I Fought for freedom of speech today!

Didn't your moms teach you not to talk with food in your mouth?

I was going to go to a competitor to eat, but then I woke up and realized if I just donated money directly to a group that was working towards gay rights they would get more money than the fraction of a cent from a KFC value meal.

So how is that making chick fil a rich thing working out for you?

Chick fil a'a new advertising campaign is a winner. Work off of the right's bile and hate and suck them dry of money while pretending you are going to make anti-gay laws. Hey, if the right was not a bunch of gullible fools they might wake up and realize what a pile of crap mittens is.

I was going to go to a competitor to eat, but then I woke up and realized if I just donated money directly to a group that was working towards gay rights they would get more money than the fraction of a cent from a KFC value meal.

Bingo. That's how it's done.

Not allowing a store to open in the first place is a different story altogether.

Not allowing a store to open in the first place is a different story altogether.

In the case of banning chick fil a from opening I hope they use their money to have the zoning laws that the right uses to discriminate eliminated. The zoning laws should not be used to stop legitimate businesses and places of worship from, opening up in places where other businesses and places of worship are, but right now the christian right uses zoning to stop Mosques and gay establishments from being allowed in areas zoned for their presence because the town gets to vote against them. perhaps this will enlighten christians as to the problems that come around when you allow for discrimination.

In the case of banning chick fil a from opening I hope they use their money to have the zoning laws that the right uses to discriminate eliminated. The zoning laws should not be used to stop legitimate businesses and places of worship from, opening up in places where other businesses and places of worship are, but right now the christian right uses zoning to stop Mosques and gay establishments from being allowed in areas zoned for their presence because the town gets to vote against them. perhaps this will enlighten christians as to the problems that come around when you allow for discrimination.

Bingo again!

You know what? I don't give a shit if they open 100 new chicken joints. That's their right to do so. However, as a Christian....I don't agree with the anti-gay rhetoric coming from their administration. So as an American, I have the right not to support their establishment.

Yes, there is always a conflict between living in a free society and faith.

I wrote a little something about this in another forum....My church used to be a UCC(United Church of Christ) church. When the UCC chose to allow gay marriage and recognize the "Goddess" as part of their doctrine, our church left the UCC and became a reformed church....I supported this decision.

However, our country is a free society. We, as Christians(or any other religion...for that matter) need to realize that all law abiding, tax paying citizens are protected by the same rights and responsibilities. When you take rights away from a particular group because your religion doesn't like what they do....then we move away from a free society and towards a tyrannical dictatorship.

Lastly...I urge all the right wingers on here who continually bleat about freedoms and liberty....use analogies of "two wolves and a sheep"....and think that a Health Insurance Mandate is tyrannical....What do you think this is?

1. you can't deny that their freedom and liberty is being limited.

2. since the vast majority of us are heterosexual, we are the wolves and they are the sheep.

Just think about what you want here. If you support this kind of thing, you are no better than the Communists....not the ones you've invented in your heads(people with a D behind their names), but the real deal....actually...it would probably more akin to the theocratic actions of hard core Islamic countries in the Middle East.

I can separate my faith from my country. I taught my kids my faith as a good father should...but public policy in a multicultural country should not be based on faith...I taught them that too.

You know what? I don't give a shit if they open 100 new chicken joints. That's their right to do so. However, as a Christian....I don't agree with the anti-gay rhetoric coming from their administration. So as an American, I have the right not to support their establishment.

I wrote a little something about this in another forum....My church used to be a UCC(United Church of Christ) church. When the UCC chose to allow gay marriage and recognize the "Goddess" as part of their doctrine, our church left the UCC and became a reformed church....I supported this decision.

However, our country is a free society. We, as Christians(or any other religion...for that matter) need to realize that all law abiding, tax paying citizens are protected by the same rights and responsibilities. When you take rights away from a particular group because your religion doesn't like what they do....then we move away from a free society and towards a tyrannical dictatorship.

Lastly...I urge all the right wingers on here who continually bleat about freedoms and liberty....use analogies of "two wolves and a sheep"....and think that a Health Insurance Mandate is tyrannical....What do you think this is?

2. since the vast majority of us are heterosexual, we are the wolves and they are the sheep.

Just think about what you want here. If you support this kind of thing, you are no better than the Communists....not the ones you've invented in your heads(people with a D behind their names), but the real deal....actually...it would probably more akin to the theocratic actions of hard core Islamic countries in the Middle East.

I can separate my faith from my country. I taught my kids my faith as a good father should...but public policy in a multicultural country should not be based on faith...I taught them that too.

You act like people are stoning them, that's just your boys in Iran. As for freedom and liberty, you may see marriage as just a benefits, package, it's a little more than that and as a Christian, I figured you'd understand that.

Fought for freedom of speech today!

Actually not.

You merely contributed to the profits of a company wishing to deny equal protection rights to same-sex couples.

Disallowing a chicken shack from opening a store in a given city can in no way be construed as an un-Constitutional restriction of ‘free speech,’ the Company is clearly able to express itself, as it has access to ample alternative channels of communication.

A First Amendment claim of free exercise restriction might be more on point, given the Company’s Christian affiliation – but that too would be difficult to prove because a chicken shack’s primary goal, unlike a mosque, is to sell chicken, not facilitate religious expression.

Fought for freedom of speech today!

Actually not.

You merely contributed to the profits of a company wishing to deny equal protection rights to same-sex couples.

Disallowing a chicken shack from opening a store in a given city can in no way be construed as an un-Constitutional restriction of ‘free speech,’ the Company is clearly able to express itself, as it has access to ample alternative channels of communication.

A First Amendment claim of free exercise restriction might be more on point, given the Company’s Christian affiliation – but that too would be difficult to prove because a chicken shack’s primary goal, unlike a mosque, is to sell chicken, not facilitate religious expression.

So I'm assuming that if a city or state did not allow a company that promoted gay rights to do any business there, you'd be fine with that too, right?

I wouldn't.

Last edited:

You act like people are stoning them, that's just your boys in Iran. As for freedom and liberty, you may see marriage as just a benefits, package, it's a little more than that and as a Christian, I figured you'd understand that.

yes...I do. It's a binding union between two people who love each other. Like I said, I fully supported my church's decision to drop out of the UCC. I'm glad I belong to a church that doesn't recognize gay marriage. However, dictating my beliefs to the rest of the country is NOT the hallmark of a free society.

I am of the opinion that at the Civil level, gay marriage should be allowed. When it comes to religion, it should be up to the individual church to decide whether they will recognize the union and perform the ceremony.

BTW...."my boys" in Iran? go fuck yourself. It's pretty fucking obvious that you can't carry on a civil conversation without your childish insults. Why don't you step up to the plate and actually engage people without showing your idiocy and immaturity?

I had a delicious sandwich at Chick-fil-a!

Mike Huckabee Calls for Chick-Fil-A Day - ABC News

how sillie...thinking you 'fought' for anything by buying a sandwich

perhaps that is what is wrong with younger people....they really think they are fighting and contributing when all they are doing is doing what they do daily....buying mal...

buying from them is more effective than boycotting them. I hate to break that little piece of wisdom to you.. and in buying you place yourself in a win win situation. :eusa_angel:

I had a delicious sandwich at Chick-fil-a!

Mike Huckabee Calls for Chick-Fil-A Day - ABC News

how sillie...thinking you 'fought' for anything by buying a sandwich

perhaps that is what is wrong with younger people....they really think they are fighting and contributing when all they are doing is doing what they do daily....buying mal...

buying from them is more effective than boycotting them. I hate to break that little piece of wisdom to you.. and in buying you place yourself in a win win situation. :eusa_angel:

what about this little bit of wisdom i am neither buying from them or boycotting them.....

have another piece of wisdom...buying a product is not fighting for freedom of speech lol sorry if you think it is.....

Forum List

Back