I have seen the Democrat's version of Sarah Palin....

The reason that McCain did was well as he did is spelled out: P A L I N.

Then nominate her for the top spot on the ticket next time - and put your "wisdom" to the test.

Of course the RCP poll averages show the McCain highwater mark on Spt. 8 four days after the convention. From there he slid steadily - by Sept 24 when he "suspended his campaign" and convinced many of his economic ineptitude - he had already lost his convention bounce. Why? Because Palin exposed her own ineptitude in a series of disasterous interviews and speeches? I would argue that is the case.

I'd say that's part of it, but not all of it. It would have helped if McCain hadn't told the world he knew nothing about the economy right before it melted down. Or pandered to the religious right after previously gaining a lot of his crediibilty on the left and in the center by calling them out for what they were. Palin was just another symptom, bad judgment was the illness.

So Creigh Deeds has an instinctive understanding of the immutable principles on which America rests? That unalienable Human Rights endowed by God and come with sacred responsibilities; and that those who reject those responsibilities, reject those rights... and that all those who do so, have nothing in common with America; thus no claim the the title of American?

Well great... IF THAT'S TRUE... then that's a Democrat I could get behind.

Of course, it's not true... but IF it were... that would be great.

The "unalienable Human Right endowed by God" is the right to serve God - period - end of list.
The fact that our forefathers had to overcome a religious predisposition to acknowledge the authority of the crown and the fact that they did this by pandering to the puritans by pretending God endorsed political principles is not surprising.

It still happens today - people manipulate the gulliable with religion in order to achieve their political goals.

THIS Christian has studied the Bible thoroughly enough to realize that ANYONE who tries to claim God endorses political objectives is NOT speaking the word of God.

And THAT friends is a beautful illustration of an ANTI-AMERICAN!

There's absolutely nothing American in that drivel... it stands against everything American stands for.

Thus the person who advanced that is the enemy of America; and will, in fairly short order, be involved in a violent civil war against Americans; a war which be started by them... and which will be fought to determine what ideology will prevail in the US... and which will result in the total annihilation of Left-think... absolute, inescapable, exceptionless, merciless extinction of everything which represents Left-think.

Not one soul which formerly represented any facet of such will survive... and not one soul will ever speak of such, again...

Inane ramblings - I think Yank had the correct idea by merely responding with a "Huh?"

I made the mistake of using logic and the lessons of history to respond when it seemed to obvious to others that those were lost on this poster. My bad. Lesson learned.

Then nominate her for the top spot on the ticket next time - and put your "wisdom" to the test.

Of course the RCP poll averages show the McCain highwater mark on Spt. 8 four days after the convention. From there he slid steadily - by Sept 24 when he "suspended his campaign" and convinced many of his economic ineptitude - he had already lost his convention bounce. Why? Because Palin exposed her own ineptitude in a series of disasterous interviews and speeches? I would argue that is the case.

I'd say that's part of it, but not all of it. It would have helped if McCain hadn't told the world he knew nothing about the economy right before it melted down. Or pandered to the religious right after previously gaining a lot of his crediibilty on the left and in the center by calling them out for what they were. Palin was just another symptom, bad judgment was the illness.

I agree - I don't think Palin was the entire cause - but I think as people got to see more and more of Palin, they got to see the depth of that poor judgement in vivid, living color.

ROFLMNAO... Delusion personified.

Palin drew the largest crowds of the camapaign... Dwarfing the crowd appeal of McCain and at steadily competing with those of the BOY King...

Sadly, while Palin energized McCain's campaign, it remained McCain's campaign and seven she could not overcome the level of loathing that McCain had provided.

There was only one facet of McCain to which any American could relate and that was his position on the US war on terrorism. Beyond that American's truly hold John mcCain in contempt...

Had Palin been at the top of the GOP ticket, she'd be the President of the US right now.

I think it is interesting that most presidential candidates START their primary campaign on the extreme and then gravitate to the center as the general nears. McCain did that backwards. I now think "where the money was coming from" and the monetary needs of his campaign may well have dictated that. Without the hard right turn McCain may not have lost voters, but without it, he may not have had enough money to be viable.
Really interesting stuff to ponder.

At any rate, I don't know anything at all about this Deeds guy, but if his head is as full of stuffing as Yank suggests, Virginians would be better served by someone else.

So Creigh Deeds has an instinctive understanding of the immutable principles on which America rests? That unalienable Human Rights endowed are by God and come with sacred responsibilities; and that those who reject those responsibilities, reject those rights... and that all those who do so, have nothing in common with America; thus no claim the the title of American?

Well great... IF THAT'S TRUE... then that's a Democrat I could get behind.

Of course, it's not true... but IF it were... that would be great.

I openly admit that I am NOT the sharpest tool in the shed, but HUH??

Clearly... but you said the guy was the 'Democrat Palin'... I merely described Palin and stated that if Deeds fit that description, that I could get behind such a candidate; which I then qualified by asserting the unlikeihood that your comparison was accurate.

Sorry. I think you misunderstood. I was referring to the "I can see Russia from my house" and "Abstinence only education" bimbo part of Palin.

[I agree - I don't think Palin was the entire cause - but I think as people got to see more and more of Palin, they got to see the depth of that poor judgement in vivid, living color.

The ticket got a convention/Palin 'new face' bounce that steadily dissipated the more people learned about the 'phenom' Palin.

[
Had Palin been at the top of the GOP ticket, she'd be the President of the US right now.

When you see things this stupid posted on a message board, do you usually think it's genuine stupidity, or just some smartass trying to get a rise out of people?

I now invariably believe it's the former.

Based on his other ramblings, my vote is genuine stupidity, marred by religious heresy.

Palin drew the largest crowds of the camapaign... Dwarfing the crowd appeal of McCain and at steadily competing with those of the BOY King...

Sadly, while Palin energized McCain's campaign, it remained McCain's campaign and seven she could not overcome the level of loathing that McCain had provided.

There was only one facet of McCain to which any American could relate and that was his position on the US war on terrorism. Beyond that American's truly hold John mcCain in contempt...

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. It would be idiocy to deny Palin has a following. I can't see it myself, and it's NOT the overwhelming groundswell of support some people would want us to imagine, but it's a free country.
As for the crowds, I'd go see her if it was free. She's great entertainment. :lol:

[I agree - I don't think Palin was the entire cause - but I think as people got to see more and more of Palin, they got to see the depth of that poor judgement in vivid, living color.

The ticket got a convention/Palin 'new face' bounce that steadily dissipated the more people learned about the 'phenom' Palin.

I think McCain got a convention bounce because of his speech. He clearly called out the GOP for their defaulting on the "Contract with America" and openly spoke to the failings and the shortcomings of the GOP-led congress and white house. It went over like a lead balloon in that convention hall, but he was stating the obvious to the vast majority of folks and I think people responded well to that. It was a flash of McCain 2000. But yes, I think many - especially the evangelical right - responded well to Palin too.... Until they realized what a bimbo she is.
But folks in the evangelkical right are very accustomed to people poking fun at them and telling them how stupid they are. In a way - it's a badge of honor. They figure if the rest of the world agrees with them, they MUST be doing something wrong. So Palin and many of the other darlings of this crowd are virtually bullet-proof to their constituents. Unless they make a sexual mistake.

Put Palin drove the center away from McCain - or at the very least she gave them one more big shove in that direction. IMHO.

The "unalienable Human Right endowed by God" is the right to serve God - period - end of list.
The fact that our forefathers had to overcome a religious predisposition to acknowledge the authority of the crown and the fact that they did this by pandering to the puritans by pretending God endorsed political principles is not surprising.

It still happens today - people manipulate the gulliable with religion in order to achieve their political goals.

THIS Christian has studied the Bible thoroughly enough to realize that ANYONE who tries to claim God endorses political objectives is NOT speaking the word of God.

And THAT friends is a beautful illustration of an ANTI-AMERICAN!

There's absolutely nothing American in that drivel... it stands against everything American stands for.

Thus the person who advanced that is the enemy of America; and will, in fairly short order, be involved in a violent civil war against Americans; a war which be started by them... and which will be fought to determine what ideology will prevail in the US... and which will result in the total annihilation of Left-think... absolute, inescapable, exceptionless, merciless extinction of everything which represents Left-think.

Not one soul which formerly represented any facet of such will survive... and not one soul will ever speak of such, again...

Inane ramblings - I think Yank had the correct idea by merely responding with a "Huh?"

I made the mistake of using logic and the lessons of history to respond when it seemed to obvious to others that those were lost on this poster. My bad. Lesson learned.

Logic? What ya did was to advance a flaccid appeal to what you beleive is a popularly held position.... and this through an absurd deception reharding the history of the American founding. A position which stands wholly antithetical the principles on which America rests; thus stands as anti-American.

As a Leftist's it's unlikely that you've learned anything; as you are not in possession of the means to reason, thus your cognitive means are limited to rationalizing the emotive instincts of your lessor nature; to seek out validation which serves your cravings.

I frankly do not know what I shall do, if I ever come across an advocate of such who actually recognizes and respects the laws of logic., let alone employs the valid application of such... But it should be quite a day... with pigs flying and hell freezing over; yes that will be quite a day indeed.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. It would be idiocy to deny Palin has a following. I can't see it myself, and it's NOT the overwhelming groundswell of support some people would want us to imagine, but it's a free country.
As for the crowds, I'd go see her if it was free. She's great entertainment. :lol:

Oh I agree - she does appeal to a certain segment of society and I think she and her target audience go together like peanut butter and jelly. And she can do no wrong among that crowd (except sexually). The more folks make fun of her ditzy, lame-brain ramblings - the closer these people feel to her. Because, of course, they too have been "persecuted" for their own ditzy, lame-brain ramblings. They are kindred spirits - lame-brained - but kindred spirits.

Last edited:
I openly admit that I am NOT the sharpest tool in the shed, but HUH??

Clearly... but you said the guy was the 'Democrat Palin'... I merely described Palin and stated that if Deeds fit that description, that I could get behind such a candidate; which I then qualified by asserting the unlikeihood that your comparison was accurate.

Sorry. I think you misunderstood. I was referring to the "I can see Russia from my house" and "Abstinence only education" bimbo part of Palin.

Yes... that's why I qualified the position as I did... Given that it was a certainty that you were speaking to the myth created by Palin's opposition and not Palin.

But let's try this, shall we?

Let's discuss the potential outcome of an education system which professes something other THAN Abstinence-Only...

Now it is a given that you will assert, that 'kids are going to have sex...'.

A position which neither I, nor anyone has contested... not the least of which being Palin.

Now given that it is a certainty that 'kids are going to have sex...'; does it serve reason that the professing that it's OK to have sex will somehow discourage more children to have sex, than the stern and unbending profession that it is WRONG for kids to engage in sex; which is taught through a sound curriculum that sustains that profession?

Take your time as this is a tricky one!

Anyone care to form a wager as to how she'll respond to this?

Last edited:

Oh I agree - she does appeal to a certain segment of society and I think she and her target audience go together like peanut butter and jelly. And she can do no wrong among that crowd (except sexually). The more folks make fun of her ditzy, lame-brain ramblings - the closer these people feel to her. Because, of course, they too have been "persecuted" for their own ditzy, lame-brain ramblings. They are kindred spirits - lame-brained - but kindred spirits.

Maybe that explains it. It's a better explanation than anything I've come up with.
I don't hate the woman, but...well, the "but" is obvious.

I really hope after the 2010 elections things change and I have to stop reading posts like these... but I did enjoy palin!

Forum List

Back