I lack understanding

What republicans have won the award? Did people cry about that too like they are the dems that have won? Just curious.

Of why anyone is upset over President Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace prize. It changes nothing, costs us nothing, and hurts.... Nothing.

Is IS a good day to be Barack though, which is damn fine with me. How many good days that start off with good news do you think a POTUS ever sees? Not many.

Anyone here want his job? I didn't think so.

Our President has been honored. It's a good day for him and a good day for the country.

Sorry man, i have to disagree. I'm sure there are quite a few people that don't get the rockstar exposure that Obama gets that have done more for peace than Obama. This was just the "sexy pick" or worse .........
So what? Who was damaged? Who was hurt?

I disagree. There were far more deserving nominees who could use that award money for their own causes and use the elan of such an award to garner support. They were hurt.

The problem with your post is that the institute doesn't release the names of nominees for 50 years so we don't actually know who else was nominated.

Immie
But those who make nominations usually release the fact that they have nominated someone.

I saw your later post with the links to some of the names that were on that list. Thank you for the information.

Immie

The problem with your post is that the institute doesn't release the names of nominees for 50 years so we don't actually know who else was nominated.

Immie
But those who make nominations usually release the fact that they have nominated someone.

I saw your later post with the links to some of the names that were on that list. Thank you for the information.

Immie
Actually, those links provided only speculation. And they admit it's speculation.

But still. At least links were provided.

And, I think it's hysterical to watch the BHO groupies jizz their pants over this.

And the Republicans are jizzing in their pants over this too. Just for different reasons.

No, they are weeping and knashing their teeth.

Like MM said, calm down and don't worry about it. Go get a campaign going for someone you think you would like to be president in 2012 if you don't want Obama in the White House until 2016.

Of why anyone is upset over President Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace prize. It changes nothing, costs us nothing, and hurts.... Nothing.

Is IS a good day to be Barack though, which is damn fine with me. How many good days that start off with good news do you think a POTUS ever sees? Not many.

Our President has been honored. It's a good day for him and a good day for the country.

Sorry man, i have to disagree. I'm sure there are quite a few people that don't get the rockstar exposure that Obama gets that have done more for peace than Obama. This was just the "sexy pick" or worse .........

Not me, i just don't agree with the fact that Obama yet again gets credit ( if you think the prize carries any merit ) for not accomplishing anything yet again.

What republicans have won the award? Did people cry about that too like they are the dems that have won? Just curious.

Not sure if any Republican has won the award, but I think the important part of this discussion is whether or not the President had done anything to deserve the nomination in the first place. In my opinion, he had not but I am not saying that he has not since the close of the nominations which in my opinion would make him a good candidate for next year's award.

Immie

So what? An international image is not important to foreign relations?????

Do you not remember the last eight years? Do you not remember the whole freedom fries incident? Honestly, you suddenly giving a fuck about the international media is as about as faux as your reaction to Obama receiving this prize.
Join date: Sept 2009. You know fuck about what I gave a fuck about the last eight years.

But, it is funny to see you say in one breath that this is good for international relations; then again say an international image is not important.

Last edited:

Not me, i just don't agree with the fact that Obama yet again gets credit ( if you think the prize carries any merit ) for not accomplishing anything yet again.
Did he not say he didn't deserve it, but graciously accepted?

I fail to see how it's his fault.

Why do you give a red rat's ass about the "integrity" of the Nobel prize? It's not like it's the Lombardi or Stanley cup, for crimoney's sakes.

Join date: Sept 2009. You know fuck about what I gave a fuck about the last eight years.

But, it is funny to see you say in one breath that this is good for international relations; then again say an international image is not important.

When you make 87 posts a day, I do have a idea of what you give a fuck about. :lol:

Immie
Actually, those links provided only speculation. And they admit it's speculation.

But still. At least links were provided.
If one looks closer, those who actually made the nomination were quoted as doing so. If not in those links, I can get links to those, too.

Did he not say he didn't deserve it, but graciously accepted?

I fail to see how it's his fault.

Why do you give a red rat's ass about the "integrity" of the Nobel prize? It's not like it's the Lombardi or Stanley cup, for crimoney's sakes.

I'm not bastardizing Obama at all over this, i just don't think he deserved it just like Arafat didn't deserve it. My reaction is the same as it was when Arafat won it, like a punchline to a joke.

Now when Obama starts using this as a tool to try and gain political momentum, that's when i'll call him a pos ........

So what? An international image is not important to foreign relations?????

Do you not remember the last eight years? Do you not remember the whole freedom fries incident? Honestly, you suddenly giving a fuck about the international media is as about as faux as your reaction to Obama receiving this prize.

When you make 87 posts a day, I do have a idea of what you give a fuck about. :lol:
As I said, you know shit about what I gave a fuck about over the last eight years. I am the supreme authority on my views and for you to think you have an ounce of knowledge in that area is rather insane.

Last edited:

This is about Obama attaining personal glory. It really has nothing to do with the rest of us. No, not even you.

A lot of it is that many people see the prize as something which meant something.
It shouldn't make a damn if it means something or not. It's just an honor, costs us nothing, changes nothing, hurts us not at all.

I fail to understand the problem and why people are making a big deal out of it. Who was hurt? No one.
When you put it that way it kind of minimizes what happened, Obama knows he has done nothing to deserve it. So he may be feeling a little embarrassed, And that is sad.
Im sure, he knows it is a purely political farce . It diminished the prize if that is possible
He would be happier with this
6a00e54f133d69883401156e4e3c29970c-800wi

This is a major award .

Some interesting perspective.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TvlanYslAQ[/ame]

I agree.

And many Obama haters are angry about it...as if it was Obama's fault. It wasn't as if he lobbied for it.

My question is this: How many people really thought much about the Nobel Peace Prize a week ago? Were there a lot of people discussing the odds and ranking potential nominees? And pre-prize announcement parties?

Or maybe no one really ever thinks about it or even considers it more than "Gee...that's nice".

If so, why is there so much outrage that the award has lost credibility?

Who the fuck cares?

Forum List

Back