Hold on: Wait a cotton picken second - Obama that weak on national security?

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Obama secretly promises Putin that he'll take our missiles out of Poland (a move he never explained to the American people even after it was caught, unless you're a nitwit that accepts 'it's complicated' as an answer); and now to reward that alleged act of goodwill, Putin is looking at making a naval base in Cuba 90 miles from our border?

Well, I guess Billy didn't call him "the amateur" for nothing.

Russia wants naval bases abroad: report - Yahoo! News

Obama secretly promises Putin that he'll take our missiles out of Poland (a move he never explained to the American people even after it was caught, unless you're a nitwit that accepts 'it's complicated' as an answer); and now to reward that alleged act of goodwill, Putin is looking at making a naval base in Cuba 90 miles from our border?

I didn't see anything about Obama giving Putin permission. Dumb ass.

Why do we need missiles in Poland?

Obama cancelled the ABM shit because the science doesn't work. It's another example of a lot of contractors sucking a lot of money out of the government, which if you were conservative, you'd be against.

A strong and stable Russia is in our interest, as they are better situated to act in that region where all the crazy is going on than we are.

Obama cancelled the ABM shit because the science doesn't work. It's another example of a lot of contractors sucking a lot of money out of the government, which if you were conservative, you'd be against.

A strong and stable Russia is in our interest, as they are better situated to act in that region where all the crazy is going on than we are.

That makes sense.

I didn't see anything about Obama giving Putin permission. Dumb ass.

Yea b/c that's exactly what I meant. Do you not get the concept of diplomatic negotiations? That's okay, neither does "the amateur."

A strong Russia is in our interest? They're in KGB mode dude. They're probably the biggest human rights violators in the industrialized world. And we know that they are complicating matters in Iran, Syria and China.

Jack Kennedy is rolling over in his grave.

A strong Russia is in our interest? They're in KGB mode dude. They're probably the biggest human rights violators in the industrialized world.

When did we start caring about that? Human rights are only things we pretend to care about when people we don't like abuse them.

If you accept that the biggest threat to America today is Jihadism (I personally don't, but let's play pretend and say it is) then a strong, anti-Islamic Russian Federation really does help hem them in to the north, doesn't it. And a strong Russia that can intervene in all the places that end in "-stan" is in our best interest.

Of course, the real threats to America are corporatism and globalism... but don't let that stop you guys, you all think that's really kewl.

Missiles in Poland don't have a damn thing to do with our national security.
If there was a sensible attitude/policy in place regarding Cuba, Russia wouldn't be invited to base there.

This is just another symptom of a country losing its lustre and standing as a world power.
Yet, we will redistribute wealth that we no longer have to the other countries....to double down as not being what we once were.
Well, hopefully a Romney in the White House will make it his mission to restore businesses, restore manufacturing (2 of his goals on his "issues" page), and stimulate new jobs (another issue he is going to deal with, first off in January).

It's likely to be a battle, but I am hoping the American people will realize the last 4 years of panic in the small business sector was well-based. Business owners are just holding on until a change comes that will put them back in their tourist jobs again, half of which were hit hard by the price of gasoline.

The last time the Russians tried to put a base in Cuba we nearly went to war. Obama and his pals will tell us it is no big deal.

Please expand on how ABM missiles preclude a strong and stable Russia, and how a naval base in Cuba will help them control the crazies in Eurasia?

Please expand on how ABM missiles preclude a strong and stable Russia, and how a naval base in Cuba will help them control the crazies in Eurasia?

Well, let's start with the ABM thing.

The problem with ABM is that IT DOESN'T WORK. IT NEVER WILL WORK. It's really trying to hit a bullet with a bullet.

It's as reliable as a leaky condom, it gives you a false sense of security while being screwed.

But if we deploy one, Russia instead of building infrastructure, will just pour more resources into military things to counter. We spend money on a ABM, they'll buy three dummy missiles to confuse it.

Same thing with a base in Cuba. It underscores Russia's place as a world power. It says, "We look out for our friends." It means Uzbekistand and Tajikistan realize that if they will back Castro, they'll back them.

That's why I kind of think this crap in Syria is kind of stupid. Bashir is a stabalizing force. I wouldn't want to live there, but what's going to follow him will be worse.

A stable Russia is in our interests but a strong one is not. Russia was a global rival which wants to be again. If it can't, it definitely wants to be a regional one, and is using energy to influence it's neighbors.

A strong Russia is in our interest? They're in KGB mode dude. They're probably the biggest human rights violators in the industrialized world.

When did we start caring about that? Human rights are only things we pretend to care about when people we don't like abuse them.

If you accept that the biggest threat to America today is Jihadism (I personally don't, but let's play pretend and say it is) then a strong, anti-Islamic Russian Federation really does help hem them in to the north, doesn't it. And a strong Russia that can intervene in all the places that end in "-stan" is in our best interest.

Of course, the real threats to America are corporatism and globalism... but don't let that stop you guys, you all think that's really kewl.

Oh, your theory about Russia is ridiculous. Russia's interests are not ours. That they would be strong doesn't mean they'll do jack shit for us against terrorism. It will work against us because it is in their interests to limit our involvement in the stans, which will limit our ability to deal with Islamists.

Forum List

Back