours only.
And congress deserves being occupied.
They commit the worst crimes, like lying about Iraqi WMD, the illegal War on Drugs, the illegal economic sanctions on Russia, illegally arming the Ukraine, etc.

I do not like the "if you come after me I will come after you", but it implies nothing illegal as long as those attacking Trump do nothing illegal. It implies tit for tat, NOT an escalation.

And frankly, the charges are so illegal, that if Trump is illegally found guilty, I will personally help ensure the DOJ is burned to the ground in whatever district is responsible for the outrage.
Trying to charge Trump is the single most criminal thing of the century.
Never heard of anything nearly that criminal, ever.

Doesn't matter.

Trump goes goes down first.

He gets barred from office and either jailed or sent packing in disgrace and infamy.

His sins and the safety of the Republic demand it.

You can have a piece of Sleepy Old Uncle Joe in the law courts afterwards, if you find enough substance to do anything with it.

But Trump goes down first.

Hard.

That would be criminal.
All the charges against Trump are incredibly illegal to prosecute.
The DOJ will not survive if Trump is illegally convicted.

It's a metaphor for - in this instance - saying: Trump must now be sidelined from American political life and barred from ever again attaining high office.

It's a metaphor - and you damned-well know it - there is no point, nor need, to be "threatening", especially in a public forum. The Law will now deal with him.

The law says the DOJ and FBI are the criminals.
Anyone reading the classified doc laws can easily see it is impossible for any ex-president to be charged for anything they could possibly decide to do.

Irrelevant.

The United States Department of Justice and a variety of Federal and State prosecutors and district attorneys say differently. I'll defer to their opinion.

They are criminals, and anyone who supports their crime is also guilty.
The laws are clear.
Ex-presidents can do whatever they want with classified docs.
The law is also clear that you can NOT charge candidates.
It amounts to an insurrection by attempting to bias an election.

Forum List

Back