I don’t get the narrative the Democrats are trying with old America

People get romantic for the 40s and 50s...forgetting that 90% top marginal tax rate...:badgrin: (and the infrastructure investments...and the fact that the rest of the world had no manufacturing base thanks to WWII)

No one paid that marginal tax rate. You really need to stop listening to Michael Moore as a valid source and start verifying before passing on information.

My source is the Tax Policy Institute. The wealthy aren't paying the top marginal tax rate of 35% now. What did Reversible Mittens pay, 15%? Either raise it or close all the loopholes these taxholes take advantage of. They may not have been paying 90%, but they were damn well paying a hell of a lot more than 15 fucking percent.

I noticed you glossed over the other points I made about those "Golden Years"...like all the infrastructure spending we did as a county and the fact that the United States was one of the only countries not devastated by WWII.

The wealthy aren't paying the higher marginal rates because both parties let them. I can't figure out why democrats are all upset over this now. The last time a President worked with Congress and cut out loopholes was Reagan, since then we have added more and more loopholes. Both parties have add loopholes, allowed more of shore loopholes and neither party cares until the election when now, we play class warfare BS

Have Democrats truly been able to convince people that America of old was truly an awful place? We are talking about the top country in the world. We are talking about a country where everyone wished they could be. We are talking about one of the most successful nations of all times. How can anyone be dumb enough to believe it was a failure?

So the Democrats are selling that America of old was a failure and they want to offer what every other country has as a fix? This makes no sense either seeing that people in those other countries wanted to come here. True with Obama that has decreased because we are getting closer to what they already have. The Democrats are successfully destroying this country and making it like every other country. I mean no country has had as much success as America in its prime nor have they even come close.

People came here mostly because of abundant jobs and free land. It was a land of opportunity. Doesn't mean it was perfect. America from 1880-1910 was open to immigration but we still discriminated if you were black, hispanic, jewish, chinese, irish or italian

Our society today is much better
Where was there no discrimination? There was no better place to be in the world period

Present day America is better

People came here mostly because of abundant jobs and free land. It was a land of opportunity. Doesn't mean it was perfect. America from 1880-1910 was open to immigration but we still discriminated if you were black, hispanic, jewish, chinese, irish or italian

Yeah, you call aborting 50 million children as a society that is better..
I call it SICK

Idiot :cuckoo:

yes you are

Where was there no discrimination? There was no better place to be in the world period

So who is talking about going back to racism of those days. And for everyone america was and still is the best place to be. But if we keep going down this road that wont be true

That is the best debate technique I have heard in a long time, my grand daughter uses the same techniques, she just turned 5.

So who is talking about going back to racism of those days. And for everyone america was and still is the best place to be. But if we keep going down this road that wont be true

You are.....it's your thread

You claimed that the old times were better. I have always claimed the America of today is better than in any time in history

Get your 5 year old granddaughter to explain to you what the OP of this thread is about

I'll just stay at your level, it requires no thinking and little typing.

Yesteryear was better.

If you were a white, anglo-Saxon, Christian, straight male

I’m talking about the free market and de-regulation. Of course I’m not talking about going back to slavery or forcing women not to work or vote. We are talking the government not society. Don’t be that guy.

I'll just stay at your level, it requires no thinking and little typing.

Yesteryear was better.

If you were a white, anglo-Saxon, Christian, straight male

I’m talking about the free market and de-regulation. Of course I’m not talking about going back to slavery or forcing women not to work or vote. We are talking the government not society. Don’t be that guy.

Ok...now you are moving the goalpost in terms of what makes our country better

Lets talk free market and de-regulation then

Sometimes, as a business, you have to be careful what you ask for. You want de-regulation then remove all those regulations that protect your intellectual property rights, regulations that protect you from predatory practices of your competitors, regulations that protect you internationally, regulations that control the financial sector

You can't talk society without talking government. Government is our elected protector of our society without which you have anarchy

Forum List

Back