Mental illness

lillywilliam

Rookie
Jun 1, 2009
The causes of mental illness are multi-factored with both genetic and environmental elements. Due to social inefficiency some individuals appear to fall down the social scale and classically are over–represented among the homeless and other socially excluded groups. There is much research about causation but little is as definitive as in other fields of medical practice.

We still struggle to understand why some people suffer while others do not. Most research has been driven by observation of empirical improvements in patients after casual treatment which was administered for another reason. Drug research is aimed at identifying treatments using similar molecules to achieve better results. Research has also demonstrated that for many patients institutional care has been negative and so today the tendency is to maintain patients in the community rather than hospital.:eusa_whistle:

Patients with mental illnesses are well looked after with modern treatments and knowledgeable staff. There are currently problems in dealing with acute crises and, in particular, ensuring rapid assessment with possible hospital diversion. It is felt that many patients are admitted for conditions which could have been treated with enhanced community services. :cuckoo:

Overall, there has been emphasis on developing community services and the trained staff resources have been drawn from in-patient services.

In the short–term this transfer of personnel has resulted in a mismatch between supply and demand. It is felt that better early intervention could maintain greater numbers within the community but to be successful community services would require more options.

Excellent article

depression, bipolar, schizophrenia and many other mental illness affect millions of americans but the culture of shame and silence still dominate :eusa_shhh:

The causes of mental illness are multi-factored with both genetic and environmental elements. Due to social inefficiency some individuals appear to fall down the social scale and classically are over–represented among the homeless and other socially excluded groups. There is much research about causation but little is as definitive as in other fields of medical practice.

We still struggle to understand why some people suffer while others do not. Most research has been driven by observation of empirical improvements in patients after casual treatment which was administered for another reason. Drug research is aimed at identifying treatments using similar molecules to achieve better results. Research has also demonstrated that for many patients institutional care has been negative and so today the tendency is to maintain patients in the community rather than hospital.:eusa_whistle:

Patients with mental illnesses are well looked after with modern treatments and knowledgeable staff. There are currently problems in dealing with acute crises and, in particular, ensuring rapid assessment with possible hospital diversion. It is felt that many patients are admitted for conditions which could have been treated with enhanced community services. :cuckoo:

Overall, there has been emphasis on developing community services and the trained staff resources have been drawn from in-patient services.

In the short–term this transfer of personnel has resulted in a mismatch between supply and demand. It is felt that better early intervention could maintain greater numbers within the community but to be successful community services would require more options.

You will shortly discover our own Board idiots in regards Mental illness. EOTS is the biggest turd here but there are others. If EOTS had his way no one would ever be treated with medication. And as you read his delusional conspiracy threads you will come to realize he is a perfect candidate for meds himself.

You will shortly discover our own Board idiots in regards Mental illness. EOTS is the biggest turd here but there are others. If EOTS had his way no one would ever be treated with medication. And as you read his delusional conspiracy threads you will come to realize he is a perfect candidate for meds himself.

Again I ask, quoting this because it encases both of the extremes, why the fuck can't we have a middle ground?

Again I ask, quoting this because it encases both of the extremes, why the fuck can't we have a middle ground?

What? How exactly do I represent an extreme? Be specific.

no if EOTS had his way people would be fully informed of all their alternatives and given so called medications only with full informed consent..and the wholesale drugging of our children would cease...and if you inform your self of the facts surrounding 9/11 you will soon realize the official story does not add up and realise this view is shared by many exceptional..and intelligent patriots

Patriots Question 9/11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report

The medical industry is interested in over medicating people, do you agree with this or not?

the total denial that mental illness can be treated with anything other than toxic brain damaging neuroleptic drugs ?

The medical industry is interested in over medicating people, do you agree with this or not?

Wrong way to go, provide facts and quotes of me presenting extreme views. You made the claim back it up. My position on mental issues and medication are quite clearly stated in the numerous threads I have talked about it in.

You chose to attack me now back the shit up.

how about I admit your a dickhead weasel..that has not got the balls to clearly state his position instead ?

I already stated my position to you numerous times. You have chosen to lie about it. Provide the evidence I EVER said what you claim.

Pretty damn clear now isn't it?

Wrong way to go, provide facts and quotes of me presenting extreme views. You made the claim back it up. My position on mental issues and medication are quite clearly stated in the numerous threads I have talked about it in.

No, I am offering you an opportunity to prove me wrong. You however have not, instead you just avoided the statement ans question completely. If you had answered it then I would have been able to see your stance clearer, however since you avoided it I will continue to hold my opinion of your stance as the same.

Medical practitioners have a lot invested in pushing their drugs as much as they can, even when they are unneeded, this is simple fact. The sad effect is that most of the people in the US are blind to what these drugs do, most have side effects that greatly outweigh the benefit, which is usually very small. Then there are antidepressant ... which have the common side effect of suicidal tendencies, which completely negates the benefit. Not to mention the fact that all medications cause liver damage, and too much liver damage means you will need the medical facilities even more and for the rest of your life, costing outrageous amounts. Yes, they want you on meds for everything, even though there are alternatives to hard drugs for most problems. A few mental problems, medication is the only way to let the person function, but most which are addressed (depression, emotional disorders, etc.) are symptoms, not causes, and the actual causes tend to be repressed emotions or experiences. Medications dull the memory and repress these causes instead of healing them, thus those who are on the meds are never healed, never whole, and NEVER healthy.

how about I admit your a dickhead weasel..that has not got the balls to clearly state his position instead ?

I already stated my position to you numerous times. You have chosen to lie about it. Provide the evidence I EVER said what you claim.

Pretty damn clear now isn't it?

no whats clear you balless wonder is you want me to search through threads and read your inane post ..rather than just state your position in this thread

how about you show me where I ever said if I had my way nobody could be treated with drugs if they choose to..seeing as you made the first accusation and I clearly stated my position in this thread or is that too logical for you

No, I am offering you an opportunity to prove me wrong. You however have not, instead you just avoided the statement ans question completely. If you had answered it then I would have been able to see your stance clearer, however since you avoided it I will continue to hold my opinion of your stance as the same.

Medical practitioners have a lot invested in pushing their drugs as much as they can, even when they are unneeded, this is simple fact. The sad effect is that most of the people in the US are blind to what these drugs do, most have side effects that greatly outweigh the benefit, which is usually very small. Then there are antidepressant ... which have the common side effect of suicidal tendencies, which completely negates the benefit. Not to mention the fact that all medications cause liver damage, and too much liver damage means you will need the medical facilities even more and for the rest of your life, costing outrageous amounts. Yes, they want you on meds for everything, even though there are alternatives to hard drugs for most problems. A few mental problems, medication is the only way to let the person function, but most which are addressed (depression, emotional disorders, etc.) are symptoms, not causes, and the actual causes tend to be repressed emotions or experiences. Medications dull the memory and repress these causes instead of healing them, thus those who are on the meds are never healed, never whole, and NEVER healthy.

In other words, you lied, have no evidence and refuse to back up your claim, hey thanks for proving you are a dumb shit. I suspect you went looking and found nothing so instead have tried to change the claim.

Once again you claim I have an extreme position, yet you can not tell us what that extreme position is, you can not cite previous posts to back up your nonspecific claim and you have tried to change the claim to somehow me supporting a practice of over medication. Again with absolutely no evidence and no facts to back up your ignorant claim.

You want clarification from me? ask nicely and cease the personal insults and attacks. You have participated in the threads in question where I and Eots have had numerous conversations about mental health. You are labeling me from a personal dislike that has no bearing at all on my stated position on these issues.

Retract your insult and we can move forward. or provide actual evidence I ever said any of what you are implying. Hell you can not even articulate what my supposed extreme position is.

how about you show me where I ever said if I had my way nobody could be treated with drugs if they choose to..seeing as you made the first accusation and I clearly stated my position in this thread or is that too logical for you

You have stated in numerous threads you actively try to prevent people from taking medication, you actively try to get those medications banned and you actively seek out people that are so sick their Doctors have taken the extreme steps of committing them involuntarily.

Trying to ban an entire class of medications clearly shows you want NO ONE, informed or otherwise taking them.

In other words, you lied, have no evidence and refuse to back up your claim, hey thanks for proving you are a dumb shit. I suspect you went looking and found nothing so instead have tried to change the claim.

Once again you claim I have an extreme position, yet you can not tell us what that extreme position is, you can not cite previous posts to back up your nonspecific claim and you have tried to change the claim to somehow me supporting a practice of over medication. Again with absolutely no evidence and no facts to back up your ignorant claim.

You want clarification from me? ask nicely and cease the personal insults and attacks. You have participated in the threads in question where I and Eots have had numerous conversations about mental health. You are labeling me from a personal dislike that has no bearing at all on my stated position on these issues.

Retract your insult and we can move forward. or provide actual evidence I ever said any of what you are implying. Hell you can not even articulate what my supposed extreme position is.

rgs ammusing himself at home...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD22OdFpubE]YouTube - Weasel Action![/ame]

Forum List

Back