I have an eating disorder

Yes you and about 170 million other Americans. The best thing to do is to try and eat natural foods not processed as all processed food has additives that make them addcitive to eat. Fresh fruit, veg, fish, meat, game and poultry is best. Keep away from soft drinks and drink water and fresh fruit juices.

I know it can come down to money but 10$ for that bargain bucket can buy alot of fresh food. Best way to do it is to slowly, wean yourself of it or you won't stick to it. Start with alternant days and slowly build up, this will give your body chance to adapt to the new diet.

Good luck

I've found that I eat less when I'm broke.

So I suggest you give your money away. To me.

P.S. eating disorders are often related to sexual abuse as a child. If that's in your history, address it.

So I suggest you give your money away. To me.

P.S. eating disorders are often related to sexual abuse as a child. If that's in your history, address it.

For fucks sake Allie, everything isn't about child abuse even when you try to make it so.

I've developed a new plan I call the "Oh shit, I'm almost out of groceries!" diet. I've lost about 4 inches off my waistline since I started this plan at the beginning of July. It really works!

Drink more of this stuff

640032x.jpg

I've developed a new plan I call the "Oh shit, I'm almost out of groceries!" diet. I've lost about 4 inches off my waistline since I started this plan at the beginning of July. It really works!

Yes it does.

So does moving out to the middle of nowhere, where there's one store, one restaurant and one bar...and when they're closed, there's nothing else for about 100 miles.

No more McDonald's munchies or midnight trips to the all-night Safeway.

fasting makes one hungry... then the hunger goes away and is replaced with a dull pain...

I fast ever year ( not skipping lunch like muslims do which they call "fasting") , I just complete a 50 day fast and failed to notice this dull pain.

See your personal physician. Get a complete physical exam. Lay all the cards out on the table for the good doctor. Follow his instructions. Good luck to you.

Hello Friends...........

There are many treatment options for eating disorders.

* Psychotherapy – Individual and group therapy can help your loved one explore the issues underlying the eating disorder, improve self-esteem, and learn healthy ways of responding to stress and emotional pain. Family therapy is also effective for dealing with the impact the eating disorder has on the entire family unit.
* Nutritional counseling – Dieticians or nutritionists are often involved in the treatment of eating disorders. They can help your loved one design meal plans, set dietary goals, and achieve a healthy weight. Nutritional counseling may also involve education about basic nutrition and the health consequences of eating disorders.
* Support groups – Attending an eating disorder support group can help your loved one feel less alone and ashamed. Run by peers rather than professionals, support groups provide a safe environment to share experiences, advice, encouragement, and coping strategies.
* Residential treatment –- Residential or hospital-based care may be required when there are severe physical or behavioral problems, such as a resistance to treatment, medical issues that require a doctor’s supervision, or continuing weight loss.

Thanks

Forum List

Back