CDZ I bet in just under a couple weeks....

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
...That Ted Cruz is going to have 95 reasons to rue having ever said "New York values" in a pejorative sense.

Frankly, I think Mr. Cruz should just withdraw his name from the NY GOP primary. Though I hold politicians seeking high federal office to a high and pretty strict set of standards, I am also somewhat forgiving if/when they earn my forgiveness. (I'm that way largely for me not for them.) But were I a New Yorker, there's no way this soon after that remark I would have found it within myself to forgive Mr. Cruz.

Were I unwilling to vote for Mr. Kasich, I'd just stay home because there's today no way in hell I'd vote for Trump. I find it hard to believe enough New Yorkers feel positively enough about Mr. Cruz to give him their GOP primary vote. But maybe I'm wrong.

FWIW, I don't care if I'm right or wrong about how New Yorkers feel as goes that remark. The above is merely an expression of what I think about the upcoming NY GOP primary election.

Are there any New Yorkers here who have a broad-based sense of what most other New Yorkers think of that remark and Mr. Cruz in light of his having uttered it? The few New Yorkers I know well all are Manhattanites who weren't going to vote for any of the GOP candidates in the first place. Accordingly, Mr. Cruz's remark merely moved him a bit farther from being certain they wouldn't support him and closer to "not in this lifetime" will they support him. LOL

...That Ted Cruz is going to have 95 reasons to rue having ever said "New York values" in a pejorative sense.

Frankly, I think Mr. Cruz should just withdraw his name from the NY GOP primary. Though I hold politicians seeking high federal office to a high and pretty strict set of standards, I am also somewhat forgiving if/when they earn my forgiveness. (I'm that way largely for me not for them.) But were I a New Yorker, there's no way this soon after that remark I would have found it within myself to forgive Mr. Cruz.

Were I unwilling to vote for Mr. Kasich, I'd just stay home because there's today no way in hell I'd vote for Trump. I find it hard to believe enough New Yorkers feel positively enough about Mr. Cruz to give him their GOP primary vote. But maybe I'm wrong.

FWIW, I don't care if I'm right or wrong about how New Yorkers feel as goes that remark. The above is merely an expression of what I think about the upcoming NY GOP primary election.

Are there any New Yorkers here who have a broad-based sense of what most other New Yorkers think of that remark and Mr. Cruz in light of his having uttered it? The few New Yorkers I know well all are Manhattanites who weren't going to vote for any of the GOP candidates in the first place. Accordingly, Mr. Cruz's remark merely moved him a bit farther from being certain they wouldn't support him and closer to "not in this lifetime" will they support him. LOL

You set high and pretty strict standards for politicians, but then you say that in no way would you vote for Trump. But he's the only candidate who's first allegiance isn't to big buck donors, of which he has none. That should be the first hurdle a candidate gets over before being considered a choice, at least for a person who values high and strict standards. Well, I forgot about Sanders. He could be a choice for you. Trump, Sanders, or don't vote, it looks like. No offense, just saying.

Looking like Trump has double digit leads in both NY and California

Hard to see how they could take the nomination away from him if he is close to 50% and nobody else is within 20%of Trump

You set high and pretty strict standards for politicians, but then you say that in no way would you vote for Trump. But he's the only candidate who's first allegiance isn't to big buck donors, of which he has none. That should be the first hurdle a candidate gets over before being considered a choice, at least for a person who values high and strict standards. Well, I forgot about Sanders. He could be a choice for you. Trump, Sanders, or don't vote, it looks like. No offense, just saying.

That may be your first priority, but it's certainly not mine. It's not because there are plenty of past Presidents who did good things, who were good/effective, and who did have big-buck donors supporting them.

BTW, has it not occurred to you that Trump has big buck contributors to his cause? Their names are Trump, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, etc. News agencies have contributed nearly $2B in media coverage to Trump.

That may be your first priority, but it's certainly not mine. It's not because there are plenty of past Presidents who did good things, who were good/effective, and who did have big-buck donors supporting them.

BTW, has it not occurred to you that Trump has big buck contributors to his cause? Their names are Trump, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, etc. News agencies have contributed nearly $2B in media coverage to Trump.

These so called contributors are usually anti Trump from what I can see. Have you noticed how the entire establishment is anti Trump? Could be because they think he's a whacko. Also could be that his stances on immigration and trade are anti big business. I'd like to see taxpayer funded elections. Democrats have put forth legislation to get money out of politics, but republicans have always fought back on this.

These so called contributors are usually anti Trump from what I can see. Have you noticed how the entire establishment is anti Trump? Could be because they think he's a whacko. Also could be that his stances on immigration and trade are anti big business. I'd like to see taxpayer funded elections. Democrats have put forth legislation to get money out of politics, but republicans have always fought back on this.

Lord, have effin' mercy! What will it take for folks to actually understand how trade works? I've had folks on this forum and outside it engage me and remark that in their opinion, I "can't see the forest for the trees." Well, guess what, with economics and business, one must see the forest and the trees, and seeing both is what drives my remarks and position on this.

It's not that I don't see that the jobs have left. It's not that I don't understand why they are in China and elsewhere and not in the U.S. It's that I know that forcing them to come back isn't going to be better; it's just going to give folks something different to gripe about.

Anyone who has studied so much as the bare minimum of high school macro and micro economics can see why Trump's and Sanders' remarks about trade won't amount to a hill of beans as goes increasing job opportunities in the U.S. They won't because free trade is a thing that affects prices; the point of free trade is to lower prices, or keep them lower than they would be without free trade. Producing things people want to buy is what generates jobs. So, if the trade policies being bandied about this campaign cycle be implemented, within a lustrum all we'll hear is complaining about how high prices are, and how "everything" is too expensive, and how producers are "gouging" consumers. People will then advocate for price caps, which are just another artificial constraint.
The short of it is that going forward and into the foreseeable future, the jobs created in the U.S. aren't going to be manufacturing jobs. Although some jobs may be manufacturing jobs, not enough of them will be. Deal with it. What the electorate needs to be pressing for is for the government to assist them in securing the kinds of jobs that the U.S. can support/create, not the ones that it cannot. If the electorate wants manufacturing back, it needs to articulate a willingness to accept a far lower wage for performing that work. I don't see that happening.

Last edited:

Lord, have effin' mercy! What will it take for folks to actually understand how trade works? I've had folks on this forum and outside it engage me and remark that in their opinion, I "can't see the forest for the trees." Well, guess what, with economics and business, one must see the forest and the trees, and seeing both is what drives my remarks and position on this.

It's not that I don't see that the jobs have left. It's not that I don't understand why they are in China and elsewhere and not in the U.S. It's that I know that forcing them to come back isn't going to be better; it's just going to give folks something different to gripe about.

Anyone who has studied so much as the bare minimum of high school macro and micro economics can see why Trump's and Sanders' remarks about trade won't amount to a hill of beans as goes increasing job opportunities in the U.S. They won't because free trade is a thing that affects prices; the point of free trade is to lower prices, or keep them lower than they would be without free trade. Producing things people want to buy is what generates jobs. So, if the trade policies being bandied about this campaign cycle be implemented, within a lustrum all we'll hear is complaining about how high prices are, and how "everything" is too expensive, and how producers are "gouging" consumers. People will then advocate for price caps, which are just another artificial constraint.
The short of it is that going forward and into the foreseeable future, the jobs created in the U.S. aren't going to be manufacturing jobs. Although some jobs may be manufacturing jobs, not enough of them will be. Deal with it. What the electorate needs to be pressing for is for the government to assist them in securing the kinds of jobs that the U.S. can support/create, not the ones that it cannot. If the electorate wants manufacturing back, it needs to articulate a willingness to accept a far lower wage for performing that work. I don't see that happening.

You say. "Going into the future, the jobs created here won't be manufacturing jobs". I say it's because of the secret trade deals cut by our bought and paid for politicians, including Obama. Notice how all the republicans got on board with Obama on the TPP? You know, the guy republicans pretend to hate? It's an ultra secret trade deal crafted over a number of years that even congress is not allowed to debate. And your republican candidate who's name is not Trump will go along with this. Actually, I think these trade pacts are illegal since a lot of them override American laws and regulations in the name of profit.
American workers can't compete with chinese and mexican workers because of the wage differential? Well, go price a box of nabisco crackers made in USA, or a ford made in USA. Will the prices on those items sold here go down drastically once those products are made in Mexico? Let us all know when that happens! It's all about corporate profit I'm here to say.

You say. "Going into the future, the jobs created here won't be manufacturing jobs". I say it's because of the secret trade deals cut by our bought and paid for politicians, including Obama. Notice how all the republicans got on board with Obama on the TPP? You know, the guy republicans pretend to hate? It's an ultra secret trade deal crafted over a number of years that even congress is not allowed to debate. And your republican candidate who's name is not Trump will go along with this. Actually, I think these trade pacts are illegal since a lot of them override American laws and regulations in the name of profit.
American workers can't compete with chinese and mexican workers because of the wage differential? Well, go price a box of nabisco crackers made in USA, or a ford made in USA. Will the prices on those items sold here go down drastically once those products are made in Mexico? Let us all know when that happens! It's all about corporate profit I'm here to say.

There's a special place on the forum for folks who have ideas such as the one's you've put forth above: Conspiracy Theories.

There's a special place on the forum for folks who have ideas such as the one's you've put forth above: Conspiracy Theories.[/QU

There's a special place on the forum for folks who have ideas such as the one's you've put forth above: Conspiracy Theories.

So, no answer to some valid points I made like why don't prices crash on goods formerly made here, then offshored to low wage countries. And I mean countries with huge wage disparities with USA.

Yeah...saying he should drop out of the race.

Forum List

Back