I Fought for freedom of speech today!

DO CHICAGO REFLECT GOD’S VALUES?
Gun violence, gangs crimes and government corruptions? “If you live in Chicago, you must reflect Chicago values?” What is this Nazi Germany? Hitler would have stood along side Ronnie with pride because he had the same values as Ronnie. Except he would have had all the gay exterminated. Gays eat chicken also. Don’t they? Chick do not discriminate against race or sexual orientation. He would even sell a chicken to Ronnie. When you go to McDonalds or Safeway do you ask the owner if he or she supports gay marriage?
we don't even block illegal aliens from making a living.

So I'm assuming that if a city or state did not allow a company that promoted gay rights to do any business there, you'd be fine with that too, right?

I wouldn't.

Haven't seen an answer to this yet. Is this a fair statement? No problem here, right?

First off...either way....for or against....It should be up to the customers to decide the fate of the business. Throughout this whole fiasco, I've never said one thing about the reactions of the communities that made that decision.

HOWEVER, there is nothing wrong with individuals choosing not to patronize that business and encouraging others to do the same. You call it a smear campaign..
I call it consumers exercising their rights. That's how a FREE MARKET is supposed to work....you don't like the food, service, or the bigoted owner? Don't buy their shit...simple as that.

So I'm assuming that if a city or state did not allow a company that promoted gay rights to do any business there, you'd be fine with that too, right?

I wouldn't.

Haven't seen an answer to this yet. Is this a fair statement? No problem here, right?

First off...either way....for or against....It should be up to the customers to decide the fate of the business. Throughout this whole fiasco, I've never said one thing about the reactions of the communities that made that decision.

HOWEVER, there is nothing wrong with individuals choosing not to patronize that business and encouraging others to do the same. You call it a smear campaign..
I call it consumers exercising their rights. That's how a FREE MARKET is supposed to work....you don't like the food, service, or the bigoted owner? Don't buy their shit...simple as that.

Then we agree. It's not right for a town or state to stop a company from opening its doors just because of its stance on gay rights.

Let the market decide. Not the politicians.

I had a delicious sandwich at Chick-fil-a!

Mike Huckabee Calls for Chick-Fil-A Day - ABC News

Yup, you went ahead and ate some artery clogging goodness to support a religious assholes' right to be a bigot based on a 3000 year old book of superstitions.

You are really right up there with the guys who planted the flag on Iwo Jima. they need to make a statue of your fat ass with a Chik-Fil-A in one hand and a bible in the other, but the amount of bronze needed would probably inflate the copper market.

voltaire.jpg

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Voltaire

Definitely one of my personal favorites.

Last edited:

Then we agree. It's not right for a town or state to stop a company from opening its doors just because of its stance on gay rights.

exactly.....that being said...I hope the people speak loud and clear and shut the business down....It's not that I'm pro gay....but I am pro gay rights. I think that we need to put religion aside here and talk about our "allegedly" free society.

I've said it before and I'll repeat myself....Gays work, pay taxes, contribute to society in every manner that a heterosexual does. They cannot, however have the same relational rights as a heterosexual....meaning having a legally binding relationship with the person they love. This, in essence, is what we fought the British for...taxation without representation....if one group of people have the exact same responsibilities(work, pay taxes, contribute)...they should have the exact same rights. Anything less is discriminatory and they are not being represented properly.

Once again...put religion and your dislike for gays aside and look at it from the rights/responsibilities perspective. This country is not a theocracy. As a Christian, it's tough to separate my faith from my country...but, there are many faiths that make up this country, many races and nationalities, many different attitudes and ideas.

GOPers have told me that Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner....but in the next breath, they don't have a problem eating the sheep when it comes to issues like this.

exactly.....that being said...I hope the people speak loud and clear and shut the business down....It's not that I'm pro gay....but I am pro gay rights. I think that we need to put religion aside here and talk about our "allegedly" free society.

I've said it before and I'll repeat myself....Gays work, pay taxes, contribute to society in every manner that a heterosexual does. They cannot, however have the same relational rights as a heterosexual....meaning having a legally binding relationship with the person they love. This, in essence, is what we fought the British for...taxation without representation....if one group of people have the exact same responsibilities(work, pay taxes, contribute)...they should have the exact same rights. Anything less is discriminatory and they are not being represented properly.

Once again...put religion and your dislike for gays aside and look at it from the rights/responsibilities perspective. This country is not a theocracy. As a Christian, it's tough to separate my faith from my country...but, there are many faiths that make up this country, many races and nationalities, many different attitudes and ideas.

GOPers have told me that Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner....but in the next breath, they don't have a problem eating the sheep when it comes to issues like this.

About your comment, "Once again...put religion and your dislike for gays aside and look at it from the rights/responsibilities perspective." --

I'm pro-gay rights and a comfy agnostic. But my commitment to, and love for, freedom of expression is a higher priority than either. I think this guy is an ass, but I don't like seeing government getting in the way of his right to voice his opinion. I'd much, much rather see him open his doors and let the people decide his fate. Like any other legal business.

You merely contributed to the profits of a company wishing to deny equal protection rights to same-sex couples.

Where is marriage enumerated as an equal protection right ?

Since it has been declared a fundamental right by the Supreme Court, you would have to provide a societal harm in allowing equal access to this fundamental right. Good luck.

You merely contributed to the profits of a company wishing to deny equal protection rights to same-sex couples.

Since it has been declared a fundamental right by the Supreme Court, you would have to provide a societal harm in allowing equal access to this fundamental right. Good luck.

Only with respect to interracial marriage.

Do you have something from Loving vs Virgina that expands sexual preference ?

About your comment, "Once again...put religion and your dislike for gays aside and look at it from the rights/responsibilities perspective." --

I'm pro-gay rights and a comfy agnostic. But my commitment to, and love for, freedom of expression is a higher priority than either. I think this guy is an ass, but I don't like seeing government getting in the way of his right to voice his opinion. I'd much, much rather see him open his doors and let the people decide his fate. Like any other legal business.

and that's exactly what I want too.

Only with respect to interracial marriage.

Do you have something from Loving vs Virgina that expands sexual preference ?

Sorry, but you're wrong yet again.

The SCOTUS has declared marriage a fundamental right on no less than three occasions. You got one of them, Loving v Virginia, but there was also Zablocki v Redhal and Turner v Safley.

So, you take those three rulings that establish the precedent that marriage is a fundamental right then you couple those with Lawrence v Texas and what you have is that marriage cannot be denied to gay and lesbian couples. Why do you think Scalia busted such a gut over the Lawrence v Texas ruling?

Look into it...it'll be an eye opener. The sooner you get used to the idea that you can't deny a group a fundamental right because you think they are icky, the less stressed you will be in your day to day life.

So, you take those three rulings that establish the precedent that marriage is a fundamental right then you couple those with Lawrence v Texas and what you have is that marriage cannot be denied to gay and lesbian couples. Why do you think Scalia busted such a gut over the Lawrence v Texas ruling?

Look into it...it'll be an eye opener. The sooner you get used to the idea that you can't deny a group a fundamental right because you think they are icky, the less stressed you will be in your day to day life.

Buttfucking deemed Constitutional is your precedent for marriage ?

I made my statement yesterday along with a mob of other people.

What I find so amusing about gays and chickens is that when there was the Million Mom March, and proposed boycott of JC Penney for paying Ellen Degeneres to be their spokesperson, the libs had an absolute field day about these bigots! Gays promised to buy all their feather boas as JCP and rescue the company from ruin.

What happened is that Ellen's stint lasted for 30 days and 3 commercials. The company is still failing. I guess gays weren't moved enough to actually shop there. Meanwhile, this tempest in the little finger lifted teapot, has brought a spike to Chick Fil A's profit margin.

I made my statement yesterday along with a mob of other people.

What I find so amusing about gays and chickens is that when there was the Million Mom March, and proposed boycott of JC Penney for paying Ellen Degeneres to be their spokesperson, the libs had an absolute field day about these bigots! Gays promised to buy all their feather boas as JCP and rescue the company from ruin.

What happened is that Ellen's stint lasted for 30 days and 3 commercials. The company is still failing. I guess gays weren't moved enough to actually shop there. Meanwhile, this tempest in the little finger lifted teapot, has brought a spike to Chick Fil A's profit margin.

JC Penney's is failing because they are an awful store to shop at and they have crappy, overpriced products.

I honestly have to wonder why you or the president of Chik-Fil-A care whether gay folks get married or not. I mean other than seeing gays as an oppossing tribe, I can't see where you even have a dog in this fight.

I honestly have to wonder why you or the president of Chik-Fil-A care whether gay folks get married or not. I mean other than seeing gays as an oppossing tribe, I can't see where you even have a dog in this fight.

Marriage is between a man and woman ?

Marriage is between a man and woman ?

And if we decide it's between two men or two women or one man and two women, how does that effect your life in any way, shape or form?

Guess what, six states have declared same sex marriage legal, and frankly, I would suspect you would have a hard time telling me how that has changed the quality of your life one iota.

Forum List

Back