I lack understanding

This is somewhat valid. He could have made a speech about "please, the Nobel shouldn't stand for politics" or whatever, and implored the committee to please give the award to someone "deserving."

But really, how do you snub Nobel? Not even Barack could pull that off and come across looking good, IMO. What he did say was impressive, humble and positive.

only to partisan hacks
Such as me?

I know you know better than that.

I thought I did but if you can try to rationalize that people should not have an opinion regarding the Nobel Peace Prize being awarded to such an undeserving person I guess I don't.
Cmon MM---the fucker didn't do a damn thing---you want us to just give an A to every SOB who goes to school just cuz it doesn't hurt anyone ?

See Midnight, they're already planning to behead you for stepping out of line. :lol:

Exactly. It's quite disappointing - a loss of the award's prestige. I hope this level of political shit doesn't get into the others as well.

The award's prestige recognizes that America is back on track and is an endorsement of your kind's defeat last fall.
The pathetic thing is you don't even see your own contradictions - just in two lines, too.

si modo, you are projecting your own inadequacy again. Let's move on.

only to partisan hacks
Such as me?

I know you know better than that.

I thought I did but if you can try to rationalize that people should not have an opinion regarding the Nobel Peace Prize being awarded to such an undeserving person I guess I don't.
Cmon MM---the fucker didn't do a damn thing---you want us to just give an A to every SOB who goes to school just cuz it doesn't hurt anyone ?
I have made no such rationalization. Not even hinted at it.

What I said was, Obama's words today were very good. Here's why I think that:

He didn't brag, he didn't say something stupid like "The award's prestige recognizes that America is back on track and is an endorsement of your kind's defeat last fall" and he didn't come across with the Big Head. He was humble and accepted the award as a challenge to live up to, admitting he didn't deserve it.

No partisan hackery there, I just call 'em like I see 'em and really don't mind people having other opinions.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0]YouTube - gooble gobble[/ame]

:lol:

naaa jsut trying to knock some sense into him-----maybe we can give Obama the World Series MVP too-----that wouldn't hurt anyone. :lol:

Except that would be going against what Midnight's position exactly is. Of course, when people disagree with you, it's all about "knocking sense into them." :lol:

See Midnight, they're already planning to behead you for stepping out of line. :lol:

naaa jsut trying to knock some sense into him-----maybe we can give Obama the World Series MVP too-----that wouldn't hurt anyone. :lol:
You really should read threads before you post in them. Had you done so here, you would see this was covered.

Although the Lombardi and the Stanley cup was mentioned -- I've never considered anything related to pro baseball worth mentioning but my point carries here.

Except that would be going against what Midnight's position exactly is. Of course, when people disagree with you, it's all about "knocking sense into them." :lol:

So if he gets woman of the year award it'll be OK with you ? :lol:

It was merely an amusing sidebar that some fool nominated Obama for the Nobel just weeks into his Presidency.

Amusing sidebar turned shocking reality.

Anyone who once recognized the Nobel Awards as a testament to human achievement.

Now, it's a "Best Public Speaker" award...
Exactly. It's quite disappointing - a loss of the award's prestige. I hope this level of political shit doesn't get into the others as well.

The award's prestige recognizes that America is back on track and is an endorsement of your kind's defeat last fall.

If the prize was awarded to the President next year, I would agree with you. Instead, it appears more to be a slap (well deserved at that) at the Bush Administration, and, it seems to me that it actually cheapens any future accomplishments that the President may achieve.

Immie

If the prize was awarded to the President next year, I would agree with you. Instead, it appears more to be a slap (well deserved at that) at the Bush Administration, and, it seems to me that it actually cheapens any future accomplishments that the President may achieve.

Immie
Dr. Hill is in agreement with you on this as well.

It's very close to being a bribe is what it really is
A bribe for what?

To live up to the meaning of the prize
Obama said he considers it a challenge to do so. There's nothing wrong with that.

Look, everyone aspires to world peace. Wishes it could be so. Most understand it's a pipe dream. Simply because we understand the predatory nature of the human. We see very little grey area between good and evil.

Peacenicks see a massive grey area between good and evil. It's all relative to them. They really don't care what the cost of their version of peace is, so long as it somehow happens.

Peace is "the absence of opposition" and by that strict definition, most everyone knows that's impossible.

But it is a hope, a wish, something to aspire to. And there's nothing wrong with it.

A bribe for what?

To live up to the meaning of the prize
Obama said he considers it a challenge to do so. There's nothing wrong with that.

Look, everyone aspires to world peace. Wishes it could be so. Most understand it's a pipe dream. Simply because we understand the predatory nature of the human. We see very little grey area between good and evil.

Peacenicks see a massive grey area between good and evil. It's all relative to them. They really don't care what the cost of their version of peace is, so long as it somehow happens.

Peace is "the absence of opposition" and by that strict definition, most everyone knows that's impossible.

But it is a hope, a wish, something to aspire to. And there's nothing wrong with it.

yes---that's why they give out the Cy Young Award at the beginning of the year :rolleyes:

he should have turned it down
This is somewhat valid. He could have made a speech about "please, the Nobel shouldn't stand for politics" or whatever, and implored the committee to please give the award to someone "deserving."

But really, how do you snub Nobel? Not even Barack could pull that off and come across looking good, IMO. What he did say was impressive, humble and positive.

yes he could have....give it to the guy that has built schools and actually accomplished peace and has given his life over to it.....obama would have been a fricken hero for that.....

Compare this to Greg Mortenson, nominated for the prize by some members of Congress, who the bookies gave 20-to-1 odds of winning. Son of a missionary, a former army Medic and mountaineer, he has made it his mission to build schools for girls in places where opium dealers and tribal warlords kill people for trying. His Central Asia Institute has built more than 130 schools in Afghanistan and Pakistan — a mission which has, along the way, inspired millions of people to view the protection and education of girls as a key to peace and prosperity and progress.

Obama's Nobel: The Last Thing He Needs - TIME

Forum List

Back