CDZ I challenge your views about Islam

If the entire faith wasn't problematic in itself, this thread wouldn't exist. Having a guitar does not change this.

If the entire faith wasn't problematic in itself, this thread wouldn't exist. Having a guitar does not change this.

or the stereotypes are the problem?
Stereotypes are realities we can make assumptions from, exceptions aren't. Saying muslims are great guitarists is not as accurate as great jihadists. There's always people pointing out how many female doctors come out of these ridiculous societies that can't universally educate their populace. There needs to be more keeping it real rather than scaling that back.

what's the nature of the "challenge"?

Many posters use stereotypical phrases such as "Muzzie pigs" or "Islamonazis", deliberately forwarding an impression of Muslims being evil.

Are the Muslims I'm showing posters evil?

Call their own worse just for not being the same political religion. Might be hoping for too much if a different religion and culture.

these ridiculous societies

Indonesia (save the bit at the top) is a democracy with free and fair elections.
Equal rights for women are guaranteed in law, and one Indonesian national hero is Kartini, the woman who started the movement for women's education.
It is illegal to keep an Indonesian girl away from school until she's 16.
(In fact, that doesn't always work out because poverty excludes the chance, but it guarantees education for the majority of girls.)
Indonesia, unlike many non Muslim states, has had a female president - more than the US of A can claim at the moment.

Perhaps, and this is just a possibility, stereotypes use the actions and ideals of SOME Muslims, not ALL.

these ridiculous societies

Indonesia (save the bit at the top) is a democracy with free and fair elections.
Equal rights for women are guaranteed in law, and one Indonesian national hero is Kartini, the woman who started the movement for women's education.
It is illegal to keep an Indonesian girl away from school until she's 16.
(In fact, that doesn't always work out because poverty excludes the chance, but it guarantees education for the majority of girls.)
Indonesia, unlike many non Muslim states, has had a female president - more than the US of A can claim at the moment.

Perhaps, and this is just a possibility, stereotypes use the actions and ideals of SOME Muslims, not ALL.

the "some muslims, not all " card does not work------it takes only "some" to create a stench----only
some germans were Nazis. Genocides are enacted by only 'some' but I do like that list of
'legal' religions------which is a very clear aspect of shariah---------it creates a precedent making it PERFECTLY
acceptable for Israel to declare islam NOT LEGAL ----and certainly not eligible to frequent the HOLY JEWISH CITIES---------Safed, Hebron, Tiberias and Jerusalem

Islam is a millennium-old religion with over a billion devotees around the globe. Christianity is twice as old with roughly the same numbers and global distribution. Both are offshoots of Judaism, which is a thousand years older but has fewer than 20 million current members, largely concentrated in Israel, the USA and Western Europe.

All three of these faiths have saints and sinners, murderers and martyrs. Do we want to have a theological discussion about Islam or a political discussion about the behavior of a minuscule number of Muslims with whose behavior some of us disagree? I ask because conflating those two topics is a waste of time.

Muslims are the lowest of the low. They are the world wide leaders in hate, murder and all around oppression. You think a couple pics and vids of Muslims not living their religion is going to change that reality and make us love them?

Why do you assume they aren't living their religion?
Perhaps they are, but your stereotypes don't allow that possibility to enter your head.

I don't assume it. I know it. Smoking cigarettes is expressly against the Islamic faith. But that's sort of beside the point. None of it erases the great evil that is Islam.

Islam is a millennium-old religion with over a billion devotees around the globe. Christianity is twice as old with roughly the same numbers and global distribution. Both are offshoots of Judaism, which is a thousand years older but has fewer than 20 million current members, largely concentrated in Israel, the USA and Western Europe.

All three of these faiths have saints and sinners, murderers and martyrs. Do we want to have a theological discussion about Islam or a political discussion about the behavior of a minuscule number of Muslims with whose behavior some of us disagree? I ask because conflating those two topics is a waste of time.

Islam is not an off shoot of Judaism. Islamists tried to co-opt elements of Judaism after the fact in an effort to subvert the enemies' religion.

The rest of your post is very watered down moral relativism that completely ignores the stark contrast between Islam and Christianity.

I find the number of hate posts interesting.
The propaganda show Muslims has haters, but the hate here is coming from non Muslims.
As that's clear from posts we can see here, does that mean Jews and Christians are problem religious groups?
Of course not - only a few extremists within their group are a cause for concern, so why are Muslims as a whole seen as a problem?

I find the number of hate posts interesting.
The propaganda show Muslims has haters, but the hate here is coming from non Muslims.
As that's clear from posts we can see here, does that mean Jews and Christians are problem religious groups?
Of course not - only a few extremists within their group are a cause for concern, so why are Muslims as a whole seen as a problem?

So, if we showered Muslims with praise, there might've been a problem with Muslims? Get out of here with your fallacious logic.

Please remember you are posting in the CDZ - no put downs, no flaming, no insulting - discuss the OP in a civil manner.

All I have to say is, I have heard of no credible Christian or Jew calling for the elimination of all "non-beleivers" for... oh we'll just round it to be 500 years or so. Look in any major newspaper and it doesn't take long to find a Muslim stating just that. So, are the stereotypes justified and accurate? No. Are they understandable? Um, yes, and until the non-exteremists within the Islamic faith stand up united and cast out those calling for jihad, the problem WILL persist, stereotypes or no. The problem is not the stereotypes, though they are a problem, the REAL problem is the exteremists calling for jihad. Period, end of story.

Not all muslims are bad. Mostly western muslims.. Luckily western culture has swayed their natural barbarian mentality.
Pew research did a study and found that 40% of sunnis think Shi are an abomination. That is the definition of terrorism when you consider what their holy book calls for on the unbelievers..
That's roughly a 10th of our population right there!

All I have to say is, I have heard of no credible Christian or Jew calling for the elimination of all "non-beleivers" for... oh we'll just round it to be 500 years or so. Look in any major newspaper and it doesn't take long to find a Muslim stating just that. So, are the stereotypes justified and accurate? No. Are they understandable? Um, yes, and until the non-exteremists within the Islamic faith stand up united and cast out those calling for jihad, the problem WILL persist, stereotypes or no. The problem is not the stereotypes, though they are a problem, the REAL problem is the exteremists calling for jihad. Period, end of story.

so true-------"STEREOTYPE" has developed as a "forbidden word"-------over the past 70
years--------even litte grammar school kids have known it as a "bad word" for more than
60 years. It was consciously adopted into the propaganda of the "believers" -------
because doing so was SOOO CONVENIENT---------something like the word "Palestinian"

Not all muslims are bad. Mostly western muslims.. Luckily western culture has swayed their natural barbarian mentality.
Pew research did a study and found that 40% of sunnis think Shi are an abomination. That is the definition of terrorism when you consider what their holy book calls for on the unbelievers..

what population did that PEW study on sunni attitude to Shiites?-------USA -----or a more
general overview?

Not all Nazis where bad either. What's your point? The loudest and most public are still calling for the death of ANYONE that dares to disagree with them. Is this really a group of people you want to go on record defending? Additionally, if "not all muslims are bad", then where are the "good" muslims, and why are they allowing the supposed "few" to hijack (pun intended) their faith and bastardize it into a religion of hate and terror?
The same could be said of other religions, to be fair.

Not all Nazis where bad either. What's your point? The loudest and most public are still calling for the death of ANYONE that dares to disagree with them. Is this really a group of people you want to go on record defending? Additionally, if "not all muslims are bad", then where are the "good" muslims, and why are they allowing the supposed "few" to hijack (pun intended) their faith and bastardize it into a religion of hate and terror?
The same could be said of other religions, to be fair.
Ummm I don't defend Islam lol.
There are good muslims. Like I said, mostly western muslims.
I agree with how they never damn them. There was an imam in Virginia or WV(cant remember which) that publically damned IS. I researched him and found out that he supports HAMAS and Hezbollah and supports a world wide caliphate.
Of course, the same can be said about American police officers. Most just look the other way..(no, I am not damning the police)
It isn't bastardized. That is just the way it is.
Love the pun :lol:

Forum List

Back