I lack understanding

It shouldn't make a damn if it means something or not. It's just an honor, costs us nothing, changes nothing, hurts us not at all.

I fail to understand the problem and why people are making a big deal out of it. Who was hurt? No one.
I disagree. There were far more deserving nominees who could use that award money for their own causes and use the elan of such an award to garner support. They were hurt.
I haven't seen the list of "deserving nominees" but I have seen where the President said the money is going for charity.

Can't we just say, "cool" and go on? Why all the angst?

There are those here on this board, that were GOD to snatch the man up and assume him into heaven who would then curse GOD, question his reality, and on and on THAT way, though they had been lifelong "believers."

It is just kind of amazing how consumed some can become by their own hate. But what is, is! And hey, if nothing else, it gives them something to gripe about!

Last edited:
It won't, at least in foreign affairs. International media outlets are not all that pleased.

So the fuck what? Those on the right did not give a fuck about the International media outlets during the Bush Administration because they bashed him for eight years. Now all of a sudden they matter again? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. :eusa_eh:

It won't, at least in foreign affairs. International media outlets are not all that pleased.

So the fuck what? Those on the right did not give a fuck about the International media outlets during the Bush Administration because they bashed him for eight years. Now all of a sudden they matter again? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. :eusa_eh:
So what? An international image is not important to foreign relations?????

I disagree. There were far more deserving nominees who could use that award money for their own causes and use the elan of such an award to garner support. They were hurt.
I haven't seen the list of "deserving nominees" but I have seen where the President said the money is going for charity.

Can't we just say, "cool" and go on? Why all the angst?

There are those here on this board, that were GOD to snatch the man up and assume him into heaven who would then curse GOD, question his reality, and on and on THAT way, though they had been lifelong "believers."

It is just kind of amazing how consumed some can become by their own hate. But what is, is! And hey, if nothing else, it gives them something to gripe about!
Puh-leeze. Eschew the hyperbole.

Good for you, that's your opinion. However, you shouldn't be trying to speak for all past or future recipients.

That's right, my opinion is that if you reward somebody for doing nothing, you diminish the true value of what the reward represents.
Lefts give out the Superbowl Trophy the Detroit Lions right now, and let them earn it later.
That would be a different deal. Don't be fucking with the Lombardi.

All of the sudden, you think somebody should earn their awards?

So what? An international image is not important to foreign relations?????

Do you not remember the last eight years? Do you not remember the whole freedom fries incident? Honestly, you suddenly giving a fuck about the international media is as about as faux as your reaction to Obama receiving this prize.

That's right, my opinion is that if you reward somebody for doing nothing, you diminish the true value of what the reward represents.
Lefts give out the Superbowl Trophy the Detroit Lions right now, and let them earn it later.
That would be a different deal. Don't be fucking with the Lombardi.

All of the sudden, you think somebody should earn their awards?
Ones that are American and really matter, hell fucking yeah!

The Nobel prize isn't ours. The Lombardi IS.

See?

Hey, we have to have something to gripe about... it is not like peace is starring us in the face or anything like that now is it?

What else is there to talk about? The Red Sox are in the playoffs? Whoopie!!! Sorry Article 15.

Immie

Of why anyone is upset over President Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace prize. It changes nothing, costs us nothing, and hurts.... Nothing.

Is IS a good day to be Barack though, which is damn fine with me. How many good days that start off with good news do you think a POTUS ever sees? Not many.

Anyone here want his job? I didn't think so.

Our President has been honored. It's a good day for him and a good day for the country.

It's nice to see someone not having a meltdown on here MM!

Cheers! :beer:

Of why anyone is upset over President Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace prize. It changes nothing, costs us nothing, and hurts.... Nothing.

Is IS a good day to be Barack though, which is damn fine with me. How many good days that start off with good news do you think a POTUS ever sees? Not many.

Our President has been honored. It's a good day for him and a good day for the country.

It's nice to see someone not having a meltdown on here MM!

Cheers! :beer:
Clearly, ignorance really IS bliss. Because I am ignorant of why this would upset anyone.

A lot of it is that many people see the prize as something which meant something.
It shouldn't make a damn if it means something or not. It's just an honor, costs us nothing, changes nothing, hurts us not at all.

I fail to understand the problem and why people are making a big deal out of it. Who was hurt? No one.

The problem with your post is that the institute doesn't release the names of nominees for 50 years so we don't actually know who else was nominated.

Immie

In my humble opinion, Obama has done nothing to win the Noble Peace Prize. It just amazes me how they could give that award out to people like Carter, Gore and now Obama. I think those awards, and the award given to Arafat, are meaningless and do in fact degrade the purpose of that award. At least it gives people with half a brain something to laugh about around the water cooler at work. They can laugh at the committee that gave Obama the award and the people who now have even more reason to proclaim that Obama is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I have to admit that it's the best joke I have seen or heard lately.

Sorry man, i have to disagree. I'm sure there are quite a few people that don't get the rockstar exposure that Obama gets that have done more for peace than Obama. This was just the "sexy pick" or worse .........

The problem with your post is that the institute doesn't release the names of nominees for 50 years so we don't actually know who else was nominated.

Immie
But those who make nominations usually release the fact that they have nominated someone.

In my humble opinion, Obama has done nothing to win the Noble Peace Prize.
It doesn't matter what he has done or not done. It doesn't hurt us, doesn't cost us anything, and our President had a good day. Was awakened with some good news for a change.

I'm for it.

Sorry man, i have to disagree. I'm sure there are quite a few people that don't get the rockstar exposure that Obama gets that have done more for peace than Obama. This was just the "sexy pick" or worse .........
I am 100% in agreement.

Forum List

Back