i feel defenseless....

Was there a question? You posted this in the firearms section, if you are asking for advice I would get at least a .38 revolver or 9mm semi-auto and a good way to tote it around.
Personally, if the area is that frightening to live in I'd move!
Can you tell us where these areas are that are free of home invasions. I have yet to see one. Only a fool goes through life unprepared
I've re-considered my initial reaction.
There's obviously a back story here that I'm not a party to so I don't want to criticise or mock SB.

Sure, shit happens wherever there are people but, nevertheless, I know of no place personally where ordinary citizens feel the need to be armed - and certainly not fret that they have enough loaded weapons sited in strategic positions about their own house!
I wouldn't want to live in such a place.
Should I also wear safety glasses, hard hat and boots whenever I go out just in case of falling branches or flying dust or whatever?

Do you own a fire extinguisher?

Mark
Yep.
And I'm much more likely to have to use that than a gun.

Does not matter. You have one on the chance that you might need it someday.

Mark

I have guns but they're certainly not my first line of defense. Buy air tasers. You can put someone down from about 15 feet without aiming and if he takes it away from you, the worst he'll do with it is tase you.

The one's we have also have secondary tasers in case there are more than one intruder.

My aunts and several of the women I knew who lived in rural areas used to pack 45s.

Meanwhile, this is what my daughter did this weekend:

Lillyw270_zpse08c4098.jpg
:facepalm: and you wonder why people chuckle when you say you are afraid of people online. Stop posting personal info about yourself all over the Internetz and that won't be an issue :thup:

BTW- you forget about what happened when that 10 yr old girl was handed a loaded gun at the range last month? I think YOU need parenting babble.

TMSHorsey0829_1409671821523_7696064_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

koshergrl

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

koshergrl is so damn dumb. She has done this before and no matter how many times she is told what she is really doing, she never gets it.

My aunts and several of the women I knew who lived in rural areas used to pack 45s.

Meanwhile, this is what my daughter did this weekend:

Lillyw270_zpse08c4098.jpg
:facepalm: and you wonder why people chuckle when you say you are afraid of people online. Stop posting personal info about yourself all over the Internetz and that won't be an issue :thup:

BTW- you forget about what happened when that 10 yr old girl was handed a loaded gun at the range last month? I think YOU need parenting babble.

TMSHorsey0829_1409671821523_7696064_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

koshergrl

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

koshergrl is so damn dumb. She has done this before and no matter how many times she is told what she is really doing, she never gets it.
yep. When there isn't any crisis, she manufacturers her own by plastering personal pics all over the board.

If I were the OP, I would get a fifty cal on a tripod mounted on the front porch.

Don't wait for trouble. It's like you said, someone might be watching the house.

Fire off a three hundred round burst every few hours.

Eeek!
You must live in a really scary place!
america has crime problems in case you hadn't heard.

America has crime Chicken Little problems in case you hadn't heard.

Fixed it for ya. :thup:

There aren't crime problems in america? Really?
Are you sure?
The FBI, DOJ, BJS, DEA, DHS, NSA, CIA , ATF and the police are all frauds and unnecessary?
Interesting

If I were the OP, I would get a fifty cal on a tripod mounted on the front porch.

Don't wait for trouble. It's like you said, someone might be watching the house.

And just to be sure the word is out, invite the news media. They eat this kind of thing for breakfast.
But make sure they cut you in for a piece of the ad action. Hire a good agent for that.

I like that plan.

Eeek!

Are you sure?
The FBI, DOJ, BJS, DEA, DHS, NSA, CIA , ATF and the police are all frauds and unnecessary?
Interesting

Some of them are ... stress on some... but they're all trumped by the unofficial DOP-- Department of Perceptions (see news media above). Including especially, the one we're looking at right here.

I like that plan.

Yanno, you could probably build a robot to do it automatically. You know, like a lawn sprinkler. That way it covers you while you sleep. Plug a motion sensor into that bad boy and you're good to go. Markus Kaarma can set you up.

We don't even lock our doors where I live... except at night....and just hearing a car go down the Way, would set off alarms because it is unusual to hear a car....and in winter any thief would get caught by following their foot prints or car tracks in the deep snow, it's just highly unlikely for there ever to be any kind of trouble where I live....except maybe big black bears.

but Bones, you gave me shivers reading your post and I am glad as heck that you are loaded up and ready to go, if need be!

I like that plan.

Yanno, you could probably build a robot to do it automatically. You know, like a lawn sprinkler. That way it covers you while you sleep. Plug a motion sensor into that bad boy and you're good to go. Markus Kaarma can set you up.
Where's the fun in that?

I like that plan.

Where's the fun in that?

Hey, what could feel more secure than knowing the gunbot will cover you while you're on the crapper?
Make it a semiautomatic gunbot -- where you can switch to "manual" when you like, but back to "auto" when it gets cold.

Eeek!

Are you sure?
Interesting

Some of them are ... stress on some... but they're all trumped by the unofficial DOP-- Department of Perceptions (see news media above). Including especially, the one we're looking at right here.

I see..Which ones are frauds and which ones are unnecessary?...Compare and contrast them and explain how you reached your conclusions...and provide links and proof.

I like that plan.

what is a"markus kaarma"? never heard of it.

We don't even lock our doors where I live... except at night....and just hearing a car go down the Way, would set off alarms because it is unusual to hear a car....and in winter any thief would get caught by following their foot prints or car tracks in the deep snow, it's just highly unlikely for there ever to be any kind of trouble where I live....except maybe big black bears.

Same here, although we don't lock at night either. We have black bear but they're shy and like to stay out of the way. More often raccoons or rodents are the intruder population.

Actually your most likely concern in terms of probability is the wind knocking a tree down. That's why I carry a wood stove and a chainsaw. And they're loaded.

Eeek!

Are you sure?
Interesting

I see..Which ones are frauds and which ones are unnecessary?...Compare and contrast them and explain how you reached your conclusions...and provide links and proof.

You don't "link" opinions. But I'd start with the NSA -- there's an unnecessary fraud.

I like that plan.

Where's the fun in that?

Hey, what could feel more secure than knowing the gunbot will cover you while you're on the crapper?
Make it a semiautomatic gunbot -- where you can switch to "manual" when you like, but back to "auto" when it gets cold.

You have a point.

Ordinarily, I'd say "well that's when the kids man the guns" but typically, if I'm in the bathroom, my kids are busy trying to converse with me or otherwise pounding on the door to get something out of the bathroom.

Forum List

Back