I like the Idea of God...

If memory serves, Jesus went around pointing out the hypocrisy of the religious leaders of his day. Funny thing, none of them were Christians. Then they took a man who was innocent and pure and whom all religions point to as being a man of God, except the religion that put him on a cross, and murdered him, an innocent man.

If Jesus claimed to be God he was insane and his rejection for blasphemy was lawful however hypocritical they may have been.

If Jesus did claim to be God, and even if he didn't, Christians are confused at best and have no business judging the morality of anyone else..they should be working on themselves.

Read the bible and you will see that GOD is one evil piece of shit. Anyone that is good or moral can't worship this god! This god is more evil then the devil could ever be.

Spoken from a true twenty-first century perspective, where Biblical authors' original intent flies well overhead for most. People of that time would despair at the current density of modern humans. No wonder they were longing (even before Christ) for the Day of the Lord to come. They foresaw back then humanity only served to mess up a good thing.

Read the bible and you will see that GOD is one evil piece of shit. Anyone that is good or moral can't worship this god! This god is more evil then the devil could ever be.

Says you.

The Jews thought He was very loving and caring.

Yeah so loving and caring he killed lots of people during his temper tantrums

You don't believe God exists so you don't believe He did those things but you get a big old hard on to trot out that bullshit.

Are you going to keep wasting my time or what?

You replied to my post dipshit.

And I really don't give a flying or any other kind of fuck about you or your time.

The history of man shows us the trend. We leave behind childish beliefs as we gain knowledge. We have abandoned the worship of countless gods and are now down to one an'd we will eventually leave that one behind as well

Some will and some won't. You have a preference for an outcome. I don't.

I understand how the cycle works. You don't believe there is one.

You keep making arguments that you don't believe and I'm the dip shit? I must have touched a nerve.

:eusa_eh: We've learned a LOT!
No more does the West Texas farmer hold his head in wonder and shame asking why some angry god killed his wife with a tornado!

We have The Weather Chanel to explain in detail the physics behind the "Finger of God" that sometimes delivers confusing justice to the uneducated and the gullible :thup:

Among the things we've learned which have lead to air conditioning and a society with planes, trains and automobiles, we've learned that among all of the religions and methods of Divine Worship that survived European Colonization, God remains uninterested in picking one to bless over the others consistently over Time.

We've also learned that the continued prosperity of the wicked throughout Time seems to support the concept of life evolving without supervision on a dog-eat-dog world over the concept of a loving, omnipotent Father figure coaching Sentient life individually and from within via a still, small voice which is strengthened and emboldened through prayer to, and worship of, said Father figure.

Yes, we also learned that the science that created WMD's may someday wipe us all off the face of the earth with NK and China on the verge of doing so to the US and her other neighbors. We learned that the science of exploiting fossil fuels may someday destroy the entire globe. We even learned the dangers of creating genetically altered plants that cannot reproduce, threatening to sterilize all eatable plant life across the globe. In the future, we will also probably continue to learn the hard way about creating artificial intelligence and the robotic era, as people have fewer jobs and an intelligence that is running things that has no empathy for mankind.

Yes, we learned that the very first story in the Bible, the fruit of the garden of Eden with the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil, applies today more than ever. For you see, knowledge without wisdom brings death.

It is a pity that science does not concern itself with morality and wisdom, but then, religion which does concern itself with these things is just stupid, right?.

The earth will be here long after we are extinct. And we will be extinct one day
True enough.

So why does anything matter to you at all?

If memory serves, Jesus went around pointing out the hypocrisy of the religious leaders of his day. Funny thing, none of them were Christians. Then they took a man who was innocent and pure and whom all religions point to as being a man of God, except the religion that put him on a cross, and murdered him, an innocent man.

If Jesus claimed to be God he was insane and his rejection for blasphemy was lawful however hypocritical they may have been.

If Jesus did claim to be God, and even if he didn't, Christians are confused at best and have no business judging the morality of anyone else..they should be working on themselves.
Judging the behavior and judging the person are two different things. We are called to stand for good and stand against evil. You can't do that unless you judge the behavior. Leave judgement of the person to God. It will only cloud your objectivity.

Which one do you think that you like? I mean some think money is god and others think they are god. Just curious what's your preference?

I kind of prefer no God to anyone described by the human condition thus far...

Christianity is like no other, however, as, the means of salvation is through Jesus.
In no other religion does God himself come to earth as a man and die for the sins of all mankind, past, present and future, and rise again

Sorry... the story of Jesus is the hardest one of them all to swallow.

I just don't believe it. The story was written 50 to 70 years after the event in the midst of political turmoil.

Having just lived through a period of political turmoil, I can tell you with authority that the bullshit runs thick.

`

Which one do you think that you like? I mean some think money is god and others think they are god. Just curious what's your preference?

Christianity is like no other, however, as, the means of salvation is through Jesus.
In no other religion does God himself come to earth as a man and die for the sins of all mankind, past, present and future, and rise again

I just don't believe it. The story was written 50 to 70 years after the event in the midst of political turmoil.

Having just lived through a period of political turmoil, I can tell you with authority that the bullshit runs thick.

`

It to this day has a large following and staying power, not to mention the best seller in history. Why do you think that is?

Actually he said the Father and I are one and he also talked about his heavenly Father because he knew fully who that is. Jesus knew where he came from and what he would return to. Confusion would only be on the part of the person who is the writer that does not understand what is being written may confuse the reader or the reader who has not yet gained understanding of what is meant by that part, like "who's your daddy?" It is like telling you that my husband and I are of one spirit. He gives me authority to speak on his behalf. My God and I are as one as my spirit is made from the breath of his spirit and I have no doubt of that. He tells me things and shows me things and I share those things with people who desire to hear it. In that I should walk circumspect to the knowledge of that but I don't as I do let my carnal portion get a little peeved at times at some of the stupid shit stuff that some people do. Actually I don't think it should be all that hard to perceive if you have been given the understanding to.

`
It to this day has a large following and staying power, not to mention the best seller in history. Why do you think that is?

:dunno: Gullible humans?
It shouldn't be a popularity contest, eh?

`

It's not about being popular. It's about personal experience. Like anything else, worth considering and reasearching. There are life experiences that are quite compelling, but, it's not for everyone to be sure

Says you.

You don't believe God exists so you don't believe He did those things but you get a big old hard on to trot out that bullshit.

And I really don't give a flying or any other kind of fuck about you or your time.

The history of man shows us the trend. We leave behind childish beliefs as we gain knowledge. We have abandoned the worship of countless gods and are now down to one an'd we will eventually leave that one behind as well

You keep making arguments that you don't believe and I'm the dip shit? I must have touched a nerve.

The trend is the discarding of gods there is no cycle it is a linear trend unless you think we'll move back to paganism again

And you flatter yourself.

No more does the West Texas farmer hold his head in wonder and shame asking why some angry god killed his wife with a tornado!

We have The Weather Chanel to explain in detail the physics behind the "Finger of God" that sometimes delivers confusing justice to the uneducated and the gullible :thup:

Among the things we've learned which have lead to air conditioning and a society with planes, trains and automobiles, we've learned that among all of the religions and methods of Divine Worship that survived European Colonization, God remains uninterested in picking one to bless over the others consistently over Time.

We've also learned that the continued prosperity of the wicked throughout Time seems to support the concept of life evolving without supervision on a dog-eat-dog world over the concept of a loving, omnipotent Father figure coaching Sentient life individually and from within via a still, small voice which is strengthened and emboldened through prayer to, and worship of, said Father figure.

Yes, we also learned that the science that created WMD's may someday wipe us all off the face of the earth with NK and China on the verge of doing so to the US and her other neighbors. We learned that the science of exploiting fossil fuels may someday destroy the entire globe. We even learned the dangers of creating genetically altered plants that cannot reproduce, threatening to sterilize all eatable plant life across the globe. In the future, we will also probably continue to learn the hard way about creating artificial intelligence and the robotic era, as people have fewer jobs and an intelligence that is running things that has no empathy for mankind.

Yes, we learned that the very first story in the Bible, the fruit of the garden of Eden with the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil, applies today more than ever. For you see, knowledge without wisdom brings death.

It is a pity that science does not concern itself with morality and wisdom, but then, religion which does concern itself with these things is just stupid, right?.

The earth will be here long after we are extinct. And we will be extinct one day
True enough.

Why do you care?

I live my life and I enjoy it. I don't need to delude myself that there is some eternal reward handed out if I subjugate myself to an imaginary being.

True enough.

Why do you care?

I live my life and I enjoy it. I don't need to delude myself that there is some eternal reward handed out if I subjugate myself to an imaginary being.
Because it is incongruent that someone who doesn't believe in God would troll a religious forum to talk about something he doesn't believe in.

So why do you care?

I'm here to discuss something I do believe in.

Says you.

The trend is the discarding of gods there is no cycle it is a linear trend unless you think we'll move back to paganism again

And you flatter yourself.
The cycle of remembering and forgetting God.

Been going on for centuries. In fact the OT is a testimony of what happens to a people who cycled between remembering God and forgetting God.

You obsess over multiple gods. Logic dictates there is only one Creator. And He doesn't really care what name you call Him.

`

By any objective measure Christianity has been an overwhelming force for good. If you study it objectively.

`
I seem to recall that the earliest known manuscript was recorded 25 years after the event.

O.k. we'll use your numbers....

I just don't believe it. The story was written 25 to 70 years after the event in the midst of political turmoil.

Color me skeptical judge of human political character, but I'm gonna have to say that it reads about the same. Like a legend at best and like fraud at worst.

`

O.k. we'll use your numbers....

I just don't believe it. The story was written 25 to 70 years after the event in the midst of political turmoil.

Color me skeptical judge of human political character, but I'm gonna have to say that it reads about the same. Like a legend at best and like fraud at worst.

`
I don't know if it is right or not but regardless the number and timing of the manuscripts is spectacular for an event that happened 2000 years ago.

So I really struggle with people discounting Christ's ministry just because they can't reconcile the miracles He did to their world view.

The problem with your model is that by all accounts - everyone believed Jesus was a world redeemer like Confucius, Buddha, Laozi and Mohammed. A real righteous and wise dude by all accounts.

He only gave us two choices; either he is who he says he is or he is a mad man. How do you square this with the common belief that Jesus was a righteous dude?

Common beliefs are often both popular and dead-ass wrong, bud.

Bury The God of Abraham as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an with Abraham and worship The God of (insert your name here).

Common beliefs are often both popular and dead-ass wrong, bud.

Bury The God of Abraham as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an with Abraham and worship The God of (insert your name here).
God is a spirit. Those who believe(ed) that have been aware of the spirit have been scattered around the world for ages. Each time the children were aware of the spirit but followed carnal precepts they were scattered. They had picked up pieces and portions from the inhabitants of the land and they carried some of those things with them. In all that confusion ensued and customs were inter-mingled along the way. The spirit still remains the same even if the precepts of the people have been off over the ages. The word may change from region to region but the basic message still remains the same. History bares it all out if a person has and takes the time to thoroughly research it all and seek for the truth in it all. For most the spirit works in their sleep in order to hide the carnal pride that humans naturally have with them here. The more aware and awakened to the spirit the easier it becomes to see spiritual manifestations that take place or have taken place in your own life and of those surrounding you. Abraham is a heavenly host just like the rest of the hosts in the Bible but at the point Abraham comes forth is where greater awareness and desire come from the person within themselves and a greater division begins to start overcoming the enemy within (those portions that are in opposition to the spirit of God's breath within the human 'a first Adam'). There is nothing wrong with Abraham. Abraham comes with the package of being 'Anointed with Jehovah's salvation with us' (that'd be Jesus Christ and all his saints (all those heavenly hosts that follow the Lamb everywhere he goes. I am sure you can recall the rhyme. "Mary had a little lamb, little lamb..."). The problem is the precepts of the carnally minded humans that can't get past thinking in the flesh. Most refuse to look at 'in the beginning' where all the hosts of heaven and earth were created before a the human was formed to till the ground (earthly humans) and take care of the garden (the own mind, body and soul) they are supposed to be managing. If you have a spiritual host of Abraham with you coming out, you have been given a father of a multitude of hosts to assist in overcoming evils of the world (within yourself first) and a 'wife- spiritual companion host' that has the power to contend. Meaning you have the consciousness within with the power that is there to help you while you learn to breath in the spirit of love while overcoming the earthly things.

Forum List

Back