I haven't missed watching NFL so far.....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I didn't stop watching just because of the fake protest, but it was perhaps the last straw.
I haven't watched since the Steelers (my fav team) all stayed in the locker room except for one lone soldier...and I have to say I don't miss it.
I have an extra day!
With the over-flagged games and endless commercials...watching a game became an all day event, and watching 2 games? All day and all night.
I have to say I have enjoyed the past few Sundays doing other things.

Bonzi
mudwhistle

Since you have some extra time, and you have noticed that the game is over flagged, go read the book, "The fix is in."

Then choose to watch sports that have as little interference by referees as possible. Ones where the sporting comes before the business model.

Since you have some extra time, and you have noticed that the game is over flagged, go read the book, "The fix is in."

Then choose to watch sports that have as little interference by referees as possible. Ones where the sporting comes before the business model.

Oh it is pretty hard to miss that the NFL is manipulating the game for higher scores.
That and free agency has killed the game. Like many is also the dominance of cheating franchises like the Cheatriots...who the hell wants to watch them in another Super Bowl?
They got caught red-handed and pretty much nothing happened because it would cost too much to penalize them fairly.
Well way to go Beale...now you got me all aggravated and such.

I didn't stop watching just because of the fake protest, but it was perhaps the last straw.
I haven't watched since the Steelers (my fav team) all stayed in the locker room except for one lone soldier...and I have to say I don't miss it.
I have an extra day!
With the over-flagged games and endless commercials...watching a game became an all day event, and watching 2 games? All day and all night.

Bonzi
mudwhistle
You may have stopped watching because of the protests, but you may never go back because you now realize that it is one of the dumbest sports and games ever created. Football is idiotic.

I have an extra day!

Bonzi
mudwhistle

My last straw reason for not watching the NFL anymore is different than yours. I decided after pete the cheat carrol threw the superbowl to the cheats that I would only watch Ram games last year with my rams finally back in LA where they belong but with the chargers being allowed to go to LA and the raiders talking about going to vegas,for me that was MY last straw. the NFL is the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE. it is truely sad when the owners put shiny brand new stadiums ahead of fan loyalty and tradition and history.

I have gotten now to where unless it is the niners,I wont watch NFL at all not even my Rams as much as i was excited about them coming back to LA where they belong

Oh it is pretty hard to miss that the NFL is manipulating the game for higher scores.
That and free agency has killed the game. Like many is also the dominance of cheating franchises like the Cheatriots...who the hell wants to watch them in another Super Bowl?
They got caught red-handed and pretty much nothing happened because it would cost too much to penalize them fairly.
Sorry, I'm just saying, if you look at the cases that have went to the Supreme court by ticket holders, the courts have ruled time and again that it is the prerogative of these sports cartels to make money, that is all.

So yes, you are right, the refs., who are employees of the leagues, have a duty to make the games appear as competitive as they can up until the last quarter, regardless of who is actually the better team. It is better for the "narrative," and it is better to keep viewer interest, and it is better for the advertisers.

The best way to deal with the situation is to have an independent organization call the games. Sort of like they do with high schools and colleges. But don't hold your breath.

Sorry, I'm just saying, if you look at the cases that have went to the Supreme court by ticket holders, the courts have ruled time and again that it is the prerogative of these sports cartels to make money, that is all.

So yes, you are right, the refs., who are employees of the leagues, have a duty to make the games appear as competitive as they can up until the last quarter, regardless of who is actually the better team. It is better for the "narrative," and it is better to keep viewer interest, and it is better for the advertisers.

The best way to deal with the situation is to have an independent organization call the games. Sort of like they do with high schools and colleges. But don't hold your breath.

exactly,that way these games are not scripted in advance.The NFL has destroyed itself without the help of the players kneeling being stupid with their relocations,I cant believe they are as stupid as they are.everybody tried to warn them it would be disasterous to try and get two teams to LA,they did not lsiten and now are finding out how stupid they were not to listen same as they are with the niners in santa clara,in both these cases,fans are not showing up for games.

that would be the way to reform the NFL as you suggested PLUS make laws that the owners can leave but they have to leave the team name in the city.

Was easy to give up years ago. Couldn't take the Vikqueens wasting another minute of my life.

thats another reason I got sick of football,i miss the good old days when the vikings played outdoors the way it was meant to be played.too many freaking dome stadiums have ruined the credibility of the game.

Forum List

Back