I don’t get the narrative the Democrats are trying with old America

That changed because society grew up. That had nothing to do with the work of the Democrats or the government.

HA! Why did they have to pass laws to allow minorities the same rights as the WASP's

They didn't have to pass laws. All they had to do was enforce the laws protecting people. Eventually society would have grown up past the point. In fact the majority of the country had already changed at the time the government had got involved. I guarantee you if most of the country was against it then the laws would not have been passed. They want you to think people need the government to do these things. And as you can tell by your response they got you believing it as well.

I only need the government for it's functionary pupose, as far as my personal life I want the govt. out.
When black kids are dying becuase of churches being blown up, or Mosqes in joplin are burned to the ground then the people of our nation need protection,and the only protection they have is the feds, then we have social pressure to stop the hate.

HA! Why did they have to pass laws to allow minorities the same rights as the WASP's

They didn't have to pass laws. All they had to do was enforce the laws protecting people. Eventually society would have grown up past the point. In fact the majority of the country had already changed at the time the government had got involved. I guarantee you if most of the country was against it then the laws would not have been passed. They want you to think people need the government to do these things. And as you can tell by your response they got you believing it as well.

Really, so the gay have the right to marriage already?

First society is still growing up. Second, Gays can get married they just want it recognized by the government. Why does the government have to recognize any marriage? Marriage is a religious thing that the government should get out of the middle of. As far as tax breaks for married couples, that did not work. It did not prevent a single family from breaking up. So get rid of it.

I only need the government for it's functionary pupose, as far as my personal life I want the govt. out.
When black kids are dying becuase of churches being blown up, or Mosqes in joplin are burned to the ground then the people of our nation need protection,and the only protection they have is the feds, then we have social pressure to stop the hate.

Those things were already against the law. We did not need new laws to enforce current laws.

First society is still growing up. Second, Gays can get married they just want it recognized by the government. Why does the government have to recognize any marriage? Marriage is a religious thing that the government should get out of the middle of. As far as tax breaks for married couples, that did not work. It did not prevent a single family from breaking up. So get rid of it.

So you're saying that straight marriages should lose all of their tax benefits and everything.

Have marriage just be something with no monetary benefit.

Sure why not. Let's strip the straight married couples of those tax benefits.

Seems kind of like a case of, "If you get to have it, then we'd rather nobody get to have it" type scenario.

That changed because society grew up. That had nothing to do with the work of the Democrats or the government.

It had everything to do with the government. The government forced integration, the government forced equal rights for women, the government forced civil rights and affirmative action

All were fought by conservatives and the states rights crowd. It was only after years of forced integration that people came around and said.....Blacks can do this job, women can do this job, other religions are not so bad

you understand the "government" is made up of the people of this country?
so GOVERNMENT didn't force anything...you live in the wrong country

Yes I do. But it was the same "people" who were enforcing segregation, restricting open access to employment of women and is now securing rights for gays

You can't play it both ways with the government. You can't claim they are useless and do nothing and then when they do, claim that the governement is just the people anyway

America is on the same path it's been on since the industrial revolution - Corporatocracy. If you don't see this, you're blind. If you're all enveloped with the passions of right vs. left and shit - you're had.

People get romantic for the good ole days. Usually the 40s or the 50s. American society at that time was very class oriented. If you weren't the right color, the right religion or the right gender your opportunities in this great country were limited

Our society today is much more open and accessable to more people. That is what makes the old timers so nervous

People get romantic for the 40s and 50s...forgetting that 90% top marginal tax rate...:badgrin: (and the infrastructure investments...and the fact that the rest of the world had no manufacturing base thanks to WWII)

No one paid that marginal tax rate. You really need to stop listening to Michael Moore as a valid source and start verifying before passing on information.

My source is the Tax Policy Institute. The wealthy aren't paying the top marginal tax rate of 35% now. What did Reversible Mittens pay, 15%? Either raise it or close all the loopholes these taxholes take advantage of. They may not have been paying 90%, but they were damn well paying a hell of a lot more than 15 fucking percent.

I noticed you glossed over the other points I made about those "Golden Years"...like all the infrastructure spending we did as a county and the fact that the United States was one of the only countries not devastated by WWII.

It had everything to do with the government. The government forced integration, the government forced equal rights for women, the government forced civil rights and affirmative action

All were fought by conservatives and the states rights crowd. It was only after years of forced integration that people came around and said.....Blacks can do this job, women can do this job, other religions are not so bad

No it didn’t. It had everything to do with the citizens of the United States allowing it. If they did not want it, they would have put people in office that would have prevented this from happening. Government wants you to think you can’t do it without them. They want you to need them so they can have control. Last how is someone free if they are to be forced by the government? All those things were gained by citizens standing up and not the government. In fact the government got in the way many times.

We would not have gotten civil rights without the government. The "people" had a hundred years to resolve the role of blacks in this country. They couldn't do it. It took the courts (non elected) and the Federal Government to force the issue. People fought it, many still do. Most eventually realized it was not that big a deal after all

Yes I do. But it was the same "people" who were enforcing segregation, restricting open access to employment of women and is now securing rights for gays

You can't play it both ways with the government. You can't claim they are useless and do nothing and then when they do, claim that the governement is just the people anyway

good grief, you don't see this government today is out of control is what we are talking about...en-coaching more and more into our lives like what size sodas we can buy..

you are hopeless

So you're saying that straight marriages should lose all of their tax benefits and everything.

Seems kind of like a case of, "If you get to have it, then we'd rather nobody get to have it" type scenario.

The whole purpose of those tax breaks were for keeping families together. That did not work so why continue them?

The whole purpose of those tax breaks were for keeping families together. That did not work so why continue them?

I can agree with that assessment.

But the government was not needed to have new laws. We just needed them to remove laws and enforce laws in the books. Society was already growing up. It was already changing. Government just jumped in to make more laws to win votes.

Kids used to watch the Olympics and see the Americans and think "I want to be one of them. The freedom! The Dream!". Now, those kids around the world say "fuck that! America is the new USSR."

It's a terrible thing what liberal statists have done to liberty and the American Dream.

^^^ :lol::lol:This bullshit...:lol::lol::lol: "The Freedom! The Dream!" :lol:

America is on the same path it's been on since the industrial revolution - Corporatocracy. If you don't see this, you're blind. If you're all enveloped with the passions of right vs. left and shit - you're had.

Corporations have been around forever. The rich have been around forever. The non-rich greatly outnumber the corporations in this country. We make the choices and if we get away from all these crazy regulations more small businesses could compete with corporations. Corporations are owned by people, they are run by people, and they are used by people. Don’t be one of those corporations are evil demon robots out to conquer the world people.

Didnt get much of a response with this huh? Not surprised

People get romantic for the 40s and 50s...forgetting that 90% top marginal tax rate...:badgrin: (and the infrastructure investments...and the fact that the rest of the world had no manufacturing base thanks to WWII)

No one paid that marginal tax rate. You really need to stop listening to Michael Moore as a valid source and start verifying before passing on information.

My source is the Tax Policy Institute. The wealthy aren't paying the top marginal tax rate of 35% now. What did Reversible Mittens pay, 15%? Either raise it or close all the loopholes these taxholes take advantage of. They may not have been paying 90%, but they were damn well paying a hell of a lot more than 15 fucking percent.

I noticed you glossed over the other points I made about those "Golden Years"...like all the infrastructure spending we did as a county and the fact that the United States was one of the only countries not devastated by WWII.

Not actually. They were not paying that much at all. Some are paying the 15% and some are paying a lot more. Especially when you start counting local tax compared to back then. The average rich person paid around 26% back then. Most are paying more now. Some however do get a ton of tax loop holes that are used to pay nearly no tax. But Republicans are calling for a flat tax with no loop holes.

good grief, you don't see this government today is out of control is what we are talking about...en-coaching more and more into our lives like what size sodas we can buy..

you are hopeless

moron :lol:

Corporations have been around forever. The rich have been around forever. The non-rich greatly outnumber the corporations in this country. We make the choices and if we get away from all these crazy regulations more small businesses could compete with corporations. Corporations are owned by people, they are run by people, and they are used by people. Don’t be one of those corporations are evil demon robots out to conquer the world people.

Don't be one of those Corporations haven't been skirting monopoly laws and putting same said small businesses out of business for years - type of guys.

This response has shit to do with the point. Water is wet, water has been around for years, the amount of water in the world is far greater than...SO THE FUCK WHAT?!?! What's your point? He didnt have one...just wanted to mock G.T. without stating why G.T. was wrong. Instead he says "Corporations were started by like mindedwhat da fuck!?

Forum List

Back