i feel defenseless....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
hubby is down for a few weeks still.....anyone watching the house by now has figured out that something is not right....i am doing the chores in the cold at 7 am...so i tell the hubby....i feel vulnerable with him flat on his back etc and so forth...his reply....."have you given up the .22 with hollow nose bullets"? no, its still loaded in the foyer....he follows up with "how many shotguns do you have loaded"? that set me back a minute..i had to think which ones are loaded and which ones are not......but there are only 2 loaded...

amazing what can happen when one marries a non gun person..and what is even more amazing is how people react to find out the female is the gun owner not the male....i still avoid the pistol and cc...but i did think when i was watching that video of the woman being cat called and the dude was walking with her for 5 minutes.....'o hell that doesnt happen in cc states'

I believe woman should be armed, because it matters when it's a matter of life and death. Far too many crazy and dangerous people out there, as the news evidences every single day. Read a stor in the newspaper how a young woman was raped, and it angered me like Hell, so I convinced my little sister to go out and get armed, and now she owns her own magnum in her purse. :D

'"have you given up the .22 with hollow nose bullets"? no, its still loaded in the foyer....he follows up with "how many shotguns do you have loaded"? that set me back a minute..i had to think which ones are loaded and which ones are not......but there are only 2 loaded...'

Are these firearms properly secured?

If not that should be your primary concern, you wouldn't want a home invader coming across your loaded, unsecured firearms.

And properly secured means locked and available only to you.

Bones I've watched you post for many years. Frankly, I am more scared for the thief, you got this no problem. :)

'"have you given up the .22 with hollow nose bullets"? no, its still loaded in the foyer....he follows up with "how many shotguns do you have loaded"? that set me back a minute..i had to think which ones are loaded and which ones are not......but there are only 2 loaded...'

If not that should be your primary concern, you wouldn't want a home invader coming across your loaded, unsecured firearms.

Look. A lecture from a fool.

Was there a question? You posted this in the firearms section, if you are asking for advice I would get at least a .38 revolver or 9mm semi-auto and a good way to tote it around.

Was there a question? You posted this in the firearms section, if you are asking for advice I would get at least a .38 revolver or 9mm semi-auto and a good way to tote it around.
Personally, if the area is that frightening to live in I'd move!

bones, your tuff enuf, and we all know it.

Make sure the place is secure, that you are aware, that you know were your weapons are at all times, and let the police to drive by several times a day.

The OP's best options would be to buy a holster for the .22 and carry at home if she's feeling vulnerable while working around the house and property. At night have the shotgun readily available.

Do you have bears in the area?? I'd get some bear pepper spray, which could also be used against a psycho human attacker.

My aunts and several of the women I knew who lived in rural areas used to pack 45s.

Meanwhile, this is what my daughter did this weekend:

Lillyw270_zpse08c4098.jpg

I prefer Locked and Loaded and at the ready. When I am out of town my wife has several choices from Shotguns, ARs and handguns Locked and loaded and not in the safe. When seconds matter I dont want her fumbling with a lock. I live in a place where I a blessed to never really worry if the doors are locked when I go to bed and rarely turn on the alarm system when we are there. However I know bad shit can happen anywhere and I made sure my wife is prepared

Forum List

Back