I lack understanding

My question is this: How many people really thought much about the Nobel Peace Prize a week ago? Were there a lot of people discussing the odds and ranking potential nominees?
It was merely an amusing sidebar that some fool nominated Obama for the Nobel just weeks into his Presidency.

Amusing sidebar turned shocking reality.

Who the fuck cares?
Anyone who once recognized the Nobel Awards as a testament to human achievement.

Now, it's a "Best Public Speaker" award...

My question is this: How many people really thought much about the Nobel Peace Prize a week ago? Were there a lot of people discussing the odds and ranking potential nominees?
It was merely an amusing sidebar that some fool nominated Obama for the Nobel just weeks into his Presidency.

Who the fuck cares?
Anyone who once recognized the Nobel Awards as a testament to human achievement.

Exactly. It's quite disappointing - a loss of the award's prestige. I hope this level of political shit doesn't get into the others as well.

Of why anyone is upset over President Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace prize. It changes nothing, costs us nothing, and hurts.... Nothing.

Is IS a good day to be Barack though, which is damn fine with me. How many good days that start off with good news do you think a POTUS ever sees? Not many.

Anyone here want his job? I didn't think so.

Our President has been honored. It's a good day for him and a good day for the country.

i know you lack understanding...i don't think anyone is 'upset' obama got the prize, however, it does go to show that this messiah/godlike complex over obama has gotten out of hand....it also shows that the prize is nothing but a political hack tool....

the picture is not about obama winning....rather, about this ridiculous gaga complex over obama and the weakening of the nobel prize....this will harm this country and obama....leaders who are already against us are now even more against us and laughing at obama....where as before this, they might have given him a chance.....now....they must save face against the great nobel peace winner....obama

he should have turned it down

Who the fuck cares?

Exactly. It's quite disappointing - a loss of the award's prestige. I hope this level of political shit doesn't get into the others as well.

Regarding the award's prestige...did you have October 9th marked off on your calendar as "Nobel Prize Winner Announced"?

My guess is NO. Therefore, prior to today, you didn't care.

Who the fuck cares?

Wah, wah, waaaaahaaa...........:lol:

Of why anyone is upset over President Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace prize. It changes nothing, costs us nothing, and hurts.... Nothing.

Is IS a good day to be Barack though, which is damn fine with me. How many good days that start off with good news do you think a POTUS ever sees? Not many.

Our President has been honored. It's a good day for him and a good day for the country.

If people had a better understanding of who some of the nominees are, they might not be so surprised and outraged by some of the winners. My boss was nominated twice for not a whole hell of a lot. His organization doesn't even have a web site.

Regarding the award's prestige...did you have October 9th marked off on your calendar as "Nobel Prize Winner Announced"?

Do you have the date of your state's presidential primary marked on your calendar?

Does that mean you don't care who the POTUS is?

Do you often ask a question to another and answer it for them?

Interesting debate methodology there.

hey---lets give the biggest chicken shit here the Medal of Honor.

great logic.:rolleyes:

that is the dumbest logic i've read this week......

This is somewhat valid. He could have made a speech about "please, the Nobel shouldn't stand for politics" or whatever, and implored the committee to please give the award to someone "deserving."

But really, how do you snub Nobel? Not even Barack could pull that off and come across looking good, IMO. What he did say was impressive, humble and positive.

that is the dumbest logic i've read this week......

Great! Thanks!

This is somewhat valid. He could have made a speech about "please, the Nobel shouldn't stand for politics" or whatever, and implored the committee to please give the award to someone "deserving."

But really, how do you snub Nobel? Not even Barack could pull that off and come across looking good, IMO. What he did say was impressive, humble and positive.

only to partisan hacks

Do you often ask a question to another and answer it for them?

Interesting debate methodology there.

I didn't answer the question for you...I just told you what I guessed your answer would be.

However, you are more than welcome to answer the question in your own words...I hope that my guess won't bias your answer.

By the way, I was taken aback but not actually surprised at what Bill O'Reilly had to say about this, it mirrored almost exactly what I posted in the OP. He then had Marc Lamont Hill on, who stunned me completely with his take on it: Marc Lamont Hill – Am I the only one who thinks that awarding Barack Obama the Nobel Peace Prize is ABSURD?!?!?!

He went on to say it was ridiculous and pure partisan politics, that it cheapened the NPP and no one would ever take it seriously again, and that it was awarded to Obama mostly as a kick at Bush.

I like Marc, and agree with him about 50% of the time. I see his point on this but still, I don't see where any damage or harm has been done to US.

The London Times was scathing:

Comment: absurd decision on Obama makes a mockery of the Nobel peace prize - Times Online

Rarely has an award had such an obvious political and partisan intent. It was clearly seen by the Norwegian Nobel committee as a way of expressing European gratitude for an end to the Bush Administration, approval for the election of America’s first black president and hope that Washington will honour its promise to re-engage with the world.

Instead, the prize risks looking preposterous in its claims, patronising in its intentions and demeaning in its attempt to build up a man who has barely begun his period in office, let alone achieved any tangible outcome for peace.
But again, Times -- who was hurt?

Clearly there are legitimate arguments on both sides of the issue. But I stick with hey, it's harmless. It costs us nothing. No one was hurt and our POTUS had a good day.

I'm for it.

only to partisan hacks
Such as me?

I know you know better than that.

Who the fuck cares?

The award's prestige recognizes that America is back on track and is an endorsement of your kind's defeat last fall.

The award's prestige recognizes that America is back on track and is an endorsement of your kind's defeat last fall.
The pathetic thing is you don't even see your own contradictions - just in two lines, too.

Forum List

Back