“I may not agree with what you say, but I’ll defend to my dying day your right to say it”

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
When have we recently heard anyone in power or in media and among the elite say those words? Rather a quaint idea in the current environment. It even sounds a bit subversive in an era of visceral hatred for free speech. We now have government, media, and tech colluding to silence free speech. How long before hate speech and thought crimes will result in long prison sentences? Will the American people continue allowing the destruction of their right to free speech?

greatestidea.jpg

~S~

Thats because you fucking suck. Everybody universally agrees that you just generally suck. :dunno:

Americans said it.
Who cares what you say? Not I.

As far as I am concerned I will say what I want to say when I want to say it no matter what may come from it and I don't need anyone's permission or support.

Will the American people continue allowing the destruction of their right to free speech?
Democrats will wildly cheer it on.

Conservatives to a somewhat lesser extent.

The left will continue to view speech suppression as the evil it is.

But you know all this!

When have we recently heard anyone in power or in media and among the elite say those words? Rather a quaint idea in the current environment. It even sounds a bit subversive in an era of visceral hatred for free speech. We now have government, media, and tech colluding to silence free speech. How long before hate speech and thought crimes will result in long prison sentences? Will the American people continue allowing the destruction of their right to free speech?
Bless your heart, those days ended right around the turn of the century. :(

I still remember them fondly, though.

Exactly what have you been prevented from saying? Is this about that Merry Christmas crap again?

That phrase got tossed out with the baby and the bath water years ago. I think it became obsolete when Obama was President.

The Trump indictments are an attack on free speech.

Rather a quaint idea in the current environment.

It's quaint because the Democrat Party is no longer a liberal party.

(And perhaps it never was.)

Leftist woke progressive authoritarianism has steamrolled the entire apparatus, and now any and all opposition must be shut down.

Hence Trump's prosecution, the online censorship, and the refusal to even acknowledge any and all alternative ideas by means of tarnishing the opposition with cries of "RACISM" and "FASCISM".

Vivek Ramaswamy is right: January 6th happened because the population was sick of being silenced through coercive means.

When one cannot speak, one screams.

Forum List

Back